Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Answers to Posts from the Other Yahoo Site  (Read 181739 times)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Answers to Posts from the Other Yahoo Site
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »

This subject needs to be dropped.
You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Walt Thompson, quite frankly, doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. If he wants the facts, why doesn't he call me or some of the other victims, as he should have done to begin with?

Say what you want....I can't quite get my mind around a 20 year old man being a victim.

So, you reckon that you can't get your mind around it?

How low can you get with such a statement? But then... the serpent slid along on his under-carriage didn't he, after he deceived Eve in the garden of Eden?

Maybe, you need to put yourself in the position of any young or vulnerable person who is abused by someone in authority. That is where the abuse of power is no noxious, because the person who holds that 'powerful position' has the vulnerable person (be that adult or child), in a position with which they are not acquainted and don't know how to deal with.

Then, it becomes 'our little secret', or the abused person is made to feel that hey have done something wrong to deserve it.

It always runs the same pattern. Just need to look for the pattern.

Likewise, just need to look at the pattern of those who want to cover it all up and pretend it hasn't happened. No difference in holding the coat of the perpetrater while he/she abuses the victim. Both are as guilty as each other.

You know it all as much as I do, but you CHOOSE to deny it and CHOOSE to try to make the victim feel like the person who has done the wrong.

"May God have mercy on your soul", are the only words left for me to say.

Habanero

« Reply #346 on: July 27, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »

Chrissie, in this case it appears that Duane has developed the chutzpa needed to recognize and ignore the sort who get off on victimizing victims, and shunt them aside. To many others the words and attitudes of some who delight in subjecting victims of abuse to ridicule will keep them silent. The primary abuser was enough. They don't need to be subjected to the tender mercies of these secondary abusers.

Child_of_God

« Reply #347 on: July 27, 2008, 03:31:38 AM »

Chrissie, Not everyone who hears rumors, and sees the character traits of those spreading the rumors, can possibly know it all. What can they go on that is factually substantial?

You know it all as much as I do, but you CHOOSE to deny it and CHOOSE to try to make the victim feel like the person who has done the wrong.

unquote]

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #348 on: July 27, 2008, 05:12:53 AM »

Pick up the phone and make a few phone calls, and you will hear first-person accounts of this stuff. Be like Walt Thompson and never lift a finger to do that, and you just might continue to call it all rumors.

But tell us, in what way is Sherry Avery's eyewitness account a mere rumor?

Sam

« Reply #349 on: July 27, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »

Walt Thompson, quite frankly, doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. If he wants the facts, why doesn't he call me or some of the other victims, as he should have done to begin with?

Say what you want....I can't quite get my mind around a 20 year old man being a victim.

So, you reckon that you can't get your mind around it?

How low can you get with such a statement? But then... the serpent slid along on his under-carriage didn't he, after he deceived Eve in the garden of Eden?

Maybe, you need to put yourself in the position of any young or vulnerable person who is abused by someone in authority. That is where the abuse of power is no noxious, because the person who holds that 'powerful position' has the vulnerable person (be that adult or child), in a position with which they are not acquainted and don't know how to deal with.

Then, it becomes 'our little secret', or the abused person is made to feel that hey have done something wrong to deserve it.

It always runs the same pattern. Just need to look for the pattern.

Likewise, just need to look at the pattern of those who want to cover it all up and pretend it hasn't happened. No difference in holding the coat of the perpetrater while he/she abuses the victim. Both are as guilty as each other.

"May God have mercy on your soul", are the only words left for me to say.

I don't "know" anything and neither do you unless you were there and witnessed alleged events first hand. So think about that before you get on your high horse and start stating things as fact.

What I can give you is MPO.  I have read the accusations from Duane.  He first left the impression that he was a child. That impression stuck for quite a time before the truth was laid out.  In the beginning he said all he wanted was an apology. Down the road we found out that he had received a verbal as well as written apology.  ??????  We also find that Duane's answer to those apologies were that all was ok, forgiven and let's move on. 

But after doing that he then starts threatening legal actions of some kind.  All the time I am wondering what grounds would legal action be taken since he was 20 years old.  Was he raped?  Of course not.  Was he underage? No  Was he forced against his will by a weapon? No.  So...where is the case under the law?

Now do I say all the above makes it ok?  I have never said such a thing.  If Duane's claims are true then it was wrong in the sight of God for BOTH parties involved. If TS was sorry and said so (and he did) I'm sure he ask for God's forgiveness many years ago. I'm sure Duane ask forgiveness many years ago.  The fact that the Pickle's and Drydens of the world decided to dredge it up years later doesn't change the fact that alleged events were over, done with, and repented of long ago.  It should never have been made public.

Again this is only being rehashed because the Irs has cleared 3abn and Pickle doesn't have a leg to stand on with his allegations.  3/4 of their defense in the lawsuit is now out the window. Pickle is desperate.  Any reasonable thinking person knows that this subject has nothing to do with the lawsuit and he is grasping at straws.  Anything to distract from IRS clearance.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #350 on: July 27, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »

Sam, you have yet to provide any evidence that the IRS investigation is over, so please don't state that as fact.

Second, do you think it was appropriate for Danny Shelton to have replaced his wife in 2004 with an alleged pedophile as 3ABN production manager?

Third, if Tommy truly repented long ago, why do we have new allegations from Virginia from somewhere between 1995 to 2001, including some coming from someone who was a minor at the time, who claims that Tommy tried to perform oral *** on him?

