Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 3abn to air Dannys Story  (Read 49006 times)

Johann

Re: 3abn to air Dannys Story
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »

Linda never received any money for her recordings while she was with 3ABN. Everything that had Linda's name on it was to be eliminated at 3ABN when she was fired, including her recordings. She got some of what was intended for the trash bin - after her employment was terminated. So this discussion on what people employed by the church are entitled to has no relationship to Linda's case.

Little Grasshopper

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 01:34:04 PM »

She has a more recent history also, and it isn't all about she and her Doctor, and it prevents her from being on 3abn, and that was my point. It is unrealistic for this group here to expect that, or to think or expect that 3abn and it's board who are apprised and aware of all the history would reinstate or promote her, or remove Danny and not feature him and bow down to their wishes simply because a little group of accusers here who is not aware of all, and disagrees with them, doesn't know all the history, or get it.

This technique is called THE DEEP SIX amongst professional character assassins.

That's where someone says, "Joe Blow is a good employee, we love him dearly, but we would never let him drive the bus."  This is done without any shred of evidence to warrant such a comment. Such a comment would be made to destroy Joe. 

Here's the idiomatic explanation for the term.

http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/deep-six.htm

The Little Grasshopper

Johann

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »

She has a more recent history also, and it isn't all about she and her Doctor, and it prevents her from being on 3abn, and that was my point. It is unrealistic for this group here to expect that, or to think or expect that 3abn and it's board who are apprised and aware of all the history would reinstate or promote her, or remove Danny and not feature him and bow down to their wishes simply because a little group of accusers here who is not aware of all, and disagrees with them, doesn't know all the history, or get it.

This technique is called THE DEEP SIX amongst professional character assassins.

That's where someone says, "Joe Blow is a good employee, we love him dearly, but we would never let him drive the bus."  This is done without any shred of evidence to warrant such a comment. Such a comment would be made to destroy Joe. 

The Little Grasshopper

It is sad when it appears like professed Christians need the techniques of professional character assassins to defend an independent ministry.  Is that a sign of integrity? Of a real missionary spirit? Do we need to pray about this? Where do we find the workings of the Holy Spirit? What is our solution?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »

It has been the historic practice of the Seventh-day Adventist church, dating back to they days of EGW and advice that she gave on this matter, to allow employees of the denomination to recieve income from the sale and use of their intellectual property.  NOTE: This is a clear establishment of a view in Adventism that those who produced intellectual property retained certain rights to that  intellectual property and therefore could recieve income from its sale and use even though they were full-time employees of the SDA denomination.

But that isn't the issue. The issue is that Danny received royalties from Pacific press for his booklets, while at the same time receiving kickbacks from Remnant for sales of those same booklets to 3ABN. I don't of any time where Ellen White or our denomination ever approved of kickbacks.

And the issue is Danny using 3ABN to promote his 10 Comm. book, getting 3ABN to buy about $3 million of them, 3ABN ending the year with about a $3 million loss, and then suing us for the loss.

Ellen White donated to our schools the proceeds of the sales of her book COL, correct? And to our sanitariums the proceeds of the sales of her book MH, correct? What would she say if she were alive today and knew that Danny had put 3ABN in the whole in 2006, while pocketing an awful lot of money in the process? Would she approve?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »

Judge Rowe was aware of Linda's copyrights but while she was not informed of Danny's publishing profits nor of the house deal, she still ruled that Three Angels Broadcasting Network was a profit making organization (which would be in violation of their 501c3 status).

Does it not appear to be unethical that Danny Shelton and Nick Miller never informed Judge Rowe about how Danny was making royalties and sales profits to 3ABN's detriment from his publishing ventures? And that Danny's lawyers then falsely claimed that there was no evidence of private inurement? And that Danny's lawyers complained over and over again about the royalties Linda was getting amounting to maybe $20?

How much royalties did Danny make in 2001? I seem to recall that it was in the thousands of dollars.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »

