Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions I wish I could ask Danny Shelton on CA  (Read 293283 times)

SDAminister

Re: Questions I wish I could ask Danny Shelton on CA
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2008, 06:59:05 AM »

Well unfortunately Johann, alleged victims do need to be questioned in order to get anything accomplished or resolved, that is simply the way the system works... There were, and remain, too many unanswered questions.

Well unfortunately Ian, alleged victims (i.e. the Plaintiffs in this case--Danny and his Board) do need to be questioned in order to get anything accomplished or resolved, that is simply the way the system works... There were, and remain, too many unanswered questions.

Affidavits do need to be filed and taken under oath with the police or an authorized party, and that is not the end of a case.
So, shall we start with sworn statements in an open deposition by Danny, John Lomacang, Walt Thompson, Dwight Hall and Mollie Steenson?
( If a notarized statement is all it took, then a notarized statement from a liscensed PI about Linda and her Dr friend would resolve all for you, right?)
Ian, if a notarized statement is all it took, then a notarized statement from a licensed PI from Danny and his Board would resolve all for you, right?

Reports/complaints do need to be made whether it be to the police, an employer or the individual's church, so that the allegations can be looked into, all parties questioned etc, and that does need to be done by the alleged victim unless they are a minor, which she was not.

It's amazing how much we think alike, Ian! Reports/complaints do need to be made whether it be to the police, an employer or the individual's church, so that the allegations can be looked into, all parties questioned etc, and that does need to be done by the alleged victim in this case (Danny/3ABN) unless they are minors, which they are not.

Instead of letting her talk to the 3abn board who could do something, you decided that would hurt her, and it would be better to let the world talk about her....
Yep. Instead of letting Bob and Gailon talk to the 3ABN board, they decided that would hurt them, and it would be better to just sue them in court, hoping they would run away and hide.
and what has that accomplished for her? How has that helped her? How have you put her and her well being first by doing that, or helped her?
and what has that accomplished for them? How has that helped 3ABN? How have they put God's work first by doing that, or helped Him?

On the other hand you have a bunch of people believing evil of DS, and yet since none of you have ever followed the proper channels to report it so that the truth can be established, there is no justice, just ugly allegations to spew and gossip about and pretend you all want to see taken care of, while actually prevent truth fro being known

It's amazing how much we think alike. On the other hand you have a bunch of people believing evil of Bob and Gailon, and yet since none of you have ever followed the proper channels to report it so that the truth can be established, there is no justice, just ugly allegations to spew and gossip about and pretend you all want to see taken care of, while actually prevent truth from being known.

So, you have reason to be proud of, and continue your work, right?
So Ian, you have reason to be ashamed of, and to end your charade, right?

I feel bad for her and DS both, this will stay with both for a very long time...
But I feel worse for Bob and Gailon both, this will stay with them even longer...

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2008, 07:06:22 AM »

Hey, Bob, what judge was it that saw through them like the glass wall they were? He summed it up just beautifully, much to their chagrin, and they dismissed the very next day!!!

The Honorable Magistrate Judge Philip Frazier.

And I don't know how much money you guys, Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle -- my goodness, you know, somebody is helping you out with this financially because, you know, this is, I mean this is like David and Goliath only David doesn't even have a rock for his sling in terms of fighting this thing out.

You know, I kind of think Three Angels probably should have thought this through a little bit. My guess is that Three Angels probably thought that these guys had probably backed down pretty quick when this defamation lawsuit was filed. And that I understand that organizations like Three Angels operate a lot of their fiscal viability -- not physical, Jane. It's fiscal, F-I-S-C-A-L -- depends upon regular contributions from people who are frequent listeners and watchers, and these kinds of little nasty bits such as of the revelation involving Mr. Shelton's brother tend to or any impropriety on behalf of Mr. Shelton himself would probably tend to erode some of those. And so a nice public way of refuting those statements is by filing a defamation action, and, you know, saying it ain't so, Joe.

