Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?  (Read 139445 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »

Well!

Reddogs, anyman, Ian, and Sam all teaming up to take Advent Talk over to the "dark side".

I wonder how many others will be crawling out of the woodwork!

I wondered how long it would be before more 'Danny-clones' would come out of the woodwork. There's been quite a number of people join in a very short time, I've noticed.  :dogwag:

I challenge everyone here to welcome the "Danny Clones" with open arms. They have souls to save as well and must be brought to see the light. To be as clear as possible, they need to be converted.

Every challenge needs to be met with direct responses clearly stating the evidence to support the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Just as the Tax case turns out to be full of evidence that has been ignored for years, our evidence continues to pile up and is ignored by Laodiceans everywhere.

People, hand them the eysalve that they may see...it is your Christian Duty!!! Take it seriously and answer their inquires logically and persuasively and with evidence when it  is needed. Nothing like evidence to bring one to conversion!!!

Remember, the world is watching and inquiring minds need to know the truth!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

anyman

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »

GAJoy said, 1) I would like the quote from EG White to support that short sighted tale!!! Mrs White wrote how many letters that have been published over the years to point out the sins of the church and specific individuals? Something we have unfortunately set aside. If we had done that in the Davenport Affair as we were suppose to do, we probably would have avoided a few more stewardship messes, including 3ABN and Danny Lee Shelton, (See Who Watches? Who Cares pgs 55 to 108 for documentation);

It sure seems that this Joy and Pickle guys are trying to subtly suggest they are the same as Ellen White. As if they concider themselves the same as someone who was a real prophet and called by God to do his work. That would seem like a dangerously bold thing to claim.

It is also weird that when they are presented with a question they do a lot of macho bragging and finger pointing. The Mr. Pickle guy also seems to go on and on about just one issue. It would make a reader wonder if he has some experiences in his past that cuased him pain and this is a way to deal with it.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2008, 09:01:58 PM »

Well!

Reddogs, anyman, Ian, and Sam all teaming up to take Advent Talk over to the "dark side".

I wonder how many others will be crawling out of the woodwork!

I wondered how long it would be before more 'Danny-clones' would come out of the woodwork. There's been quite a number of people join in a very short time, I've noticed.  :dogwag:

I challenge everyone here to welcome the "Danny Clones" with open arms. They have souls to save as well and must be brought to see the light. To be as clear as possible, they need to be converted.

Every challenge needs to be met with direct responses clearly stating the evidence to support the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Just as the Tax case turns out to be full of evidence that has been ignored for years, our evidence continues to pile up and is ignored by Laodiceans everywhere.

People, hand them the eysalve that they may see...it is your Christian Duty!!! Take it seriously and answer their inquires logically and persuasively and with evidence when it  is needed. Nothing like evidence to bring one to conversion!!!

Remember, the world is watching and inquiring minds need to know the truth!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Thank you for the reminder Gailon.

Yes. We need to welcome them here. However, I believe that we need to hold them accountable for their statements as we do of every other member of AT.

May they learn of Jesus and the value of TRUTH, while they are here.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »

Bob Pickle said - - - I got to talk with the former mayor of Thompsonville. He told me that after Mike Riva sent him that nasty letter, someone would bang on his house every night and wake him up.

so what, some one called you and said that the mayor down there might not like 3ABN and you just picked up the phone and called him and said Hey I don't like 3ABn have they done anything to you that you didn't like? And he shared that story with you, about a letter and someone banging on his house? Did he agree to give a signed affidavit to you so you can use it? maybe I 'll give him a call and see if he will tell me the same thing.

Now here is an intelligent response...call him and then be sure to post what he won't tell you until you go and visit, face to face across the table. By the way, it is illegal to record a conversation in the state of Illinois so you will need your shorthand, a notepad and pencil.

