Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN Board Member Breaks Sabbath  (Read 160934 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: 3ABN Board Member Breaks Sabbath
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2008, 05:38:02 AM »

Bonnie, the house being talked about is worth 1.2 not l.3 million and it is a one family, 3 bedroom on 0.44 acres. If the home were located in another state or area it would probably be much less. When I first bought my home it was for 49.5 thousand and was told the same home in a nearby city would be 125 thousand. This is all much ado about nothing.

Donna, the link says the house has a CAMA value of $1,357,350.

Was your house 5260 sq. ft.?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2008, 05:40:29 AM »

You are rude, condescending, arrogant, pompous, nasty

Honestly, I think part of Gailon's problem is that he has had to communicate with lawyers for too many years. If you don't watch it, it can affect you.

irspro

« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2008, 06:27:20 AM »

We SDAs like to jostle each other within our religious affiliation; however, it's a different story when those without take the within to task.  Attempt to come to a realization that those within which you may disagree may not have your understanding of character which you attribute to God with reputation which you attribute to that fellow member.

We are all witnesses if we call ourselves Christians whether we like it or not.  We all need to be intelligent witnesses in this journey we call life to build a good reputation with out fellow man which works wonders in human relations.  Before I go any further, I aver that reputation is not necessarily on "all-fours" with character as seen by God.  You may have a good reputation with the world outside your church while elsewise within the fold.  You may have a good character as seen by God while your reputation may be elsewise to some extent within the fold.  We have also been reasonably advised that guilt of one commandment is esentially equivalent to guilt of all.

Some view commandments as laws; whereas, others see them as promises.  Let me, as a seasoned lawyer, advise you that they are apt to be both when viewed through the total population with no view toward any dilution of God's apparent intent to measure man's character.  This side of Heaven and eventually the New Earth where we will study the Plan of Salvation, there will continue a window for possible disagreement, both within as well as without the fold.  Selfishness and greed may have a part in how we view the reputations of our fellow man.  

Due to time constraints to post this message with the need to meet a mandatory schedule, I will present how I have handled the commandment pertaining to adultry. I feel I have the duty to my spouse to even avoid the appearance continuously as opposed to continually that could become an excuse for them to fail in this respect.   I have openly avowed a promise to my God, Creator, my spouse, and the world during a public assembly using some very definate terms that neither be misunderstood nor misconstrued in their most conservative construction.  I have explained on a number of occasions that my attitude on fidelity on any of the commandments is initially to a Higher Power than man with man standing second in line.  I'll not try to install these on a prayer-wheel device(period).  As a Christian Publican for more than two decades and additional decades in law, my character was investigated as it related to honesty, thrift, and dependability.  I say character rather than reputation on the basis of length, depth, and width, width meaning on an ongoing basis so long as I was employed.

If I was in the independent broadcast ministry alleging SDA some connections with the hope of broad SDA membership financial support, preferably through a "conduit" supported by organization on an equal with its own organized broadcast ministry rather than at the behest of  individuals for their individual contributions and had co-authored a publication on the Ten Commandments, how strictly would you rate me and in which community on reputation or character, your choice, when it comes to any of the Ten?  

Even some within a conservative fold may enjoy celebrity status liberally which many time requires an inordinate amount of advertising or public display with a possible liberal view of moral terpitude.

Donna

« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »

Bonnie, the house being talked about is worth 1.2 not l.3 million and it is a one family, 3 bedroom on 0.44 acres. If the home were located in another state or area it would probably be much less. When I first bought my home it was for 49.5 thousand and was told the same home in a nearby city would be 125 thousand. This is all much ado about nothing.

I do not understand why all this attention to Elder Phipps house. We should be thankful that he has been blessed with a home that meets the needs of his social position. I am not jealous of him but glad for him. While my home has more than ample room, according to today's standards, I could not begin to entertain the amount of people he probably has to.

We probably all understand that the tax assessments on our homes nearly always are higher than what we could probably get out of them. To have looked at this fairly I would think you would have gone by the actual sale price rather than the tax assessment.

I don't recall who asked about Linda Shelton's house in comparison to Elder Phipps, but I did find out that her very nice house is a 200,000, two story with a pool. Since DS allowed her most of their home furnishings I do not think she is in need.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2008, 07:19:52 AM »

[quote ]

And that means what?? Did he purchase that illegally, using donated funds that were earmarked for something else??

