Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions I wish I could ask Danny Shelton on CA  (Read 293308 times)

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
Re: Questions I wish I could ask Danny Shelton on CA
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2008, 05:31:15 AM »

Nope. Not only Walt Thompson, but NO ONE from 3ABN has ever contacted me to get my side of the story. The only contact with me ever attempted was two calls from a member of the Shelton family when it became apparent I was going to go public. I didn't answer either call.

But Duane, how can people contact you when you won't answer the phone? and how can this be? No one from 3abn contacted you? But you emaile Tommy Shelton yourself, didn't you? and he contacted you back, and again apologized and explained why you two couldn't be alone together anymore, and offered to help you in any way other than that, along with his wife and you wrote him back and said there was nothing to apologize for, and he had never hurt you and saying you didn't need help nor counseling, as he had needed and undergone, right?

So, with the letters you wrote how is it possible they could they not already have your side of the story?

???

I don't get it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:34:33 AM by Ian »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2008, 05:51:48 AM »

I don't get it.

Cindy, I don't believe you. I think you just lied.

You have claimed to be conservative, and you don't get why 3ABN should contact a man whom Tommy allegedly spoke and did unspeakable things to?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:05:47 AM by Bob Pickle »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2008, 05:55:04 AM »

An affidavit has been filed with a notary public accusing the president of 3ABN of unwanted, inappropriate touching of a minor female.

I believe the notarized statement in question was not about someone who was a minor at the time.

That fact doesn't excuse Danny of anything.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2008, 06:09:45 AM »

I don't get it.

Cindy, I don't believe you. I think you just lied.

You have claimed to be conservative, and you don't get why 3ABN shouldn't contact a man whom Tommy allegedly spoke and did unspeakable things to?

Oh give me a break, Bob.

Duane has written out his statement, he has written letters to Tommy about all this already, and he won't even talk to anybody there, How many times was he asked to on BSDA by appletree and myself and others, I even invited him to a meal at the 3abn campmeeting, and he refuses, and as he just posted he won't even answer the phone when called.

And "unspeakable"? puleez

You speak of the allegations against TS and every other sexual thing you can find or dream up about anyone and everyone related to or at 3abn, over and over and over... to the extent that some now believe you may have some hangups and are obsessed...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:22:25 AM by Ian »

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2008, 06:26:42 AM »

An affidavit has been filed with a notary public accusing the president of 3ABN of unwanted, inappropriate touching of a minor female.

I believe the notarized statement in question was not about someone who was a minor at the time.

That fact doesn't excuse Danny of anything.

Nor does it make him guilty. Thanks for the clarification tho, it was indeed a statement but was not from a minor, nor was it "filed". It is my understanding that after it was mailed out to a bunch of unrelated and uninvolved individuals, Linda Shelton said that she didn't want to pursue anything and did not want anything made public.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:30:35 AM by Ian »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2008, 06:44:49 AM »

But Duane, how can people contact you when you won't answer the phone? and how can this be? No one from 3abn contacted you? But you emaile Tommy Shelton yourself, didn't you? and he contacted you back, and again apologized and explained why you two couldn't be alone together anymore, and offered to help you in any way other than that, along with his wife and you wrote him back and said there was nothing to apologize for, and he had never hurt you and saying you didn't need help nor counseling, as he had needed and undergone, right?

So, with the letters you wrote how is it possible they could they not already have your side of the story?

???

I don't get it.
You are SO predictable. I PURPOSELY made sure I said I didn't answer the phone because I knew you would respond this way.

I said a member of the Shelton family tried to contact me, NOT someone from 3ABN. Carol, Tommy's wife, left a voicemail on my cell phone the morning before I released my statement asking me to give her a call. She tried to call me again that evening but didn't leave a message. I didn't return the calls because I knew she was just going to try to lay a huge guilt trip on me. She did the exact same thing to my brother. Once my statement was released she never tried to call again.

I say again, NO ONE from 3ABN has contacted me or attempted to contact me to get my side of the story. Walt Thompson can say all he wants that he thinks it would have been inappropriate, but the real reason is that he is just another one of Danny's dime-a-dozen yes people. Either that, or maybe he just isn't man enough.

As far as the emails between Tommy and I, I no longer have a copy of what I sent. I have told you that before. I probably did say the things Tommy has told you I said. You have said before you are a victim of abuse, correct? If so, you should know what it's like to be in denial. That's where I still was when I wrote those emails. It has taken a long time to admit to myself that my pastor, the man whose preaching and teaching I sat under for basically my whole life, the man I TRUSTED, took advantage of me the the way he did.

3ABN doesn't have my side of the story because they have never contacted me, bottom line. The letters you are talking about were between Tommy and myself. They were not to 3ABN. If you say it's OK for Tommy to use those in his defense, I have NUMEROUS hand written and signed letters from Tommy from throughout the years that will CLEARLY show his manipulative demeanor. Some of these were written before I was 18. Are you sure you want to go there?