For the record, it is not the first or the last "intimidation tactic" utilized by the Shelton's to discourage dissent from what they wanted. Just ask Johann and a rather long list of other interviews I have conducted over the past eighteen months. Better yet, just ask employees such as HOTY, etc.

Yes, 3ABN is an example of Christian Broadcasting at its very intimidating best!!! Programming is generally pretty good, but the managment has been less than what we would have desired...but then the evidence is right there in Federal Court!!!

Now, out of curiosity, if this interview was done in a face to face conversation with the mayor and if a former director of 3ABN was there to witness the conversation, would that be enough verasity for you or are you just another blind man that cannot hear? Or would the copy of the Riva letter better serve your purposes? Just what will constitute proof for you...if anything?

By the way, much cheaper to get a flight to St Louis and rent a car to travel into Thompsonville, than it is to take the puddle jumper to tri-county.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Ozzie

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »

GAJoy said, 1) I would like the quote from EG White to support that short sighted tale!!! Mrs White wrote how many letters that have been published over the years to point out the sins of the church and specific individuals? Something we have unfortunately set aside. If we had done that in the Davenport Affair as we were suppose to do, we probably would have avoided a few more stewardship messes, including 3ABN and Danny Lee Shelton, (See Who Watches? Who Cares pgs 55 to 108 for documentation);

It sure seems that this Joy and Pickle guys are trying to subtly suggest they are the same as Ellen White. As if they concider themselves the same as someone who was a real prophet and called by God to do his work. That would seem like a dangerously bold thing to claim.

It is also weird that when they are presented with a question they do a lot of macho bragging and finger pointing. The Mr. Pickle guy also seems to go on and on about just one issue. It would make a reader wonder if he has some experiences in his past that cuased him pain and this is a way to deal with it.

Anyman, you sure have a vivid imagination. I have never seen the slightest inclination of any suggestion in relation to Gailon and Bob, in this way. I have seen hard-working, dedicated men, who have sacrificed much to reveal truth, so that 3abn can be cleansed and really do the work that God can use it for. It cannot be used for His honour and glory, while there is abuse and corruption in the camp.

As for the 'macho-bragging and finger pointing' you refer to, I don't see that.

But then, if Danny's watchman are so concerned about the outcome of this entire sickening saga, of course, we can expect to see piles of dirt and rubbish being served up as entree. I believe that the main course and dessert are yet to follow.  :oops:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »

Bob Pickle said - - - I got to talk with the former mayor of Thompsonville. He told me that after Mike Riva sent him that nasty letter, someone would bang on his house every night and wake him up.

so what, some one called you and said that the mayor down there might not like 3ABN and you just picked up the phone and called him and said Hey I don't like 3ABn have they done anything to you that you didn't like? And he shared that story with you, about a letter and someone banging on his house? Did he agree to give a signed affidavit to you so you can use it? maybe I 'll give him a call and see if he will tell me the same thing.

Now here is an intelligent response...call him and then be sure to post what he won't tell you until you go and visit, face to face across the table. By the way, it is illegal to record a conversation in the state of Illinois so you will need your shorthand, a notepad and pencil.

For the record, it is not the first or the last "intimidation tactic" utilized by the Shelton's to discourage dissent from what they wanted. Just ask Johann and a rather long list of other interviews I have conducted over the past eighteen months. Better yet, just ask employees such as HOTY, etc.

Yes, 3ABN is an example of Christian Broadcasting at its very intimidating best!!! Programming is generally pretty good, but the managment has been less than what we would have desired...but then the evidence is right there in Federal Court!!!

Now, out of curiosity, if this interview was done in a face to face conversation with the mayor and if a former director of 3ABN was there to witness the conversation, would that be enough verasity for you or are you just another blind man that cannot hear? Or would the copy of the Riva letter better serve your purposes? Just what will constitute proof for you...if anything?

