Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3abn to air Dannys Story  (Read 49182 times)

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
Re: 3abn to air Dannys Story
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2010, 07:42:23 AM »

Ian - from your post - (I think there is only one person who could have known about this and brought it to world wide attention,...).  You underlined starting at the there.  The I think totally changes the content of the sentence.  "I think" means the person writing is not sure of the fact.

Grat- I didn't mean to give a false impression with the words I underlined, and you bring up a valid point in that Dr T did use the words " I think".

I would just add to what you said as I disagree in part, that sometimes our thoughts and what we think is based on facts which we know, or which have been proven, and other times they are based on our own faulty opinions or partial views. I believe we should all allow for the fact that we are human and may be wrong or mistaken.

IMO, Dr T used wisdom and discretion in speaking as he did, and I appreciate that. "I think" Pickle and Joy could and should do the same. They could do with a whole lot more " I thinks" rather than speaking as if their thoughts and opinions are infallible and proven facts. They aren't.

Blessings...

Little Grasshopper

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2010, 08:26:31 AM »

[quote author=3ABN_Defender link=topic=1769.msg22325#msg22325 date=1262703865
You have replied to the same post and quote twice in a row here, and by all reports we don't know each other.
 3d
[/quote]

The others won't ask, but I will. 

1.  How is it you can use the trademark "3ABN" and call yourself 3ABN Defender without having 14 lawyers in Minneapolis and Boston immediately climb all over you back?  You've been the 3ABN DEFENDER  for some time and no lawyer has said a word to you?  How does that work?  Explain, please.

2. You report, with assurance, that another site is going to publish your timeline so that you can continue to be the 3ABN Defender. And yet, "by all reports we don't know each other."   And why add the modifier, "by all reports"?   

4.  Have you had the business cards printed with 3ABN DEFENDER, Inc., on them?  Do you get paid $350 an hour for being a legal spokesperson? You seem to function here as an agency of the parent organization.  Does 3ABN know you are the 3ABN Defender?  Do they approve and stand behind your commentary? There are 14 or more lawyers associated with the law firms 3ABN employs, but you can do more defense work for free with your timeline publishing business?  Explain, please.

5.  And after all of that,  'by all reports" you claim you are not known by "Ian."   Ian, who claims to know almost all the facts doesn't know the 3ABN Defender and the 3ABN Defender doesn't know Ian.

How odd.  Please forgive me, 3ABN Defender,  but I'm a bit skeptical.   

Little Grasshopper

Pat Williams

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »

Dear Skeptic,

You appear irrational to me. You don't want to discuss what the bee is in your bonnet as reasonable people can and should? So be it.  Before moving on I am just going to say these three things.

I  speak for myself. I was not sent here by 3abn and am not payed by them or anyone else to post here.

If I had not signed up here with the login name of 3ABN Defender, this group would have labelled me that anyway, as they have been labelling all who disagreed with them  from their early days on MSDAOL, and Blacksda.  If you have a problem with the name, take it up with those who created it.

For your own sake you really need to be more careful about making claims regarding what individuals have either said or have not said, or done, or not done, when they are not based on facts, because it amounts to lying.

"toodles..."

3d

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:31:00 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

Johann

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »

It happened in the boardroom the time that LINDA convinced the board to vote against Danny!  Yeah, it really and truly happened on more than one occasion!  Danny would not let it happen again!  One instance was about who could sing on 3ABN.  Linda thought everyone singing on 3ABN should not be an adulterer or be smoking or drinking!  The board agreed and voted in agreement with Linda!  However, Danny wanted his daughter to sing, and she did just that, defying the board and his wife!  What a slap in Danny’s face to have his wife and board to dictate to him about Melody, his own daughter, even if she was committing adultery and smoking. 

Then, back several years, the board knew about Tommy.  The board and Linda voted not to allow Tommy on the 3ABN payroll!  That was it!  Danny was livid.  He began his vendetta against Linda!  Danny hired Tommy under contract selling and installing satellites.  So he did his in your face task and went about his merry way and eventually Danny put Tommy back on the 3ABN payroll with NO BOARD APPROVAL just Danny’s!

