Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: Are we ignoring the Women's Ordination Issue for a Reason  (Read 235894 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Are we ignoring the Women's Ordination Issue for a Reason
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »

My question is do you have an issue with someone who believes they are homosexual pastoring a church or being ordained if they have never engaged in homosexual sex.

If God created some humans to be attracted to the same sex....that being it is not a choice....do you have an issue with a homosexual preaching if they have chosen not to engage in homosexual sex.

Yes.  I have an issue with homosexuality in general, and I do not believe that God created people that way in the first place.  There is absolutely nothing natural about it at all.  If God had intended for homosexuality to be an acceptable way of life, why didn't He create an Eve and an Evan so Adam could have his "choice"?

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »

I disagree. Where is the sin? If a homosexual choses not to engage in sex what wrong or sin have they committed?
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2012, 06:01:28 PM »

I disagree. Where is the sin? If a homosexual choses not to engage in sex what wrong or sin have they committed?

Fine.  You can disagree with me.  Chances are, the homosexual who says he hasn't engaged in homosexual activity is lying anyway.

Johann

« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »

I have often heard at General Conference Sessions I have attended (4 or 5) and also been a delegate, that the vote against the ordination of women is largest from areas where the Roman Catholic Church dominates. Does that not tell you anything that we as a protestant church are in such fear of reactions from the Roman Catholic Church that we dare not cast our votes in any other direction? Does that not indicate we are subdued to an extent by Rome? In stead of fighting this you attempt to justify it or try to discover any means by which you can cast a shadow on those in your church who are fighting Rome. Is it about time you do some reconsideration in this area, Bob?

I'd like to have a response to this.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »

Fine.  You can disagree with me.  Chances are, the homosexual who says he hasn't engaged in homosexual activity is lying anyway.

I see you chose not to answer my question. What sin has one commited if they have not engaged in sex?
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »

Alex, remarks like that in your last post (which I deleted) are exactly why you are being moderated here!!

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »

I see you chose not to answer my question. What sin has one commited if they have not engaged in sex?

Yes.  I often choose not to respond to your posts.  It is a conscious decision on my part.  In this case, I choose not to get into an argument with you as you attempt to justify your life choices!!

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »

See folks, one cannot point out the sin in it. There isn't any.

Snoopy again I ask do you have an issue with a divorcee pastoring or an unmarried man who is no longer a virgin?
Alex L. Walker

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »

See folks, one cannot point out the sin in it. There isn't any.

Snoopy again I ask do you have an issue with a divorcee pastoring or an unmarried man who is no longer a virgin?

Right now I have an issue with organized religion in general.  Please see my response to you above.  I am NOT going to get into an argument with you as you attempt to justify your homosexual lifestyle.

Johann

Re: Southeastern California Conference should be disciplined
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »

It is unfortunate, but also important to remember, that the Southeastern California Conference constituents that are currently jumping up and down for joy that the conference has made this move are also the individuals who are advocating homosexuality in the church, theistic evolution, and greater respect for other religions, namely Catholics.

I think Bob Pickle is aware of this, but others, such as Gregory, may not have noticed this fact so much.

Quite an important point, Artiste. I know very little about the Southeastern California Conference so that would disqualify me from making a verdict against this body. But if there is something to what you state here, I see no reason to make a judgment against this body for doing what many church members all over the world would esteem right and proper, based on Scripture and our prophetic light, leaving all the other items out of the charge. How can we act so strange?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:42 PM »

It is unfortunate, but also important to remember, that the Southeastern California Conference constituents that are currently jumping up and down for joy that the conference has made this move are also the individuals who are advocating homosexuality in the church, theistic evolution, and greater respect for other religions, namely Catholics.

I think Bob Pickle is aware of this, but others, such as Gregory, may not have noticed this fact so much.

Quite an important point, Artiste. I know very little about the Southeastern California Conference so that would disqualify me from making a verdict against this body. But if there is something to what you state here, I see no reason to make a judgment against this body for doing what many church members all over the world would esteem right and proper, based on Scripture and our prophetic light, leaving all the other items out of the charge. How can we act so strange?

Perhaps because we are under the control of those who want to be in control.

Johann

« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »

So what we need to ensure unity is a way to deal with Paul's statements that does not set aside the text because of today's culture. Unfortunately, this is a major weakness in the women's ordination camp, and that is a big reason why they have not been more persuasive.

I disagree with you here, Bob. Having attended a number of General Conference Sessions I have observed that it is the people who come from Roman Catholic countries with their old traditional bias who will not be convinced and vote against the ordination of women. If we as a protestant Christian Church could be free from that Roman Catholic influence you'd see a radical change much sooner. But we are subdued by that Roman Catholic influence - and how shall we find a release?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »

I didn't say to set the text aside, or any other.  I simply do not agree with your interpretation of the text.

What alternative interpretation would you suggest?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2012, 07:05:56 PM »

I have often heard at General Conference Sessions I have attended (4 or 5) and also been a delegate, that the vote against the ordination of women is largest from areas where the Roman Catholic Church dominates. Does that not tell you anything that we as a protestant church are in such fear of reactions from the Roman Catholic Church that we dare not cast our votes in any other direction? Does that not indicate we are subdued to an extent by Rome? In stead of fighting this you attempt to justify it or try to discover any means by which you can cast a shadow on those in your church who are fighting Rome. Is it about time you do some reconsideration in this area, Bob?

I'd like to have a response to this.

Didn't I already respond?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2012, 07:06:11 PM »

Johann, the fact of the matter is that multiple times Seventh-day Adventists all over the world through their representatives have overwhelmingly stated that they don't believe we should ordain women. According to Kevin Paulson, 8 divisions in the spring of 2010 didn't want to revisit the issue, and 3 divisions did. So we have the 1881 GC Session issue, the 1990 GC Session vote, the 1995 GC Session vote, the 2010 poll of the division administrations, and the 2011 GC Annual Council vote. How many more votes are needed before we all get the point that the majority do not want this?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40   Go Up