By the way, much cheaper to get a flight to St Louis and rent a car to travel into Thompsonville, than it is to take the puddle jumper to tri-county.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Sounds like you and Bob are getting a lot of good documentation, Gailon!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Ozzie

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2008, 09:22:06 PM »

Sounds like you and Bob are getting a lot of good documentation, Gailon!

Their investigation and documentation skills appear to be extremely reliable and accurate IMO.  :purr:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2008, 09:22:22 PM »

Speaking of Allegations: and is this the kettle calling the pot black?

Well, ANYMAN, may I be so bold as to declare YOU, ANYMAN, are called to that same duty...does that make you the same as Mrs White?

IF you are a Seventh-day Adventist Christian, Matthew 18 makes your duty very clear, and I did not see any reference to the premise that this duty is limited to Ellen G. White or the Bible writers, did you?

And when will YOU, ANYMAN, be taking up this well defined Call??? Or will you negate it like most Laodiceans? Your choice, ANYMAN...perhaps you need to become a special man and take your call very seriously.

We clearly do...regardless of the cost.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2008, 09:23:02 PM »

But then, if Danny's watchman are so concerned about the outcome of this entire sickening saga, of course, we can expect to see piles of dirt and rubbish being served up as entree. I believe that the main course and dessert are yet to follow.

That's quite a word picture, Ozzie!

We may well still see that...unless the Dannyclones become converted, as Gailon suggests...  
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2008, 09:37:28 PM »

"Mr Pickle, will have his chance to defend himself and prove this in court, and much more.
I am content to wait for the judgment, the final judgment." Ian

As we will as well, and I suspect that you would not be surprised to see it go the same way as the Tax case...against 3ABN and Danny Lee Shelton.

But, Final Judgement are not final until they have "tolled the cost". And if the tax case is any indications, plan on another four years of appeals. Just remember, at some point you run out of even appeals and then you accept the Judgement on the Merits.

Tell me, Ian, what do you think 3ABN's Merits of the Federal Lawsuite are and could you tell us where the evidence is to support it? We just have not found it yet, but any help you could be
would be just profoundly appreciated.

Show me the evidence to support their case!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Habanero

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »

Sounds like the Word and reading it make some very comfortable in its use as a tool to sanctify evil and vilify good. The Pharisees loved the Word. They used it as a reason for getting rid of Jesus. As you well know, the Word and EGW are regularly used to prove any point that any person wishes to make giving it the weight of divine authority.

Sounds like the Word and reading it makes some uncomfortble which is a little strange considering this is a place is suppose to be where people who believe in it gather to talk. The pharasiess didn't like the Word either, made them uncomfortble.

Sam

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2008, 10:53:49 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

I'm sorry. Maybe you did not read all of Mr. Pickles posts and how his story changed each time he was questioned.  I'm afraid a child would question the different variations that were given.  It certainly makes one stop and think that if he could change a minute story that many times, what will he do with something bigger?

For those who like to name call. I take offense to being called a Dannyclone simply because I think Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy have been less than honest and ethical in their actions.  Obviously to your way of thinking, if you agree with Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy then you are PickledJoy clones?  I haven't read where those that share my opinion have resorted to name calling because you have a different opinion.  It is childish, false and unproductive to any discussion.

Sam

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »

I said he would answer my questions with more accusations and that is exactly what he did.  Looking at previous posts I see it is a pattern.

Habanero

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »

It is interesting to see persons who poses accusations as questions become gleefuly offended when accusations are returned. Yes, is would appear that a pattern is there.

I said he would answer my questions with more accusations and that is exactly what he did.  Looking at previous posts I see it is a pattern.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2008, 11:10:06 PM »

Perhaps you'd like to take care of the log in your own eye before you worry about the speck in mine.  If you're trying to preach Adventism to me here, don't bother...3ABN has already turned me off!!!

Sounds like the Word and reading it makes some uncomfortble which is a little strange considering this is a place is suppose to be where people who believe in it gather to talk. The pharasiess didn't like the Word either, made them uncomfortble.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up