Well, life goes on. Perhaps a Danny Shelton autobiography will air. As with all lives, organizations, and groups, an entire view of everything as it was cannot, and will not be given. The years have passed and alot of water has gone under the bridge. There are hatreds, grudges, horrible actions that have taken place (on all sides)... there has been love, care, concern, good actions (on all sides)... some of this has been intermitent and some has been consistent, but the true story in its entirety will never be told. Its complexity is more than a book, a video, a conversation, a litigation, or any other form of telling could ever encompass. There are so many things that will forever remain only between the parties, things that are of more significance to the whole story than any of the parts that will ever be told. There is hurt, anger and hatred, combined with love, and a confused care. This is something that all sides live with. There are people who some of us hate, yet we love them and would protect them with our last breath and drop of blood, why? Too hard to explain. There are things that cannot be explained in simple terms. Let Danny et al produce and air a biography that implies miracles and a divine preference. They must do what they must do. That is life and the struggle for survival. Those who need to believe it to be the full and total story, for whatever their reason, will. Those who need to declare it the full and total story regardless of knowledge and belief, will, for their own personal reasons. Those who declare it a total hoax and fundrasing scheme will do so for their reasons. All will have both valid and invalid points. The final question will be "is it of God? Is it all God-ordained? Should I align myself with one side or the other because that is the only side that God approves of and blesses? Should I look at the value and success of their marketing as proof of divine approval? Each will decide that for themselves based on their culture and preferences.

I wish each of you well this new year. I hope that you succeed in a big way in your life this coming year.

Pat Williams

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 04:00:42 AM »

This technique is called THE DEEP SIX amongst professional character assassins.

That's where someone says, "Joe Blow is a good employee, we love him dearly, but we would never let him drive the bus."  This is done without any shred of evidence to warrant such a comment. Such a comment would be made to destroy Joe.  

The Little Grasshopper

lol little grasshopper. Open mouth insert foot.

You mean like how you just threw out that comment "This technique is called THE DEEP SIX amongst professional character assassins." "without a shred of evidence" of that, or anything even alluding to that in your definition, in order "to destroy me" ?

Well I will leave it to you to hold to your opinion of me, and to be the expert on what professional character assassins do, just as I will leave it to 3abn, and it's board, to decide who they will, and will not, feature and use in their broadcasts, and why, as is their right.( I also will continue to maintain that it is ridiculous for members here to keep wondering if 3abn will have Linda on their programs, or expecting to see Linda on 3abn. You all need to accept that she is gone, and although you don't like it, it's done, move on and get over it. Why don't you all go campaign and do write ins to get her featured on the Hope channel instead of hoping in vain she is gonna be back on 3abn?)

And little grasshopper you should have learned by now that you just opened up this discussion for more of what you don't want to hear with your reply here, because unless you have been hiding in a hole for the last 5 years you should also know that Linda's friends were first and foremost in all the negative talk and publicity against 3abn on the internet, leading to where we are today with all this ugliness, and that is why no matter how much Joy wants her to file a suit against 3abn, she will never do so. That is the recent history I already referred to in an earlier post here and one of those reasons they will not have her on 3abn. You should also know by now that even had I wanted to cite evidence of Linda's behind the scenes involvement and manipulation in all this ugliness (Which I don't.)it would not be allowed here as it is against the rules to identify members of this forum.

Have the last word here if you so choose. I have nothing else to say to you about this.

3d
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:30:07 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

Pat Williams

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 04:17:22 AM »

Linda never received any money for her recordings while she was with 3ABN. Everything that had Linda's name on it was to be eliminated at 3ABN when she was fired, including her recordings. She got some of what was intended for the trash bin - after her employment was terminated. So this discussion on what people employed by the church are entitled to has no relationship to Linda's case.

Johann, I know you want to help and defend her, but these kind of claims are not helpful imo. You were not there, and I don't care what she or Mundall or whoever told you that is NOT true. The first clause of the separation agreement between 3abn and Linda Shelton which was signed by both parties on June 4, 2004 concerns exactly what you are talking about and proves the exact opposite of what you are claiming/insinuating as it originated with 3abn:

" 1. Three Angels agrees to pay Linda Shelton, within seven days of the signing of this document by both parties, the sum of $45,000. Three Angels agrees to transfer to Linda the rights, including the masters, to the five musical CD projects that she has had a primary role in (two solo projects and three duet projects with Danny and Linda) and the eight musical songs on video from the I Think About Grace album. "
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:25:53 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 05:51:02 AM »

A person who has read 3ABN Defender's posts and who knows the 3ABN story from the beginning sent me the following:

Hi Johann,

This person DOES NOT at all know the 3ABN history.  There is alot of error here...dont know that it matters at this point.  It has all been said and re-said.  I would insist that this person explain "she has a more recent history..."  All of this ambiguous "we know what she´s done but it´s too awful to say" stuff is getting old.  Yes, if the truth isn't bad enough then they feel "called" to color it up a bit.