Fourth, if he did truly repent long ago and then backslid multiple times while in Virginia, should he have been entrusted with that position at 3ABN in 2004?

Fifth, did Danny know about Tommy's trouble in Virginia when he started working again at 3ABN?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #351 on: July 27, 2008, 05:02:55 PM »

This is truly an ignorant statement......

But after doing that he then starts threatening legal actions of some kind.  All the time I am wondering what grounds would legal action be taken since he was 20 years old.  Was he raped?  Of course not.  Was he underage? No  Was he forced against his will by a weapon? No.  So...where is the case under the law?

My DIL was in her thirties and the mother of three. Where is the case? What took place was a felony in MN

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #352 on: July 27, 2008, 06:55:43 PM »

I have read the accusations from Duane.  He first left the impression that he was a child.

Would you please copy and paste any quotes from me where I said I was a child when this happened?
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #353 on: July 29, 2008, 09:16:51 PM »

Still waiting, Sam. Where did I insinuate that I was a child? Is this another wild accusation from your side that can't be backed up?
Duane Clem

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #354 on: July 29, 2008, 09:35:24 PM »

How many of Tommy's alleged victims have filed charges against him?  As Pastor Dryden and you have attempted to build a case as to the guilt of Tommy Shelton, it seems that the most proper procedure would instead be for alleged victims to address this situation in the justice system. 

I have read the information from Dryden and I had to wonder if this pastor reported the allegations to the authorities.  Isn't it the law that pastors, counselors, teachers, etc, must report such things? 

I understand that it is often very difficult for victims to report abuse, but if they were bold enough to report it to a pastor and other members of the congregation, why not take the next logical step and take it to the proper authorities?  Once guilt is established, then one could reasonably be critical of a board chairman for not responding to such a letter.  Whose job is it to investigate such things?

I have a much better idea, why not just report them all to SAM and let SAM investigate and we await a full report!!! After all, he is a pastor, of sorts, and he is being charged with sexual misconduct with parishioners. Seems a perfect fit to me.

AWAITING THAT REPORT!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2008, 09:39:51 PM »

Well, SAM,
How about a 20 year old man being required to "help" his pastor who also was the boss at 3ABN...seems it crosses the line, doesn't SAM?

Better get on it before you miss the most obvious sexual misconduct story of your career!!! Me thinks it may have qualified as "sexual harrassment", what do you think SAM??? You are the expert!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2008, 09:46:29 PM »

I don't "know" anything and neither do you unless you were there and witnessed alleged events first hand. So think about that before you get on your high horse and start stating things as fact.

SAM, just how many cases have you investigated where YOU were there? Are you telling me that you do not believe any allegations of misconduct of pastors "unless you were there?"

I wouldn't let that get out...might be a bit bad for business!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #357 on: July 31, 2008, 08:20:28 AM »

Still waiting, Sam. Where did I insinuate that I was a child? Is this another wild accusation from your side that can't be backed up?
Still won't respond, huh? I'm not surprised.

I know your post was designed to make me mad. Sorry, that doesn't work anymore. Tell the Sheltons they'll have to find a new tactic.

Your failure to respond has exposed you as someone who is less than credible. Any legitimate criticisms could have easily been backed up. I guess you don't have any evidence of ANYTHING you say. Otherwise, you'd present it.
Duane Clem

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #358 on: August 02, 2008, 11:18:57 PM »

Still won't respond, huh? I'm not surprised.

I know your post was designed to make me mad. Sorry, that doesn't work anymore. Tell the Sheltons they'll have to find a new tactic.

Your failure to respond has exposed you as someone who is less than credible. Any legitimate criticisms could have easily been backed up. I guess you don't have any evidence of ANYTHING you say. Otherwise, you'd present it.

Some of the multiple personality respondents have clearly fallen silent. But, as we have seen, there are clearly rotating shifts and someone will be back someday!!!

But then, there is always Grandma Nettie. She should be good for a response. Come on, Grandma, I have my red cape out!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann

« Reply #359 on: April 05, 2010, 03:11:07 PM »

Interesting concerns here!

i am personally acquainted with Linda.  She is a fine, caring compassionate person.  I have heard from others about how she would do kind deeds for employees having problems.   She most certainly does want whatever info out there against  her to be brought out in the open.  She has no fears as there is no evidence.   She knows who was spending time with someone other than their spouse, and it was not her.   

Kitty, you may be the perfect person then to contact her and ask her if she is willing to sign a notarized document that she will take no legal action against 3abn or Danny Shelton if they produce the evidence. I truly believe if she would do that, they would be willing to bring out the evidence she demands.

Please let us know if she is agreeable to this.

OK, this caught my eye. I have not been keeping up with all the posts here, so if this has already been discussed, I apologize. But the above request makes me think that the "evidence" was obtained in an illegal way--a legally actionable way, or else they (Danny and 3ABN) would not be asking for immunity. The way it is stated, it is almost an admission of guilt of some sort. Like when a kid says "If I tell you, do you promise you won't spank me?"

Is that really what is being said here, or am I missing something?

It this is true, it explains why the "evidence" has been hidden away for so long. Bummer to have what you think will clear you but you can't use it because it will prove you guilty.
Wow...

(Actually, I have wondered if that was not the case for a long time, but to have it admitted in black and white is pretty interesting)

Scratsmom   :hamster:  (think squirrel, not hamster)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28   Go Up