Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Forums to be Served Soon By 3ABN  (Read 59645 times)

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: Two Forums to be Served Soon By 3ABN
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »

Re:  "The owners of the other two forums are going to be served soon..."

Is this quote by Stan Jensen hearsay?

He didn't reveal its source...

Did it come from somewhere as a means of intimidation?

BSDA was recently shut down for a while.  There appeared to be some intense activity before the shutdown involving moderators by some 3ABN/Danny Shelton supporters.

BSDA is open again but the documentory stories and letters that were pinned at the top have been taken down.

Appletree at BSDA has just suggested that the admins of 3ABN stop the 3ABN discussion.

Of course AT/DS wants it all to go away...he thinks if it's not there for people to read, it means it's not true, and therefore 3abn will claim "victory" again (by way of God of course).

I noticed Calvin's comments on Sisters telling of the TRUE story of what happened to the Fiscalini's when they were there...notice that Ian and AT/DS were quick to attack. 
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Ozzie

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 04:13:46 PM »

Appletree at BSDA has just suggested that the admins of 3ABN stop the 3ABN discussion.

Of course AT/DS wants it all to go away...he thinks if it's not there for people to read, it means it's not true, and therefore 3abn will claim "victory" again (by way of God of course).

I noticed Calvin's comments on Sisters telling of the TRUE story of what happened to the Fiscalini's when they were there...notice that Ian and AT/DS were quick to attack. 
Seems we think much alike SSOM!   :dunno:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 04:16:10 PM »

Seems we think much alike SSOM!   :dunno:

LOL!! That was figured out a long time ago  ;)
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 04:23:50 PM »

How any actually affects this situation I don't really know. This was information I was directed to as to my personal situation and how some issues and staements apply directly to that.

In my case without any reasonable expectation of being true, I was accused of a crime. Not anything to call it except a crime, not just a little no-no.
It was not said to me but circulated throughout a forum, by someone I had no contact with for a very long time. It was then finally sent to me thru another party.
It also involves an open solicitation on a very public forum for a new member to contact Member A via pm and he would fill him in on my history. Again, there was no shred of truth and it was no an opinion, The words I KNOW were used. There were threats via pm and a very recent dialog which states as to my Threats to remove you, it worked for awhile didn't it?? Clear intent.

So not always are you protected by the theory of freedom of speech.

It will be interesting to see where this leads. The rules and laws seem ever changing and evolving.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »

Sorry if I am reading between the lines but am disappointed that the attorney from MN could not or would not help you. There are so many variables in this kind of thing I think it will take a long time to work out the kinks. Whish you well in this

Bonnie
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 05:54:27 PM »

It appears that Stan also wrote but later deleted, regarding the difficulty of crossing country lines:

The people funding the lawsuit would have no problem going through Canadian lawyers and legal system..  but enough about them..

Who exactly was he talking about?

Danny claimed a year and a half ago that Garwin McNeilus was going to fund a lawsuit if need be. It's Garwin's old lawyer Gerald Duffy that is involved in this lawsuit.

I would like to believe that Garwin isn't involved in any way, except as a new director at 3ABN. However, Garwin has yet to deny Danny's statement.

My hunch is that if Garwin is involved, if his father Linden were alive today, it would put him under. I didn't know Linden extremely well, but I can't imagine him approving of this lawsuit which was filed in violation of both biblical and Spirit of Prophecy counsel.

If Garwin is involved and refuses to change course, I would think that at some point ASI would need to discipline him by removing him from his responsibilities. And the Dodge Center church as well.

If ASI cannot accept into membership someone who speaks out against the cover up of child molestation allegations, private inurement, tax fraud, and unbiblical divorce, then certainly they would not want as a director of ASI Missions, Inc. someone who is funding a lawsuit that tried to muzzle a preacher from speaking out against open, vile sin, a lawsuit that tried to do that secretly through impoundment, something akin to the way the Inquisition used to operate. Thus, one would easily assume that Garwin cannot possibly be funding the lawsuit if he still is a director of ASI Missions, Inc.

I say all that while still maintaining that I want to believe that Garwin and/or his family are not funding this stupid lawsuit, and that Danny was lying when he stated that Garwin would foot the bill. Yet I am still left with the puzzling question of why my membership application was twice rejected, the second time by an executive committee of 9, two of which abstained, leaving 7, two of those seven being Garwin's family.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 06:21:37 PM »

I actually read the quote you provided over at Club Adventist, therefore, are you saying that Stan has since deleted it?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »

I read it too.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »

In fact he has edited the reference to someone else paying for the lawsuite and has edited out the reference to two other forums getting served!!!

