Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: IRS Investigation Not Over?!!  (Read 111218 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: IRS Investigation Not Over?!!
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 08:35:56 AM »

No - I knew that already!  It's an accountant thing.

If they had complied, you may never had known about that, therefore, their lack of compliance went against them in this instance.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:54 AM »

I would think that the IL AG has to receive their form, the audited financial statement, and the 990 before a charity is in compliance.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 09:41:35 AM »

I would think so, too.  It would be nice if we could get the non-compliance word out to more people right away since we are on the door of the holiday giving season.  Maybe an email campaign to individual churches? 

childoftheking

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 10:56:32 AM »

I think they have filed these three things and are now in compliance though they were not until their recent filing.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »

My impression was that they would be "in compliance" once the filing had been processed and scanned.  And what "processed" means, I don't know.  However, I sent some of the motions from the court case as well, so I would suspect that the AG's office will be looking at the 2007 filing a little more closely than in the past.  In the meantime, no information is presented when one does a search on Three Angels Broadcasting in the Charitable Database Search option, an indication that the AG does not yet consider them "in compliance".

I think they have filed these three things and are now in compliance though they were not until their recent filing.

Johann

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »

Are you taking this as an indication the IRS Investigation might not be over yet?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2008, 12:54:17 PM »

I don't know what to think about the IRS investigation.  All I can say at this point is that based on my experience at 3ABN and my knowledge of documents involved in 3ABN's defamation/trademark lawsuit against Bob and Gailon, I am very hard pressed to believe that it is over or that there were no adverse findings or excise taxes.  Especially given 3ABN's apparent reticence to provide their Form 990 for public inspection as requred by the IRS!

Are you taking this as an indication the IRS Investigation might not be over yet?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2008, 01:43:40 PM »

The IRS assigned a claim number in Jan of 2005.  I have that claim number.  It was sent up the ladder and has been going since January 2005 and is still ongoing since I have not been notified of any thing as yet about it being over.  In January, they will have been under investigation for 4 solid years.

Squeaky Clean?  I think not.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2008, 02:30:26 PM »

Snoopy, would the IL AG be interested in this statement from Walt Thompson?

"I understand that it is all the same suit, and handled as such. To my knowledge, there has been no talk of a separate fund for Danny's defense."

Thus it sounds as if 3ABN was paying Danny's personal legal expenses in the suit. It will be interesting to see if that got reported as income to Danny on the 990.

childoftheking

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »

I don't want to be too pesimistic but they filed the 1005 Illinois annual report late too and they paid $100 fine for it.

I may be in the minority but I consider their status now to be to be sort of probationary until the report has been processed and approved (to see if they have complied or in other words to see if they are now in compliance with the state of Illinois requirements since they have filed). If they are declared to be in compliance, they will go back on the website. It may just be a matter of wording but not being in compliance really isn't anything new. There was a time in the past when they were been missing from the AG website and then been put back on it. We just didn't know why until the AG office said recently why they were missing.

To me, I think there is overwhelming evidence of lawbreaking but it isn't apparent on the surface. They look good on the surface. It seems to me that many people believe the story that they are doing such a good work of spreading the gospel and doing good that they can't possibly be in the wrong. And of course they say the devil is against them because he hates the good work they are doing. Can they influence or have they influenced those who should but haven't investigated them or those who have investigated them superficially by telling this story? What do you think?

edited for grammar
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 03:55:04 PM by childoftheking »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »

I'm sure they would find that very interesting!  I remember seeing that statement somewhere, but would you refresh my memory as to where?  I'll send it to Joyce if I haven't already.

Snoopy, would the IL AG be interested in this statement from Walt Thompson?

"I understand that it is all the same suit, and handled as such. To my knowledge, there has been no talk of a separate fund for Danny's defense."

Thus it sounds as if 3ABN was paying Danny's personal legal expenses in the suit. It will be interesting to see if that got reported as income to Danny on the 990.

childoftheking

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2008, 06:51:09 PM »

Snoopy do you know if the AG office is aware of the State of Illinois property tax case against 3ABN and of its subsequent appeal and the denial of the appeal? I would think that the offical statements in that case would be listened to.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2008, 07:15:49 PM »

Yes, they have all of that along with a narrative that points them to particularly interesting parts.  They also have several motions from 3ABN's lawsuit.  Plus, I anticipate more interesting developments that I plan to forward on to the AG's office as they become public.

Snoopy do you know if the AG office is aware of the State of Illinois property tax case against 3ABN and of its subsequent appeal and the denial of the appeal? I would think that the offical statements in that case would be listened to.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »

Well, Sammy, I am glad to be able to entertain you!  However, did you notice that the letter Bob filed was REDACTED??  As for my being disfellowshipped, that seems to be your solution to anyone who disagrees with 3ABN.  Have you been assigned as the church membership director now?

