Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?  (Read 139456 times)

Ozzie

Re: Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2008, 04:12:50 PM »

Ian,

The civil side is a such a pleasant side it is wonderful to see the real Ian we just knew had to be behind that facade of indifference toward such clear error.

Gailon Arthur Joy

:amen:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2008, 08:41:03 PM »

It sure seems that this Joy and Pickle guys are trying to subtly suggest they are the same as Ellen White.

No, that's Danny. He's let himself be called the Lord's anointed, declared beyond the reach of human correction, likened to Moses and John the Baptist, and never issued a correction or retraction for the heresy taught by at least one of those assertions.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2008, 08:44:38 PM »

Maybe you did not read all of Mr. Pickles posts and how his story changed each time he was questioned.

I never changed my story at all.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »

I would appreciate it if you could simply answer the following question. A simple "yes" or "no" will do.

Did the former mayor of Thompsonville personally (phone, personal letter, email, fax, face-to-face) tell you the story that you shared with us?

I explicitly stated that I had talked with him, and explicitly stated what he told me, and I stand by that.

When asked who told me about the mayor, I explicitly stated that Danny "told" me.

Then I explicitly stated where or how Danny "told" me.

Each of these three points are 100% true.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »

But I am clear of what scripture says about quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, malicious gossip, arrogance and disorder amoung Christians.

Super. Give Danny and 3ABN a call, and plead with them to follow biblical principles, to apologize to Glenn Dryden and the rest, to Linda Shelton, to Jean Fiscalini, to Duane Clem, to Alyssa Moore, to Gailon and myself, to Mable Dunbar, to Barbara Kerr, wherever wrongs have been done to these folks.

And plead with them to drop this stupid, frivolous lawsuit which was conceived as a way to retaliate against those who blew the whistle about Danny's abominable, ungodly, and reprehensible handling of the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations.

Really, how can 3ABN's pursuing of a lawsuit originally intended to defend an alleged pedophile bring glory to God?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2008, 08:57:36 PM »

It seems strange that you seem to be put out by someone preaching Adventism at a site that claims to be Adventist.

No one who defends or excuses the cover up of child molestation allegations is preaching Adventism.

I know we have some real liberals out there who come up with some wacky things, and such rank liberalism has tried to infiltrate conservative Adventism, but let's not disgrace our faith by equating the defense of vile sin as preaching Adventism.

Rather, let's do what we can to stem the tide of evil, and use our influence to bring us back to good old conservative, Adventist, family values.

reddogs

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2008, 03:47:09 AM »

But I am clear of what scripture says about quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, malicious gossip, arrogance and disorder amoung Christians.

Super. Give Danny and 3ABN a call, and plead with them to follow biblical principles, to apologize to Glenn Dryden and the rest, to Linda Shelton, to Jean Fiscalini, to Duane Clem, to Alyssa Moore, to Gailon and myself, to Mable Dunbar, to Barbara Kerr, wherever wrongs have been done to these folks.

And plead with them to drop this stupid, frivolous lawsuit which was conceived as a way to retaliate against those who blew the whistle about Danny's abominable, ungodly, and reprehensible handling of the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations.

Really, how can 3ABN's pursuing of a lawsuit originally intended to defend an alleged pedophile bring glory to God?

What you dont seem to realize is that none of this brings glory to God, the way everyone has acted is like what you see in a daytime soap opera. Evil has toppled what once was a Christian show, it is obvious that pride and arrogance has crept in and destroyed what once spread Gods truth and snuffed out what was a shinning light. Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, has now replaced what is being spread, with much suffering all around, many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil and need to turn to God and pray to be released from its grip. For He is a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and mercy, ready to listen to your prayer to cleanse and keep you from this evil, I can say this from experience.

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2008, 04:45:29 AM »

What you dont seem to realize is that none of this brings glory to God, the way everyone has acted is like what you see in a daytime soap opera. Evil has toppled what once was a Christian show, it is obvious that pride and arrogance has crept in and destroyed what once spread Gods truth and snuffed out what was a shinning light. Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, has now replaced what is being spread, with much suffering all around, many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil and need to turn to God and pray to be released from its grip. For He is a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and mercy, ready to listen to your prayer to cleanse and keep you from this evil, I can say this from experience.

Quite a judgement from one that has such an aversion to passing judgement,having an opinion or believing, there is actually wrongdoing that needs to be corrected.   "Thank God I am not as other men" comes to mind again".
Have you taken that 2x4 out of your own eye as yet? Who are the many here that are in the grasp of evil? Who is guilty of blasphemy? Can you direct us to the one or ones that are guilty of lasciviousness? I do not see any lustful, wanton, sensual behavior, would like to know?
These are not general statements, you have directed these comments to many here.Who is evil that has toppled this once christian show??