If he did and you have the facts, go to the authorities. This man has been dragged into this mess with what is supposed to look like religious fervor and zeal, when in reality it is nothing more than his tie to 3ABN.
I would imagine many at 3ABN and other org. can be found wanting as to Sabbath observance my way. So what?
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2008, 07:29:26 AM »

I do not understand why all this attention to Elder Phipps house. We should be thankful that he has been blessed with a home that meets the needs of his social position. I am not jealous of him but glad for him. While my home has more than ample room, according to today's standards, I could not begin to entertain the amount of people he probably has to.

We probably all understand that the tax assessments on our homes nearly always are higher than what we could probably get out of them. To have looked at this fairly I would think you would have gone by the actual sale price rather than the tax assessment.

I don't recall who asked about Linda Shelton's house in comparison to Elder Phipps, but I did find out that her very nice house is a 200,000, two story with a pool. Since DS allowed her most of their home furnishings I do not think she is in need.

No, the assessments on our homes are not higher than the market value, quite the opposite in fact. If you are trying to defend someone's lifestyle be more accurate.
The actual sale price of a home runs at least 10% or more than the assessed tax on your home, unless something has changed in the past few years. When we purchased our home 11 years ago,the sale price altho low because of a divorce was still above the taxed value

For me I guess it boils down to one question,do you believe your own hype as an evangelist?? Do you have the right to "call" for donations when you live in a house you deem worthy by the standards of those you are "required" to entertain? To me NO, not when the funds to spread the gospel have to take in a lavish lifestyle of those claiming to spread it.
You obviously feel different ,so go for it. I will keep my money in area's I am confident the intended recipent's come first
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Donna

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2008, 07:43:28 AM »

Bonnie, I was not defending anyone's life style but only stating what I knew from the assessments in our area. They assessed my home for 137,000, but when I had an appraiser appraise it he said 67,000. I called the assessor and got it reduced but not by that much. If it is better in your area, then praise God.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2008, 07:52:59 AM »

ADMIN HAT ON

I don't think it is necessary for any of us to comment on another's need to read the Bible.  Can we all please try to be respectful of each other?  I do include myself in that, by the way.

ADMIN HAT OFF

It does appear you are defending his lifestyle. I don't care how many bathrooms, how many bedrooms this man has. As long as he can maintain his lifestyle within his stated incomes.
 I couldn't care less about the man's perceived need for his social position. With that remark, I may be tempted to tell you to read the gospel a little more throughly. To me, I find this type of lifestyle at odds with what evangelists preach while trying to get my money. It does not make it illegal,only a bit distaseful as far as I am concerned. Nor do I don't care enough about LS house or lifestyle,or the amount of furniture she has. I don't care how DS lives, AS LONG AS IT SHOWS living on this mere pittance of 94,000.00
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:39:45 PM by Snoopy »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2008, 07:57:59 AM »

onestly, I think part of Gailon's problem is that he has had to communicate with lawyers for too many years. If you don't watch it, it can affect you.

NO Bob, I wouldn't be afraid to bet the farm that Gailon was this way prior to so much communication with lawyers and that this simply honed what was already present.

While I am still convinced of the house cleaning that might be appropiate for 3ABN as it relates to DS,Gailon might need to find the same broom and start by cleaning his before someone gets a bigger broom.

What you demand of DS and 3ABN, you best be willing to give, if not , the position you are in is sometimes referred to as patsy. 3ABN,DS and Gailon will be left standing and you are the one that will go down

edited sentence correction
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:25:06 AM by bonnie »

GrammieT

« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2008, 08:23:23 AM »

Please allow me to lay a predicate to what I see as mass confusion that can present itself when I fail to "read" and "correctly understand" instructions as outlined in The Ten Commandments, The Law of God, The Decalogue, and message board rules.  I'll only delve into the "message board rules" in this post with a 'cut and paste" from one of Snoopy's messages which includes certain quotes and above shown characters which did not paste-forward.

I first feebly attempted to register with AdventTalk, probably under CPAATTY I  think; however, I never received an e-mail subsequent to the initial as I was informed in the registration process.  I dismissed that attempted procedure completely.  I forced the issue on my present ID, irspro, and was successful after a few days even though I never received the second e-mail on that registration process.

The "CPAATTY" screen name advised "irspro" of an identity issue which you may research with no subsequent message of which I am aware.  I'm bewildered with message-board procedure moreso on AdventTalk than others, even from those I think who think they correctly know.   I, at least, correctly know the rule against dual-registrations!

NOTE SPECIFICALLY: I, irspro, was the correct adentity that made the apology to Grammie T quoted in error in the following:

" LOL...GrammieT, I have to thank you for teaching me!  I did not know about that little "quote" icon until you pointed it out!!  So...