Then page 10 goes into a discussion of 3ABN Management and re-iterates that lack of information regarding what the Board did but that management "fell to the almost unfettered discretion" of the Sheltons.

Snoopy get over it...to any certified accountant, to any christian and to any moral person...you are a laughingstock.  You go to 3abn to spy for the people they are in litigation with, you give out confidential information and add to it whatever fits your fancy.  You gossip and spin the truth on these internet sites and then when your identity is exposed, you become furious. You then vow to "spill your guts" so to speak against 3abn.  Imagine, you are the spy, you put yourself out there but when you are exposed you're mad at 3abn.

If all of that isn't a big enough joke, you then submit consulting bills to pickle and joy that in turn they want to submit to the court. Why?  To try and get 3abn to compensate all of you!!!!!!!   You want 3abn to pay you for spying on them under the pretense of helping!!!  Ohhh what a web we weave when we practice to deceive.

According to you, you were only there for 10 weeks, every other week so you really must have the scoop on all.  LOL  I could be wrong but wasn't it about the same time you were volunteering/spying that you were dealing with your stalker situation?  Seems like your mind might have been on too many things at once to know much of anything.

Without a doubt, your license should be taken away, you should be disfellowshipped from the church....if you hadn't already backslidden....and then you should be asking 3abn's forgiveness instead of asking them for money.

Oh well, we can always hope that if enough people find out what you've done, you will never be hired by any credible firm.  People like to be able to trust their accountants.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »

SAM: YOU are the "laughing stocK"...didn't want to give up the documents and had to dismiss your case???? What a pathetic laughing stock at that. Gutless wonders is what you represent!!!! You knew you were DEAD WRONG the whole time and tried to BLUFF ME and adventism!!! YOU WERE GUILTY and tired to BLUFF us into believing Linda Sue Shelton was the adulteress. DANNY LEE SHELTON committed Biblical adultery...did you get that SAM!!! And you still allow that face on 3ABN??? Keep it up and it will be your demise!!! The Lord will not support OPEN AND NOTORIOUS SIN!!! Your ship will most assuredly take on water as the storm grows more bold!!! Best heave overboard he that troubleth Israel!!!

Sam, you are also the snake in the graass that I have always suspected you were...you dare charge a volunteer with immoral and illegal conduct that innocently went to work for a publicly trusted 501-c-3 tax exempt organization and the volunteer simply discovered the "FOUNDER" and the "FACE OF ADVENTISM" also know as "MR 3ABN" and the "CHOSEN ONE" had his hands in the offering bucket? There are not enough words to describe the contempt I feel for, and heap upon you!!!! HYPOCRICY is what it is!!! PURE UNMITIGATED HYPOCRICY!!!

And just in case you think that this "volunteer" turned whistleblower is alone, you have many a think coming to you. And we have a growing body of evidence to support their claims!!!! YOU SUPPORT THE PIC-POCKET AND DAMN THE WHISTLEBLOWER. Now that IS the 3ABN we have come to know and DISDAIN!!! 

Now here is the the breaking news...there is yet another "trouble-shooter" within your midst so you best behave and follow the moral code you pretend to support, for mother church is watching!!!! And if they were not, I WILL BE!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Then page 10 goes into a discussion of 3ABN Management and re-iterates that lack of information regarding what the Board did but that management "fell to the almost unfettered discretion" of the Sheltons.

Snoopy get over it...to any certified accountant, to any christian and to any moral person...you are a laughingstock.  You go to 3abn to spy for the people they are in litigation with, you give out confidential information and add to it whatever fits your fancy.  You gossip and spin the truth on these internet sites and then when your identity is exposed, you become furious. You then vow to "spill your guts" so to speak against 3abn.  Imagine, you are the spy, you put yourself out there but when you are exposed you're mad at 3abn.

If all of that isn't a big enough joke, you then submit consulting bills to pickle and joy that in turn they want to submit to the court. Why?  To try and get 3abn to compensate all of you!!!!!!!   You want 3abn to pay you for spying on them under the pretense of helping!!!  Ohhh what a web we weave when we practice to deceive.

According to you, you were only there for 10 weeks, every other week so you really must have the scoop on all.  LOL  I could be wrong but wasn't it about the same time you were volunteering/spying that you were dealing with your stalker situation?  Seems like your mind might have been on too many things at once to know much of anything.

Without a doubt, your license should be taken away, you should be disfellowshipped from the church....if you hadn't already backslidden....and then you should be asking 3abn's forgiveness instead of asking them for money.

Oh well, we can always hope that if enough people find out what you've done, you will never be hired by any credible firm.  People like to be able to trust their accountants.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:11:51 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up