It is beginning to feel a whole lot like "Old Home WeeK" on adventtalk. Seems some would be more comfortable staying where there are not so mnay evil people,and lasciviousness conduct
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2008, 04:46:03 AM »

What you dont seem to realize is that none of this brings glory to God, the way everyone has acted is like what you see in a daytime soap opera. Evil has toppled what once was a Christian show, it is obvious that pride and arrogance has crept in and destroyed what once spread Gods truth and snuffed out what was a shinning light. Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, has now replaced what is being spread, with many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil and need to turn to God and pray to be released from its grip.much suffering all around,  

For He is a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and mercy, ready to listen to your prayer to cleanse and keep you from this evil, I can say this from experience.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Yes. Indeed God is a loving and forgiving God, but your statement that "many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil... need to turn to God..." sounds very much like a value judgement that you have made, that those who have and continue to work so hard to purge 3abn and the Church of such evil, is something you seem to suggest, should just be brushed under the carpet. Every one get on being lovely-dovey and pretend you don't see evil and everything goes on as before - with child molestation, diddling the books etc and everyone should just keep quiet and leave it to God to sort out?

Is that what you are inferring? If so, we're not talking about the same God, because I believe that He holds us all accountable to do what we can to stamp out that kind of behaviour and certainly not turn our backs on it and pretend it doesn't exist.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2008, 04:48:22 AM »

It is beginning to feel a whole lot like "Old Home WeeK" on adventtalk. Seems some would be more comfortable staying where there are not so mnay evil people,and lasciviousness conduct

I was thinking the same thing Bonnie, but you put it into words so much better than I. If AT is such an evil place, one would think these people would steer well clear of it.

reddogs

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2008, 05:04:40 AM »

What you dont seem to realize is that none of this brings glory to God, the way everyone has acted is like what you see in a daytime soap opera. Evil has toppled what once was a Christian show, it is obvious that pride and arrogance has crept in and destroyed what once spread Gods truth and snuffed out what was a shinning light. Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, has now replaced what is being spread, with many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil and need to turn to God and pray to be released from its grip.much suffering all around,  

For He is a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and mercy, ready to listen to your prayer to cleanse and keep you from this evil, I can say this from experience.

Yes. Indeed God is a loving and forgiving God, but your statement that "many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil... need to turn to God..." sounds very much like a value judgement that you have made, that those who have and continue to work so hard to purge 3abn and the Church of such evil, is something you seem to suggest, should just be brushed under the carpet. Every one get on being lovely-dovey and pretend you don't see evil and everything goes on as before - with child molestation, diddling the books etc and everyone should just keep quiet and leave it to God to sort out?

Is that what you are inferring? If so, we're not talking about the same God, because I believe that He holds us all accountable to do what we can to stamp out that kind of behaviour and certainly not turn our backs on it and pretend it doesn't exist.

I have not judged anyone, their own words give testament to the pain, suffering and anger that they are experiencing........
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:18:49 AM by reddogs »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2008, 05:15:41 AM »

I have not judge anyone, their own words give testament to the pain, suffering and anger that they are experiencing........

No, the followng is a value judgement you have passed. Unless the Lord has spoken directly to you "to point out sins"
and this time to forgo your oft repeated BIBLICAL advice to write all sins quietly in the sand.

In my past experience with you the only opinion that is a sin to hold is that someone other than you have an opinion of right and wrong. Unless of course we are sitting on the same level as you and have strong opinions against those that disagree with that.

You have failed to mention or respond to those here you consider guilty of blasphemy. I am pretty sure I understand that word, but would like you to explain if you wouldn't mind. Isn't to  blaspheme generally thought of to speak impiously  or irrevently of God or sacred things?
Can you explain further how that relates to DS and 3ABN. Quite a lofty level you attribute
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2008, 06:10:31 AM »

I have not judge anyone, their own words give testament to the pain, suffering and anger that they are experiencing........

No, the followng is a value judgement you have passed. Unless the Lord has spoken directly to you "to point out sins"
and this time to forgo your oft repeated BIBLICAL advice to write all sins quietly in the sand.

In my past experience with you the only opinion that is a sin to hold is that someone other than you have an opinion of right and wrong. Unless of course we are sitting on the same level as you and have strong opinions against those that disagree with that.

You have failed to mention or respond to those here you consider guilty of blasphemy. I am pretty sure I understand that word, but would like you to explain if you wouldn't mind. Isn't to  blaspheme generally thought of to speak impiously  or irrevently of God or sacred things?
Can you explain further how that relates to DS and 3ABN. Quite a lofty level you attribute

You have no experience with me, I have not come across you in any of the other forums, so I cannot say one way or the other about you or you about me. Focus on the issue here, it is about how Christians are reacting to sin, and spreading rumors, gossip and useless chatter which is definitely spoken against in scripture, that is all that I am sharing. As Christians we are commanded to love one another, not hate and anger which is from evil and we must let it go.........
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:20:31 AM by reddogs »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2008, 06:13:08 AM »

Question:  Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?

Answer in a nutshell: No.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2008, 06:26:36 AM »

You have no experience with me, I have not come across you in any of the other forums, so I cannot say one way or the other about you or you about me. Focus on the issue here, it is about how Christians are reacting to sin, and spreading rumors, gossip and useless chatter which is definitely spoken against in scripture, that is all that I am sharing. As Christians we are commanded to love, and hate and anger is from evil and we must let it go.........

Interesting. Perhaps you need to go back and re-read this topic. I did not say anything about other forums.
I did however ask you some questions that you refuse to answer. Questions that pertain to what you are accusing others of. 

You are placing the focus elsewhere, this was my focus..... Relates specifically to this topic. Blasphemy is a pretty serious charge or accusation and it was specific to members of advent talk as it relates to the DS/3ABN discussion

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up