But the problem is, is now Three Angels has opened up a very large can of worms here. And it's a very large can of worms. And there are a lot of different ways that financial impropriety could be disguised by clever bookkeeping. There are a lot of -- I'm not saying that that's happened here. Don't anybody get all flustered. I'm just saying that, you know, at this stage of the proceedings, we have to presume that anything is possible. Anything is provable. And there are a number of other transactions, changes in accounting methods, any number of these that might be relevant to prove that on a particular day that something happened.

THE COURT: Let me ask you a question here. Would it be relevant or at least interesting to you if you were on the other side of this case, Mr. Simpson, if it turns out that the documents that the accountant has are different from the documents that actually exist or maintained by Three Angels Broadcasting, that perhaps if Three Angels Broadcasting was selective about the documents they turn over to their accountants?

MR. SIMPSON: If it related -- well, how is that -- I would certainly want the information for the reasons that you said. I'd be hoping that there was some discrepancies, in particular, that I didn't know about. I would like to find some more ammunition to justify the wholesale assault on 3ABN that we've seen. That would make it -- it doesn't make it relevant to the issues of -- that the defamatory statements that they have made, they have something in mind. They had some information about certain transactions, and he's told you about some of them. And they're entitled to discovery on those issues, but they're not entitled to get every scrap of paper to see if there's something else they are looking for.

THE COURT: Mr. Shelton, though -- here's the problem. Mr. Shelton is not some disgruntled clerk who is stealing out of the small, you know, cubby that may be relegated to a particular file clerk or something. You know, Mr. Shelton has access to the whole piggy bank. And I'm not saying, obviously, that he is or was doing anything, but what I'm saying is that if a person who has access to everything were to be using it for private gain, then it is not unreasonable to believe that perhaps other instances might exist where the corporate entity was used improperly for private gain, and that would tend to, even if it had nothing to do.

Let's just say for argument sake that further investigation into this were to disclose that on a different date in a different year that Mr. Shelton stole a hundred thousand dollars from Three Angels Broadcasting using a completely different means than -- that would be relevant to the defamation action now, wouldn't it?

MR. SIMPSON: Let me say first there's been no allegation that anything --

THE COURT: No. No. No. No. You don't need to go into. We don't need a spin on this. I'm just saying and I would have no idea. Hopefully, it doesn't exist, but if it did, wouldn't that be some relevant information to put out in front of a fact finder at a trial?

Cherry picking again.. to present a warped view.

Additional edit by Snoopy to remove reference to link

(edited to remove link)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:20:40 AM by Snoopy »

CRYSTAL

« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2008, 07:52:14 AM »

Any SDA pastor would be placed on an administrative leave if charges of inappropriate touching of an underage female were brought up, especially if there was an affidavit to back up those charges. Then the charges would be investigated and either affirmed or refuted. Usually an independent 3rd party would investigate.

Linda Shelton had charges of adultery brought against her and she was fired from 3ABN.

The charges brought against her have been clearly refuted. She has been exonerated of these allegations.

So why isn't Danny Shelton placed on leave and investigated?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2008, 07:57:07 AM »

And what was taken out of context? Specifically, what was not accurate in what I quoted?

Edited to remove inappropriate reference in quoted post.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:21:44 AM by Snoopy »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2008, 07:58:26 AM »

Any SDA pastor would be placed on an administrative leave if charges of inappropriate touching of an underage female were brought up, especially if there was an affidavit to back up those charges. Then the charges would be investigated and either affirmed or refuted. Usually an independent 3rd party would investigate.

Linda Shelton had charges of adultery brought against her and she was fired from 3ABN.

The charges brought against her have been clearly refuted. She has been exonerated of these allegations.

So why isn't Danny Shelton placed on leave and investigated?

You are correct. Something is wrong. Linda gets the boot, but Danny, Tommy, and Melody don't over similar or worse allegations. It doesn't make any sense.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2008, 08:24:43 AM »

(edited to remove link)

« Last Edit: Today at 09:01:49 AM by sonshineonme »

??? :scratch:

Advent Talk > Issues & Concerns Category > 3ABN (Moderators: Chrissie, Artiste, Snoopy, Emma) > Questions I wish I could ask Danny Shelton on CA

Edited to remove inappropriate reference in quoted post.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:22:55 AM by Snoopy »

Johann

« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2008, 08:34:21 AM »

It is obvious that you are not a prime witness, or you would not have made this statement, Ian.