Then that dastardly Dryden letter came in 2003!  This is when Danny rounded up those most faithful to him to pray with him to get Linda off the board.  She was fighting him!  Thus came the, "I no longer was my vice president!"  The group had finally done Danny dastardly deed!.  The doctor was nothing but a convenient target.  Linda was the cause of this mess, but for the reasons I speak and NOT for committing adultery!   Something new has hit the light of day and is about to become public.  What a breath of fresh air!  The Lord will shine the light of day to help put this puzzle together once and for all.  What is it?   Beats me, but I am getting excited to find out!  Why else would the Dannyites be out in such force?  I am going to count on something about to hit the fan.  This is all just my opinion.  Now, just to give you liars a bit to fodder, Tax investigations are still ongoing as of my report last week.  Tell me how stupid I am.  I could care less.  You are the ones that are not looking at the facts!  And I did share with one person my information.  Chew that cob!   My story is as valid as yours is.  You have no evidence for your “c_ _p”!  So I am no stupider than you are! 

Fran, have you ever heard of a rumor mill that runs backwards? You feed it with facts and when they come out the other end they are classified as rumors.

Little Grasshopper

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2010, 11:09:48 AM »

For your own sake you really need to be more careful about making claims regarding what individuals have either said or have not said, or done, or not done, when they are not based on facts, because it amounts to lying.

It's absurd that you would be the one who would want people to be careful about what others have said or not said.

You said:

When all the research is done, and documented, this will all be layed out and published online so all can see for themselves who the people were and what they did and said on Linda's behalf, and how they worked to orchestrate a campaign against 3abn with calls and emails to Churches and officials ect... Of course that can't be here, as this forum won't allow us to publish the identities of SSOM, Artiste, Sister, Watchbird or any of the others in the group, so that limits what I can say here. The other forum will do as one vehicle to finally reveal all as Linda has asked, and in fact demanded.

Consider the last part where you say, "finally reveal all as Linda has asked and in fact demanded."  You put words in Linda Shelton's mouth.  Linda asked that specific evidence about Linda, herself, be made public. You have no such evidence, such as a purported telephone recording. Therefore, you have no capacity to ever comply with Linda Shelton's  request. You have no ability in that area.  Period. Therefore, you will not be doing what Linda Shelton requested.  Don't try to say you are doing what Linda Shelton demanded.  You are not.

Also, for the record, I believe no such incriminating evidence regarding Linda ever existed. Since you have no connections to 3ABN, as you stated, you can do nothing but substitute your own synthesized logic, as pitiful as that may be.

Therefore, you are the one that needs to be more careful about what others have said or not said.  I've just been asking you qualifying questions.   By doing so, I'm learning that your interpretation of events is totally unfounded and totally baseless.

Little Grasshopper

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2010, 11:58:25 AM »

If something is "afoot", other than what has been posted here, I am not aware of it, Duane. I am also somewhat surprized and taken aback to see you describe my replies to your PMs to me as "a barrage of PMs I got from 3ABN Defender".

I usually consider PMs private and confidential, but as you have brought them up here publicly and that may cause questions or concerns with others who you are posting to, I am perfectly willing to quote all in a thread here so that others can see what we both said.

Would you like me to do that? If so, just let me know.

3d
Go right ahead, if that's what you want to do. Threatening me will get you nowhere.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2010, 04:33:23 PM »

ADMIN HAT ON

Really BAD idea, 3D!!  I would expect you to know better than that.  "PM" = Private Message.  Here the operative word is PRIVATE.

ADMIN HAT OFF

If something is "afoot", other than what has been posted here, I am not aware of it, Duane. I am also somewhat surprized and taken aback to see you describe my replies to your PMs to me as "a barrage of PMs I got from 3ABN Defender".