Amazing lack of spine, but too late...the originals are already preserved and if two
are served, perhaps we need to return the favor...there are acouple of questions I would like to ask Mr Jensen anyway.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »

Really!  All that editing!

Amazing!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 09:10:22 PM »

I still had my Club Adventist window up when I read GAJ's post about deleting stuff, so I copied and posted it here:

********************************************************************************

#153599 - Yesterday at 07:11 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: CyberGuy] 
David Koot David Koot 
Craftsman

Loc: N38d14.516m, W122d37.982m   Originally Posted By: CyberGuyAll right but what about Church leaders then. I remember that Stan banned all discussion on Danny Sheltons divorce of his wife as a personal attack against Danny Shelton. Many of us thought we were just attacking the act of divorcing his wife and marrying someone else. Attacking an action.

As I recall reading the stuff, it certainly looked libelous to me. Went beyond fair comment. Other than that, there was discussion pro and con. As for criticizing church leaders . . . well, remember, 'power corrupts.' We need the Fourth Estate for checks and balances. As for distinguishing between challenging ideas and personal attacks, that may take some education--but it can be done.

Dave

Edited by David Koot (Yesterday at 07:14 AM)

#153601 - Yesterday at 07:15 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: Stan Jensen] 
David Koot David Koot 
Craftsman

Loc: N38d14.516m, W122d37.982m   Originally Posted By: Stan JensenNot all of us are RULES people, I am not in the box.

But Stan, for a public forum involving a lot of people, there HAVE to be rules. Gotta be done, or things will continue to go downhill IMO. Bite the bullet, man.

#153602 - Yesterday at 07:16 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: Redwood] 
Stan Jensen Stan Jensen   
Carpe Diem!!!

Loc: 49.05° Lat- 122.3° Long  Most of the problems have happened over differing positions on varies matters, women's ordination, tithe, etc etc

As I have said clearly in the past. Those who have weak positions blow up easy, or something similar.
Bloggers Visit
http://www.adventistbloggers.com

#153603 - Yesterday at 07:16 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: Redwood] 
Neil D Neil D 
I ain't for sale

Loc: Ca., Id, Wa., Or.   Originally Posted By: Redwood Originally Posted By: Neil D

I think it unreasonable for a single exclusive person be moderator for 7 days a week, 2 hours per day with no breaks....2 moderators and some flexibliity can do much in a forum....

I said one person on a given day. You assign one different moderator for each day of the week to take care of the entire forum.

Works for me, but I doubt that one person on ONE specific day is gonna work out. While you might like all the tuesdays, I will not do all Saturdays exclusively...

And I doubt you will find 7 moderators for 122 forums....

#153605 - Yesterday at 07:18 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: Redwood] 
David Koot David Koot 
Craftsman

Loc: N38d14.516m, W122d37.982m  No Redwood, the 'common sense' rule won't work. It is too vague and not enforceable, as well as varying with the individual. You really need specifics. As for ostracization, that is not--repeat not--a healthy basis to rely on in policing a forum. It is an awful thing, and should be avoided rather than encouraged. Not a good way to go. Stan, you need to have rules here. Cmon man, get it over with.

#153606 - Yesterday at 07:18 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: Stan Jensen] 
Neil D Neil D 
I ain't for sale

Loc: Ca., Id, Wa., Or.   Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen
As I have said clearly in the past. Those who have weak positions blow up easy, or something similar.

I think you ought to do it my way! It's just common sense. In fact, I insist that it be done my way or it's the highway....

#153607 - Yesterday at 07:19 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: CyberGuy] 
Stan Jensen Stan Jensen   
Carpe Diem!!!

Loc: 49.05° Lat- 122.3° Long   Originally Posted By: CyberGuy
All right but what about Church leaders then. I remember that Stan banned all discussion on Danny Sheltons divorce of his wife as a personal attack against Danny Shelton. Many of us thought we were just attacking the act of divorcing his wife and marrying someone else. Attacking an action.

That was banned as they become became a liability to me, and I was not going to carry that burden. The owners of two other forums are going to be served soon, and we are not going to be.

#153608 - Yesterday at 07:19 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: David Koot] 
CyberGuy CyberGuy 

Loc: USA   Originally Posted By: David Koot Originally Posted By: CyberGuyAll right but what about Church leaders then. I remember that Stan banned all discussion on Danny Sheltons divorce of his wife as a personal attack against Danny Shelton. Many of us thought we were just attacking the act of divorcing his wife and marrying someone else. Attacking an action.

As I recall reading the stuff, it certainly looked libelous to me. Went beyond fair comment. Other than that, there was discussion pro and con. As for criticizing church leaders . . . well, remember, 'power corrupts.' We need the Fourth Estate for checks and balances. As for distinguishing between challenging ideas and personal attacks, that may take some education--but it can be done.