Blessings to you,

x x x

:help:

May I just add here that you are doing a wonderful job of adding more unsupported claims to this discussion, while loyally preserving the anonymity of "A person who has read 3ABN Defender's posts and who knows the 3ABN story from the beginning" , and helping that person "who has read 3ABN Defender's posts and who knows the 3ABN story from the beginning" maintain that they do not read or comment or contribute to the internet discussions, Johann...   :thumbsup:

Johann

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »

A person who has read 3ABN Defender's posts and who knows the 3ABN story from the beginning sent me the following:

Hi Johann,

This person DOES NOT at all know the 3ABN history.  There is alot of error here...dont know that it matters at this point.  It has all been said and re-said.  I would insist that this person explain "she has a more recent history..."  All of this ambiguous "we know what she´s done but it´s too awful to say" stuff is getting old.  Yes, if the truth isn't bad enough then they feel "called" to color it up a bit.

Blessings to you,

x x x

:help:

May I just add here that you are doing a wonderful job of adding more unsupported claims to this discussion, while loyally preserving the anonymity of "A person who has read 3ABN Defender's posts and who knows the 3ABN story from the beginning" , and helping that person "who has read 3ABN Defender's posts and who knows the 3ABN story from the beginning" maintain that they do not read or comment or contribute to the internet discussions, Johann...   :thumbsup:

Let's have your identity - and then we can talk. Yes, you do not have to reveal who you are, but you are an anonymous person here and dislike that I permit others not to reveal their identity.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:06:26 AM by Johann »

Johann

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 07:59:54 AM »

Johann, I know you want to help and defend her, but these kind of claims are not helpful imo. You were not there, and I don't care what she or Mundall or whoever told you that is NOT true. The first clause of the separation agreement between 3abn and Linda Shelton which was signed by both parties on June 4, 2004 concerns exactly what you are talking about and proves the exact opposite of what you are claiming/insinuating as it originated with 3abn:

" 1. Three Angels agrees to pay Linda Shelton, within seven days of the signing of this document by both parties, the sum of $45,000. Three Angels agrees to transfer to Linda the rights, including the masters, to the five musical CD projects that she has had a primary role in (two solo projects and three duet projects with Danny and Linda) and the eight musical songs on video from the I Think About Grace album. "

The documents do not tell the whole story. Were you there?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 11:40:06 AM »

And little grasshopper you should have learned by now that you just opened up this discussion for more of what you don't want to hear with your reply here, because unless you have been hiding in a hole for the last 5 years you should also know that Linda's friends were first and foremost in all the negative talk and publicity against 3abn on the internet ....

Who said?

Danny Shelton? He has no credibility.

Show your evidence.

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN to air Danny's Story
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 03:34:04 PM »

Bob,

3D doesn't have a clue who started this mess!  It surely wasn't Linda!  Hum, I was there in the beginning and had no clue about Linda or Danny.  All I started yelling about was $ 2.4 million in Trust funds just not posted in 2000.  Then in 2001 there were $ 1.7 million that were not posted!  Then there were the disappearing sales on eBay from 1998-2002.  Tammy took over in 2002.  Then there was Tammy selling 3ABN property on her eBay store, yes folks, she did have a store.  Then there is Nan_Don who has all the feedback for those sales.

I wonder if Danny will explain all these things to the "Lost and Dying World". 

I don't have Hope TV.  I only get 3ABN.  Danny on the screen makes me nauseous.  However, I will suffer to see the up coming program.  Do you think they will give him the boot like they did Tommy?  Oops, Tommy was on for the Shelton family Christmas sing along!  Tommy had a triple bypass heart surgery.  He is all well now!   Maybe they will bring him back.  I can't watch the kids singing because Brenda is on there!  Can't stand watching her either!

Has anyone noticed how much younger everyone looks?  Face lifts?  Probably.  Too bad they did not include the necks and hands.  Another way to fool the people watching.  This year has not been a productive year.  I check the dates of all air times of anything on.  Reruns have taken over.  We got Christmas programs from yesteryear!  I saw a very young Katina La-Forge (sp?)  as well as a few others.  I am losing interest fast!

So Mr. 3D, Leave your accusations to yourself or I will have to re-post chapter and verse as proof of Danny's bad deeds!  Danny and Walt started all this internet stuff, by the way.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 08:28:56 PM »

Good point, Fran. It was Danny's verbal vomit on the internet that really rubbed people wrong. I recall that Danny was the one who convinced Gregory that something was awry. And Danny's tirades sure convinced me, and I wasn't a Linda supporter.

Hal Steenson convinced me too that something wasn't right.

And John Lomacang and Shelley Quinn did too.

Johann

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 08:53:40 AM »

I suppose the program is coming tonight?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up