I usually consider PMs private and confidential, but as you have brought them up here publicly and that may cause questions or concerns with others who you are posting to, I am perfectly willing to quote all in a thread here so that others can see what we both said.

Would you like me to do that? If so, just let me know.

3d

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2010, 06:36:08 PM »

I understand, Snoopy, but it really doesn't bother me at all. I said nothing I can't back up or am ashamed of. 3d apparently can't say the same.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »

3D, I am afraid, I am going to have to disagree with your timing here.  It was 3ABN's initial cryptic messages left on the website, etc. that alerted people to the issues going on with Linda.  I didn't either Danny or Linda from a can of paint, but on BSDA we were a little taken aback at 3ABN's handing of the situation.  They did it, as you stated without in details, but clearly placing fault with Linda.  Danny came on BSDA initially with something none of us bought this was only days after they made their "annoucement".  The discussions, with both sides, and forum came months later, after discussions were limited or cut off on other sites.  It as a long time before Johann and defintely Derrell showed up at BSDA......in fact, I believe it was Melody who showed up first...............when her name(actually the subject of her and Derrell's divorce) was mentioned in a post(you all do get deep into folks personal business, don't you?  LOL!!)......I guess they all were reading the psots ona regular basis, we got lots of quick responses......LOL!!!

What they should have done was played all taped shows, in the meantime, taking time to think before acting in anger for Danny's sake........never mind...water under the bridge now.....

Emma, thank you for your question. I am not sure if answering it in detail here is on topic or not. :) So, I will be brief. In looking at all and reading the very first posts and publicized announcements and letters. It is my opinion that 3abn initially gave no details and were in fact being criticized for not doing so. No one knew why Linda was no longer at 3abn or even what the problem was within the Shelton's marriage. IMO, that was all announced and made public by Linda, Darell Mundall, and Johann Thorvaldsson, and others, ( not by those who were alerted to problems and wanted to look at them) Linda adnd her friends were the ones doing "the alerting" - which in turn brought about the responses from Danny Shelton and 3abn, which in turn was used to justify the accusations by Linda and her friends that 3abn was publicly trashing her.
A friend is helping compile a timeline which demonstrates all of this, and includes the fliers handed out at campmeeting before Linda was even fired or divorced (fliers made by Johann, the DR, Linda's help, and Danny's ex son in law). The first article published by AToday revealing all from the perspective of "sources close to Linda" who were "speaking out" and referring to both Johann and Mundall, and Linda and her website registered in June of 2004 by Mundall- as sources. There is alot more... and many others also, in the small group who started all this publicity and ugliness,  on CA, and then moving to BSDA and Maritime as a group to continue with their agenda to bring down both Danny Shelton and 3abn.  When all the research is done, and documented, this will all be layed out and published online so all can see for themselves who the people were and what they did and said on Linda's behalf, and how they worked to orchestrate a campaign against 3abn with calls and emails to Churches and officials ect... Of course that can't be here, as this forum won't allow us to publish the identities of SSOM, Artiste, Sister, Watchbird or any of the others in the group, so that limits what I can say here. The other forum will do as one vehicle to finally reveal all as Linda has asked, and in fact demanded. Being that the lawsuit is over, It is past time, imo.

But, anyway the point is Danny Shelton was speaking in reaction to all that was being said about him imo, and in hindsight it may have been better for him not to have spoken in some instances, but it was a case of he and 3abn being found at fault and attacked when they didn't say something, and then found at fault and attacked when they did. NOT easy. Unfortunately and imo it is true that many have said things on both sides in all of this which shouldn't have been said, but as far as DS protesting too much goes? No I don't see it that way. Not, if all is examined and what he actually said, vs what it has been reported that he said is looked at. If one goes by only what Linda and her friends have claimed, well I understand it could look that way, for that's exactly what they were trying to make it look like.

I hope this answers your question somewhat.