I eagerly await your response.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2008, 07:09:20 AM »

???

I don't get it.
You are SO predictable. I PURPOSELY made sure I said I didn't answer the phone because I knew you would respond this way.

I said a member of the Shelton family tried to contact me, NOT someone from 3ABN. Carol, Tommy's wife, left a voicemail on my cell phone the morning before I released my statement asking me to give her a call. She tried to call me again that evening but didn't leave a message. I didn't return the calls because I knew she was just going to try to lay a huge guilt trip on me. She did the exact same thing to my brother. Once my statement was released she never tried to call again.

I say again, NO ONE from 3ABN has contacted me or attempted to contact me to get my side of the story. Walt Thompson can say all he wants that he thinks it would have been inappropriate, but the real reason is that he is just another one of Danny's dime-a-dozen yes people. Either that, or maybe he just isn't man enough.

As far as the emails between Tommy and I, I no longer have a copy of what I sent. I have told you that before. I probably did say the things Tommy has told you I said. You have said before you are a victim of abuse, correct? If so, you should know what it's like to be in denial. That's where I still was when I wrote those emails. It has taken a long time to admit to myself that my pastor, the man whose preaching and teaching I sat under for basically my whole life, the man I TRUSTED, took advantage of me the the way he did.

3ABN doesn't have my side of the story because they have never contacted me, bottom line. The letters you are talking about were between Tommy and myself. They were not to 3ABN. If you say it's OK for Tommy to use those in his defense, I have NUMEROUS hand written and signed letters from Tommy from throughout the years that will CLEARLY show his manipulative demeanor. Some of these were written before I was 18. Are you sure you want to go there?

I eagerly await your response.

Duane,

" You purposely didn't answer the phone because you knew I would respond this way"? I am sorry, I have a little problem accepting that one, but moving on..

I guess you no longer believe appletree was from 3abn and speaking from that perspective so that doesn't count either..   regardless, you and I both know I have been asking you for the longest time to go talk to Danny, to go talk to 3abn. It's nice how you saved all Tommy's letters but not your own, so please take them with you when you go. This all certainly need to be discussed and resolved between you and Tommy and those at 3abn, instead of rehashed and fought over on the internet by those who can not resolve anything.

Let me know how it all works out please.

With blessing and prayers,
..ian

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:13:53 AM by Ian »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2008, 07:13:32 AM »

Dude, I guess you no longer believe appletree was from 3abn and speaking from that perspective so that doesn't count either..  but regardless, you and I both know I have been asking you for the longest time to go talk to Danny, to go talk to 3abn. It's nice how you saved all Tommy's letters but not your own, so please take them with you when you go. This all certainly need to be discussed and resolved instead of rehashed and fought over on the internet by those who can not resolve anything.

Let me know how it all works out please.

blessings,
..ian

Then why do you keep sticking your nose in it? If you don't want my answers, don't ask me questions.

BTW, didn't you say you were leaving......again?

P.S. Just noticed your edit. You TOTALLY misquoted me. Reread please.
Duane Clem

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2008, 07:21:38 AM »

Then why do you keep sticking your nose in it? If you don't want my answers, don't ask me questions.

I'm sorry about my edit, I didn't realize you were already replying, I thought it might be offensive to you to have me call you Dude, even though I didn't mean it that way, and that I should be clearer about what I was trying to say.

And now that I looked at what you were actually saying, I see that you purposely posted that to get a response from me? So I misunderstood.

Which brings me to why I keep "sticking my nose in it." -- I was replying to your post, and I did want your answers, and I also want this resolved.

I still hope and pray you go attempt to talk with those who can help.

Now I am leaving again, but am sure I will be back sooner or later...

..ian
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:25:23 AM by Ian »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2008, 07:30:36 AM »

I'm sorry about my edit, I didn't realize you were already replying, I thought it might be offensive to you to have me call you Dude, even though I didn't mean it that way, and that I should be clearer about what I was trying to say.

And now that I looked at what you were actually saying, I see that you purposely posted that to get a response from me? So I misunderstood.

Regardless I still hope and pray you go attempt to talk with those who can help.

..ian
But, Cindy, here's what you don't understand. Danny doesn't WANT to help. All he wants is for this to go away. The same goes for Tommy. I have known the Sheltons for years. This is how they operate.