It so happened that a prominent leader in the General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church phoned me on behalf of the Chairman of the Board of 3ABN, stating that the accusation of Linda's daughter was very serious if it was true. He presented to me the suggestion of 3ABN to question the girl to find out if her allegations really happened the way she had presented it in her written report.

We discussed  it back and forth. It appeared to me that the way the girl was supposed to be questioned would not assure her neutrality. We came to the conclusion that since the girl had signed her written statement before a notary public, and that she had mailed it to a Conference President, no other discussion should be necessary. I was told her statement was sent on to the President of the Illinois Conference. What else happened, I do not know.  Neither do I know that anyone one else was asked about questioning Linda's daughter, nor do I know that anyone asked her about it.

A counselor told me it would have been a cruel method of treating the girl if she had to go through the questioning as 3ABN suggested. Is this what you wanted?

Well unfortunately Johann, alleged victims do need to be questioned in order to get anything accomplished or resolved, that is simply the way the system works... There were, and remain, too many unanswered questions.

Affidavits do need to be filed and taken under oath with the police or an authorized party, and that is not the end of a case.

( If a notarized statement is all it took, then a notarized statement from a liscensed PI about Linda and her Dr friend would resolve all for you, right?)

Reports/complaints do need to be made whether it be to the police, an employer or the individual's church, so that the allegations can be looked into, all parties questioned etc, and that does need to be done by the alleged victim unless they are a minor, which she was not.

That is if the idea is to seek justice and resolve all.

As I said, none of that was done, instead a statement was sent out to those who could do nothing, and it was publicized expressly in contradiction to her alleged wishes as she is alleged to have said she did not want to pursue it and did not want it made public. Or at least Linda said that for her... Many think Linda wrote that statement herself btw, and it seems she has told quite a few Barbara Kerr was behind it, but since it has not been properly reported those questions, along wih others will remain unanswered

BUT in direct contradiction to her "reported" wish to keep it private and not pursue it (other than to mail it out to all kinds of unrelated parties, and uninvolved conference officials) you and WB, etc then brought it up time and again on the internet and made her fodder for the masses.

Instead of letting her talk to the 3abn board who could do something, you decided that would hurt her, and it would be better to let the world talk about her....

and what has that accomplished for her? How has that helped her? How have you put her and her well being first by doing that, or helped her?

On the other hand you have a bunch of people believing evil of DS, and yet since none of you have ever followed the proper channels to report it so that the truth can be established, there is no justice, just ugly allegations to spew and gossip about and pretend you all want to see taken care of, while actually preventing that from happening

So,I guess you have accomplished your goal, and it's alright to disregard her wishes and throw her under the bus..

So, you have reason to be proud of, and continue your work, right?

I feel bad for her and DS both, this will stay with both for a very long time...

That's all I have to say in answer to your question Johann.

..ian

Ian, have you forgotten the allegations that Linda Shelton's daughter made against Danny Shleton?

No, nor have I forgotten that they weren't made to the police, his church or 3abn, and that when the chairman of the 3abn board wanted to talk to her about it, so they could investigate it they were prevented from doing so, as you were all against that plan, Your modus operandi being go tell it to others and cause them to believe evil with you, rather than taking it to those who can actually do something about it..

Ian, are you trying to force some rules invented by a SDA cult on the SDA church? If those rules you list here  are in force, why were they not applied to Linda? Here it was Danny Shelton who made the accusations. Why was he not questioned the way 3ABN wanted Linda's daughter to be questioned? Why invent rules that only favor one party?

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2008, 09:09:58 AM »

Quote from: Johann

Ian, are you trying to force some rules invented by a SDA cult on the SDA church? If those rules you list here  are in force, why were they not applied to Linda? Here it was Danny Shelton who made the accusations. Why was he not questioned the way 3ABN wanted Linda's daughter to be questioned? Why invent rules that only favor one party?