Quote from: GrammieT on Yesterday at 12:43:43 PM

Dear CPAATTY:

Thank you for your quite gentlemanly apology, kind sir.  

GrammieT

P.S.  You need to learn how use the quote system on this board, but don't be offended by my comment. . . It took me a lo-o-o-ng time to learn it myself, much thanks to Snoopy."    

Oh-h-h dear,  I'm still quite confused as to who apologised to me 'cause I didn't see "inspro's" name in the quoted section that he now claims.  But that's okay.  It just points out that I still have a lot of learning to do. I'm gonna stick with it until I figure it out, duh-h-h!    :hamster:

Back to the program in progress. :rabbit:

GrammieT   :dogwag:

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2008, 09:14:09 AM »

I do not understand why all this attention to Elder Phipps house.

I don't think there has been much attention at all. Gailon posted a link. You made a comment that I asked a question about.

We should be thankful that he has been blessed with a home that meets the needs of his social position.

His social position in Florida, I believe, is a Seventh-day Adventist pastor. Is the denomination's tithe revenue sufficient for all its pastors to have homes that meet such needs?

We probably all understand that the tax assessments on our homes nearly always are higher than what we could probably get out of them.

I can't say about other parts of the country, but here the tax assessment has been below fair market value for years.

Remember, Ronnie Shelton claimed that it was a huge pool, because any pool is huge to someone who has none. And he claimed that her house was a mansion.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?act=findpost&hl=huge+pool&pid=164323

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?act=findpost&hl=huge+pool&pid=165796

Look at the house agreement of June 4, 2004, and you will find that Danny didn't give her anything according to that agreement.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »

What you demand of DS and 3ABN, you best be willing to give, ....

Of course. And I think I have demonstrated that.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »

What you demand of DS and 3ABN, you best be willing to give, ....

Of course. And I think I have demonstrated that.
[/quote]

No, I don't believe you have. Danny and his followers will turn on a dime on someone that dares to disagree or hold a viewpoint other than DS has been anointed by God. I also see that here among some of you that support the anti-DS-3ABN side. Partial truths etc. I have seen the leader of this pack rabidly turn against those he saw as no longer willing to do his bidding.While you remained silent. I am maybe a little touchy on the aspect of remaining silent, but that fact destroyed my sons marriage and did great emothional harm to not only him but my three little granddaughters.
Keeping silent to me is the same as condoning

Personally, if you want the complete unvarnished truth as I see it,you are going to be left holding the other guys shirt.I know that will make some of you angry and I guess I can live with that.

I firmly believe that DS is not only in favor of but behind the scenes is instrumental in keeping this going That might be your first clue. To me, if that were not so, and DS didn't like it, he would soon muzzle those that thought they were doing him a favor by making sure it goes and on and on. I don't think he minds at all and in fact relishes the beleaguered man of God struggling on under so much evil thrown his way picture.

He is going to win whether he actually does or not. So is Gailon. They both will go steamrolling down the hill, maybe without even the shirt on their back, declaring victory no matter what . And you are going to be left holding their shirt.

I think it entirely possible that the defenders are not as many as appear, but 3-4 defenders rolled into one.
Afraid to be known for their defense of DS. Not much in the line of defenders but you fall short as well when you don't take a stand when you see some very questionable posts. When someone is attacked because they are no longer in lockstep with you and Gailon it is no better than what the other side does

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2008, 01:16:24 PM »

Let's back up a little. I have said that it was wrong for Shelley Quinn and company to trash Alyssa Moore's statement about Danny's alleged sexual assault in global TV while claiming to not be defending themselves. I have definitely made statements like that.

Perhaps there have been times when I have addressed the Danny defenders' language and tone, but I don't recall.

I have stated that certain apologies should be made, and I have demonstrated that I am willing to do that myself.

Worshiping vipers? Yes, I think Gailon should not have said that.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2008, 01:19:46 PM »

Let's back up a little. I have said that it was wrong for Shelley Quinn and company to trash Alyssa Moore's statement about Danny's alleged sexual assault in global TV while claiming to not be defending themselves. I have definitely made statements like that.

Perhaps there have been times when I have addressed the Danny defenders' language and tone, but I don't recall.

I have stated that certain apologies should be made, and I have demonstrated that I am willing to do that myself.

Worshiping vipers? Yes, I think Gailon should not have said that.

I can go you one better. Gailon was wrong, there is no thinking or two ways about it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Up