Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Letter from Mable Dunbar of Polly's Place Network  (Read 17646 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Letter from Mable Dunbar of Polly's Place Network
« on: February 08, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »

Dear Friends:

I would like to thank you for your support of Polly's Place Network.  Some of you have e-mailed me and others have made contributions to the ministry.  We are definitely in need of your financial support, but of greater importance we solicit your prayers.  God is in control of everything and He is the one that ultimately will bring about truth and justice if individuals are manipulated, controlled, abused or oppressed. 

I would like to share the following quotation with you:

Organizations, institutions, unless kept by the power of God, will work under Satan's dictation to bring men under the control of men; and fraud and guile will bear the semblance of zeal for truth and for the advancement of the kingdom of God.  Whatever in our practice is not as open as day belongs to the methods of the prince of evil.  His methods are practiced even among Seventh-day Adventists, who claim to have advanced truth.

If men resist the warning the Lord sends them, they become even leaders in evil practices; such men assume to exercise the prerogatives of God; they presume to do that which God Himself will not do in seeking to control the minds of men.  They introduce the truth, and bring in false principles that will work like leaven to taint and corrupt our institutions and churches.  Anything that lowers man's conception of righteousness and equity and impartial judgment, any device or precept that brings God's human agents under the control of human minds, impairs their faith in God; it separates the soul from God; for it leads away from the path of strict integrity and righteousness.  God will not vindicate any device whereby man shall in the slightest degree rule or oppress his fellowmen.  The only hope for fallen man is to look to Jesus and receive Him as the only Saviour.  As soon as man begins to make an iron rule for other men, as soon as he begins to harness up and drive men according to his own mind, he dishonors God and imperils his own soul and the souls of his brethren.  Sinful man can find hope and righteousness only in God, and no human being is righteous any longer that he has faith and in God and maintains a vital connection with Him.'; Testimonies to Ministers and Workers, p. 366.

During this crucial time when allegations, rumors, gossip and slander seem to be circulating, we need to pray that God will intervene and show forth His power and His glory.  Truth WILL ultimately prevail.   We must keep in mind that we are in a controversy.  No religious organization is exempt from Satan's tactics.  He is seeking to destroy the image of God in every believing Christian, be it Seventh-day Adventist, Catholic, Presbyterian, etc.; Satan sees that his time is short.  He has set all his agencies at work that men may be deceived, deluded, occupied, and entranced until the day of probation shall be ended, and the door of mercy forever shut.;  -Southern Watchman, Oct. 3, 1905. .

Last night I prayed to God to help me keep focused on Him and His ministry as found in Luke 4:18, 19; The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor. He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, and THEN to preach the acceptable year of the Lord. and Luke 1.17 last part (to make ready a people prepared for the Lord)  and He directed me to the above quotation from Testimonies to Ministers.  He also impressed me to fast and pray.  Therefore, I would like to encourage all of you to join with me on August 26 (This is the day set aside as Abuse Prevention Awareness Day by the North American Division) to pray  The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  James 5:16) specifically that God will reveal the truth regarding allegations against Linda. She is God's precious child.  He died for her like everyone else and He wants her to minister for Him according to the gifts and talents He has given her.  I admire her courage, faithfulness, commitment to ministry, and willingness to serve Him in spite of the emotional pain she has endured and continues to endure.  Whatever the truth, we must be willing to accept it, demand accountability, foster healing and restoration as appropriate.

We are in the end time, 'So everything that can be shaken, will be shaken, that those things that cannot be shaken may remain.'  Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 15,16.   With God's power in our lives, we will remain.   'It is not the capabilities you now possess, or ever will have, that will give you success.  It is that which the Lord can do for you.  We need to have far less confidence in what man can do, and far more confidence in what God can do for every believing soul.'  Christ's Object Lessons, p. 146.    God is giving and will continue to give us success, not only individually,  but also collectively as a church body.

Sincerely,

Mable Dunbar, President
Polly's Place Network

P.S.  All quotations are taken from the writings of Ellen G. White

Note: Quotation marks have disappeared as this was copied to be posted.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Letter from Mable Dunbar of Polly's Place Network
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »

Thank you for bringing this valuable information into this Forum Daryl.

Johann

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »

Mable Dunbar is a remarkable woman. I met her at the GC in 2005, and have had some contacts with her since. She needs the support og God-fearing people in what she is doing for oppressed females. Some times with very little appreciation.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:07:09 PM »

Mable Dunbar is a remarkable woman. I met her at the GC in 2005, and have had some contacts with her since. She needs the support og God-fearing people in what she is doing for oppressed females. Some times with very little appreciation.

She is a woman of courage and was even willing to pay the price of loosing financial support from ASI and others by facing Danny Lee Shelton long before we were even listening to the din!!! That is uncompromising courage that only the Lord will reward appropriately.

Gailon Arthur Joy

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:41:12 PM »

Did Mable Dunbar write the letter on February 8, 2008? (That's what it looks like from this post.)

Please insert the approximate date, if you cannot find the exact date, on posts that you copy here from elsewhere, in order to maintain the credibility of this forum.
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 03:39:27 PM »

I don't have the actual date of the letter, however, it was first posted over at Maritime SDA OnLine on November 7, 2006.
Pages: [1]   Go Up