They were applied.

Who are you trying to fool with this junk?

Play your games and plant your labels without me, Johann. 

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:13:50 AM by Ian »

Johann

« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2008, 09:36:48 AM »

Quote from: Johann

They were applied.

Who are you trying to fool with this junk?

Play your games and plant your labels without me, Johann. 

You use very "kind" words for the opinion of others!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2008, 10:53:06 AM »

Johann and I think SDAminister, you've brought up an excellent point.

Elder Denslow did tell me that Alyssa was invited to talk with them, but I've never heard yet anyone say that Roger Clem, Brad Dunning, Duane Clem, Glenn Dryden, or any of the others were invited to talk with them.

And they certainly refused to talk to us. When I called Walt in February or so in 2007, he told me that we were going about this the wrong way. We should have talked to them. Okay, can we? No, it's too late.

When I told Gailon what he had said, Gailon said something like it has always been too late. And of course that is true. As a board they've never wanted to talk to us and hear our concerns. Cover up is fine, but actually dealing with issues, no that is unacceptable.

It's a disgrace.

I wonder what Danny thinks about the governor of IL. Should he step down or not? Caught red-handed. Now if Danny is consistent, he might advise the governor to sue Lisa Madigan and the U.S. attorney and the newspaper for defamation and intentional interference with prospective economic business advantage.

Can you imagine how much money the governor is going to lose if they don't allow him to sell that senate seat? He's not even devouring widows' houses to do it, to my knowledge.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »

I asked Larry Ewing several times to be allowed to meet with the Board of Directors to share some of my concerns with them.  I thought they would be happy for some free consulting.  When I first sent my resume to Larry Ewing offering to volunteer, he commented that 3ABN had never had anyone in their organization with the accounting experience and credentials I had.  However, I was never allowed access to the Board.

Johann and I think SDAminister, you've brought up an excellent point.

Elder Denslow did tell me that Alyssa was invited to talk with them, but I've never heard yet anyone say that Roger Clem, Brad Dunning, Duane Clem, Glenn Dryden, or any of the others were invited to talk with them.

And they certainly refused to talk to us. When I called Walt in February or so in 2007, he told me that we were going about this the wrong way. We should have talked to them. Okay, can we? No, it's too late.

When I told Gailon what he had said, Gailon said something like it has always been too late. And of course that is true. As a board they've never wanted to talk to us and hear our concerns. Cover up is fine, but actually dealing with issues, no that is unacceptable.

It's a disgrace.

I wonder what Danny thinks about the governor of IL. Should he step down or not? Caught red-handed. Now if Danny is consistent, he might advise the governor to sue Lisa Madigan and the U.S. attorney and the newspaper for defamation and intentional interference with prospective economic business advantage.

Can you imagine how much money the governor is going to lose if they don't allow him to sell that senate seat? He's not even devouring widows' houses to do it, to my knowledge.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »

I guess donors should beware of an organization that doesn't want help bringing its accounting practices into line with GAAP.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2008, 04:37:02 PM »

Exactly!

I guess donors should beware of an organization that doesn't want help bringing its accounting practices into line with GAAP.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »

Nope. Not only Walt Thompson, but NO ONE from 3ABN has ever contacted me to get my side of the story. The only contact with me ever attempted was two calls from a member of the Shelton family when it became apparent I was going to go public. I didn't answer either call.

Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

CRYSTAL

« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2008, 10:32:47 PM »

An affidavit has been filed with a notary public accusing the president of 3ABN of unwanted, inappropriate touching of a minor female. Why doesn't the Board of Directors at 3ABN take action on these accusations to find out if they are truthful by summoning an independent 3rd party to investigate the alleged incident? A statute of limitations has certainly not expired.

The Board of Directors appears to be satisfied with just letting the accused in this case dismiss himself by declaring his accuser of being a liar.

Is anyone, including the BOD, being coerced in this situation?

Are there other accusers?

Are there other females who have experienced a similar situation with this person?

Are 3ABN employees instructed not to mention these events?

Are there any former 3ABN employees who could shed some light about such events?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38   Go Up