Dave

And what happened. All the discussion when to the BlackSDA forum. Get to harsh here and we will lose membership to other forums.

#153609 - Yesterday at 07:21 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: CyberGuy] 
David Koot David Koot 
Craftsman

Loc: N38d14.516m, W122d37.982m   Originally Posted By: CyberGuyAnd what happened. All the discussion when to the BlackSDA forum. Get to harsh here and we will lose membership to other forums.

Better that than being sued for being a repeater of libel. That falls under one of the 'big three' I listed: no libel.

Dave

#153610 - Yesterday at 07:21 AM  Re: Nominations for the team of 5 [Re: Stan Jensen] 
Stan Jensen Stan Jensen   
Carpe Diem!!!

Loc: 49.05° Lat- 122.3° Long  If people who are 40-50+ lack the skill to play well with others, what are the chances of my wit and wisdom going to do?

This is a FORUM..

Attachments

Description:

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Previous Topic    Index   Next Topic   

Who's Online
19 registered (Gerry Cabalo, carolaa, Bravus, David Koot, Redwood, Sulla, 7 invisible) and 40 anonymous users online.

details 

Newest Members
Lissa, Nicky_B, fun2believe, KyleW48, karaokeking
2572 Registered Users

ClubAdventist® is a self-supporting ministry and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland or any of its subsidiaries.
Copyright © ClubAdventist.com® 1999 - 2007

===========

Edited as requested by Snoopy. - Daryl Fawcett,Administrator.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:25:24 AM by Daryl Fawcett »

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »

I read it too.

I read it too.  I had posts deleted all over the place.  One day it was OK to post in 3ABN issues.  Then boom!  Everything was gone!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:09:53 AM by Fran »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 05:21:41 AM »

I know some the ways in which one private citizen concerning another can be impacted. How this impacts a public organization on the public airwaves will remain to be seen.

If I tell you publically that you are mentally unstable. Not in my opinion,not I think, but present it as fact I might be required to offer professional proof of that in a lawsuit and be held accountable financially if pursued.

If I accuse you of a crime and send to others ,others only have to be one third party ,it is libel. Unless that crime is true. If I solicit on a public open forum for others to contact me so that I may tell them who you really are,proceed to "I know" things, let me tell you about Mr. joy, none of which are true,it is libel.
How it affects 3ABN and the problems they are having if stated publically I don't know. They have a huge
responsibility and how they use public money and the airwaves supported by that I am sure has many avenues.

Is it possible that what was seen as to Club Adventist cooperating and turning over records was removed by the administration because of a concern over how others see it.
Many things have gone on and many things have been said that others have the expectation of remaining private. Would it be removed as to not make some of the "natives" restless in fearing that maybe it is not so private anymore. And as in all lawsuits, all it takes is the wrong string to be pulled, and those least expecting to do so, come tumbling out. At one time a statement was made on C/A that C/A administration would never willingly hand over any records of C/A. It could have a chilling effect.

I have the legal definition somewhere, not handy at the moment, but in cases involving statute of limitations....
Some defendents will find they are no longer safe on those grounds if they are in fact the ones to ressurrect them in new issues or keep it ongoing.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:02:35 AM by bonnie »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 05:51:55 AM »

In our situation a few years ago some surprising things came out in despositions as to what can be brought out.

During mine when asked when I first knew I explained the day and said "I said to my husband" Our attorney got a little concerned and stopped me right there. As a statement made regarding my husband would bring him into it and of course whatever I had said to him concerning this issue, but many other issues would be brought to the table. Not just that one statement but all.

Stautes of Limitations can be tricky things.  But one thing those that do so much huffing and puffing forget, many times they are the ones least able to handle the scrutiny. One statement leads to another and soon it is surprising what that has laid on the table for all to see.

What they themselves have done is righteous wrath. When it is done to them the whole thing is outrageous  and then they are going to sue, forgetting for the moment their acts will then becme public. I think that some are so convinced of their own cleverness that it never occurs to them that the whole world won't see it just that way.

Not always are the little piggies cowering in a corner of their strawhouse while the big bad wolf is huffing and puffing
Those that are guilty have a tendency to forget what events led up to an action taken. Focusing only on the action by another. Never believing for a moment that reasons for that action just may come back to bite them.
I think it is easier to keep proclaiming faith in a popular individual than actually admit to yourself you may have been duped and what you believed was not true. Then you need to do a little soul searching and many are not inclined to do so.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:27:36 AM by bonnie »

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 01:01:14 PM »

Seems like Stan turned somewhat awry after Linda refused to accept a suggestion of his soon after her divorce.

What was that suggestion Johann?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up