3d
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Pat Williams

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2010, 09:55:54 AM »

3D, I am afraid, I am going to have to disagree with your timing here.  It was 3ABN's initial cryptic messages left on the website, etc. that alerted people to the issues going on with Linda.  I didn't either Danny or Linda from a can of paint, but on BSDA we were a little taken aback at 3ABN's handing of the situation.  They did it, as you stated without in details, but clearly placing fault with Linda.

Thank you, Princessdi  but I think it is likely you would agree that 3abn did have to say something, as she was gone. I'm sorry but you don't appear to  know what 3abn's "initial" messages even were. The July 1, 2004 statement you refer to was posted in response to the May/June article on AToday which was published after interviewing sources close to Linda.  

Here is all that 3abn actually said before it was all made public by 3abn's accusers.

I guess you could assume that 3abn was placing the fault with Linda, but it seems to me you could just as easily assume she had decided to go start her own ministry and there was no fault involved.

Statement Regarding Linda Shelton

Linda Shelton is on a leave of absence from Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Due to employee confidentiality, we cannot provide details on Mrs. Shelton's leave of absence. Danny Shelton continues in his role as president to oversee and manage 3ABN operations.

With the professional assistance of members of our board, our president, and the rest of the 3ABN leadership team, 3ABN will continue to deliver its message of faith and hope to its many viewers throughout the world.

Posted May 20, 2004.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040618234902/www.3abn.org/news/2004/06-linda-update.html

Because of decisions Linda Shelton has made that have taken her in a different direction than that of the ministry, the Board of Directors of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) regrets to say that she is no longer an employee of 3ABN.

Posted June 17, 2004.

3d

Little Grasshopper

« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:35 PM »

Thank you, Princessdi  but I think it is likely you would agree that 3abn did have to say something, as she was gone.

Linda Shelton was not "gone."   Linda did not wander off from a nursing home during the night as an incompetent person might do.  She was not suddenly "gone."

Linda Shelton was fired and thrown out on her ear -- based on trumped-up charges that never saw the light of day.   

That's where you come in, 3ABN Defender.  For every misleading label you seek to attach to Linda Shelton there will be other people ready to pull those labels off even faster.  You will never succeed.

Little Grasshopper

Little Grasshopper

« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2010, 02:24:35 PM »

I guess you could assume that 3abn was placing the fault with Linda, but it seems to me you could just as easily assume she had decided to go start her own ministry and there was no fault involved.

3d

Please, just stop with this nonsense!

Little Grasshopper.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2010, 01:51:29 PM »

You are correct, 3D, I was unaware of the first statement by 3ABN.  However, it is still problematic, as Linda was on  leave and Danny was not. Still shows their bias.  They should have sat them both down until it was sorted out......as it appears Danny should not allowed to stay...........

However, their actions are stil a cause for concern.  They wasted a lot of money retaping shows so that Danny didn't have to see her.  That was the board acting out Danny's wishes, and not at all in the best interest of 3ABN.

Thank you, Princessdi  but I think it is likely you would agree that 3abn did have to say something, as she was gone. I'm sorry but you don't appear to  know what 3abn's "initial" messages even were. The July 1, 2004 statement you refer to was posted in response to the May/June article on AToday which was published after interviewing sources close to Linda.  

Here is all that 3abn actually said before it was all made public by 3abn's accusers.

Linda Shelton is on a leave of absence from Three Angels Broadcasting Network. Due to employee confidentiality, we cannot provide details on Mrs. Shelton's leave of absence. Danny Shelton continues in his role as president to oversee and manage 3ABN operations.

With the professional assistance of members of our board, our president, and the rest of the 3ABN leadership team, 3ABN will continue to deliver its message of faith and hope to its many viewers throughout the world.

Posted May 20, 2004.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040618234902/www.3abn.org/news/2004/06-linda-update.html

Because of decisions Linda Shelton has made that have taken her in a different direction than that of the ministry, the Board of Directors of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) regrets to say that she is no longer an employee of 3ABN.

Posted June 17, 2004.

3d

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up