If I thought for one minute that there was a chance this could be resolved, I'd be willing to go talk to them. The way it is now, however, I would be walking into a mine field. I'm NOT putting myself in that position. I'm not the one who created this mess in the first place. It's not my place to initiate contact.
Duane Clem

Johann

« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2008, 09:10:58 AM »

It is my understanding that after it was mailed out to a bunch of unrelated and uninvolved individuals, Linda Shelton said that she didn't want to pursue anything and did not want anything made public.
It would be interesting to find out how you have spun your way to those understandings. Or is it someone else who is doing the spinning for you? Someone who doesn't mind some false statements made to cover up his evil actions? Do you think Linda would agree to what you are saying about her? Unless you can document what you have said your words are a blatant spin to give a false impression.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2008, 09:39:02 AM »

It is my understanding that after it was mailed out to a bunch of unrelated and uninvolved individuals, Linda Shelton said that she didn't want to pursue anything and did not want anything made public.
It would be interesting to find out how you have spun your way to those understandings. Or is it someone else who is doing the spinning for you? Someone who doesn't mind some false statements made to cover up his evil actions? Do you think Linda would agree to what you are saying about her? Unless you can document what you have said your words are a blatant spin to give a false impression.

This is the topic  "questions I would ask....", well, maybe Ian asked him (or "them"), or maybe someone else asked and told Ian what happened, so now Ian knows just what happened. What you don't see Ian is that you are being used as a tool, and you are just bright enough to think you are too smart to be used. I think you are being used, and it shows by the things you say and the way you continue to spin and support something that just isn't so, just not the way you wish it was. In my opinion, you are being manipulated. When you can go so far as to think YOU know what and how things happened with Tommy Shelton and all those boys/men, or with Alyssa and her sworn statement, honestly you have no right to say anything about these things and others, these things you have no clue to know about. You only cause more pain by your constant denial of what others who were there say.  Is that what you are really out to do?

"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2008, 10:25:12 AM »

It would sure be nice, Ian, if you were as interested in resolving the garbage and untruths you allow at you own site as you seem to be about Duane's situation...    :dunno:

Which brings me to why I keep "sticking my nose in it." -- I was replying to your post, and I did want your answers, and I also want this resolved.

I still hope and pray you go attempt to talk with those who can help.

Now I am leaving again, but am sure I will be back sooner or later...

..ian

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2008, 11:54:54 AM »

Just so the facts are clear, this is an answer from Linda Shelton to an email I sent to her to advise her that her daughter's letter had been posted again.  It is only the beginning of  her email to me because she specified that that balance was private to me:

----- Original Message -----
To: ***Me***
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 10:08 AM
Subject: RE: AM's Letter

Hi *******,

Thanks for writing.  Johann called me earlier and told me Alyssa's letter has been revived.  Her letter was NEVER intended for public viewing.  She wrote it for the purpose of church authorities getting this message only.

Back on July 5, 2007, as I drove her around sight seeing, Linda Shelton offered to answer any questions I might have.  We discussed many things over those hours, including the posting of her daughter's letter.  She confirmed that her daughter was furious that it had been made public and also that her daughter has no plans to pursue charges against Danny or use her experience in any way.  This part of the discussion was not among the things that she stated were confidential.  Her feelings about who posted the letter and why it was posted, as well as just how she felt about the person who posted it, were among the things that she asked me not to share with others.

With Linda's daughter's letter being exploited, yet again, I shared with Ian what Linda had openly shared with me.  She did not get this particular information from "Someone who doesn't mind some false statements made to cover up his evil actions?".  I provided it during an off-forum discussion about how this type of exploitation re-abuses alleged victims.

Those who continue to bring up Linda's daughter's letter to support their case against Danny Shelton are not respecting the wishes of this young woman.  They are potetially causing her further stress and pain for their own purposes and should be ashamed of using such tactics.  If they are truly concerned for her welfare, they will take their concerns to her privately.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2008, 12:38:09 PM »

Regardless I still hope and pray you go attempt to talk with those who can help.

..ian
But, Cindy, here's what you don't understand. Danny doesn't WANT to help. All he wants is for this to go away. The same goes for Tommy. I have known the Sheltons for years. This is how they operate.

If I thought for one minute that there was a chance this could be resolved, I'd be willing to go talk to them. The way it is now, however, I would be walking into a mine field. I'm NOT putting myself in that position. I'm not the one who created this mess in the first place. It's not my place to initiate contact.

Duane,

I have to admit that I was dismayed to see my friend Ian taking you to task this morning as was done quite a few times by several members over on BSDA.  As a victim of abuse myself, I have also experienced those who attempt to put the blame, even if just partially, on the abused.

I was so relieved to see your following response to Ian:

You have said before you are a victim of abuse, correct? If so, you should know what it's like to be in denial. That's where I still was when I wrote those emails. It has taken a long time to admit to myself that my pastor, the man whose preaching and teaching I sat under for basically my whole life, the man I TRUSTED, took advantage of me the the way he did.

When the evidence and the current understandings of the system of abuse strongly support that you were a victim of pastoral abuse, I would hope that members will cease personal attacts on you and focus on those things which are not clearly factual instead.

Now, I will go back to simply reading again.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38   Go Up