Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN and Danny Shelton File Voluntary Motion to Dismiss Lawsuit  (Read 103630 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: 3ABN and Danny Shelton File Voluntary Motion to Dismiss Lawsuit
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2008, 02:20:41 PM »

Correct. If they can assert that something we say came from an alleged confidential document, Simpson will try to harass us, even if we got the same info or document from another source.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2008, 02:37:44 PM »

Isn't this one of the reasons why the dismissal of the lawsuit is being appealed?

childoftheking

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2008, 05:40:02 PM »

Bob, Since Simpson doesn't work for free, Is it safe to say that he is probably still getting paid to keep after you? In spite of the fact that the reason 3ABN says they have dropped the lawsuit is because according to them what you do or say suppsedly isn't affecting them much anymore.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »

I agree, childoftheking.  Simpson and company most certainly don't work for free, although Breezy Sam thinks that Bob and Gailon and I should!  You raise a great point about why 3ABN dropped the lawsuit, and one reason why I am so anxious to see the 2007 filing.

Bob, Since Simpson doesn't work for free, Is it safe to say that he is probably still getting paid to keep after you? In spite of the fact that the reason 3ABN says they have dropped the lawsuit is because according to them what you do or say suppsedly isn't affecting them much anymore.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2008, 06:21:23 PM »

Focus on the Family Cuts 200 Jobs

If Focus on the Family is hurting that badly, how can 3ABN's donation be back up to pre-controversy levels?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »

Ok so, you all know I was out of comission for a bit.........Now what happened?  The 3ABN lawyersare still contacting Bob and Gailon...for what reason?   Once again, somebody please explain to me why  the motion to dismiss the lawsuit if being appealed......by Bob and Gailon?  I am just asking, because, just a month or two ago there was a thread by Bob, saying the money used in the lawsuit could be put to better use by helping storm victims......I can't find that thread at this moment.......plus numerous bashings of Danny suing "within the "Household of Faith".  Now that the suit has been dropped.................you didn't really want it dropped all that time?  Just somebody put it in plain simple English for me...I am on meds right now.  Why would you want them to continue to sue you?  I am really just trying to understand.  This seems more complicated by the day.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

childoftheking

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »

Princess Di so glad you are doing better and are back. I don't think that Bob and Gailon mind the lawsuit being dropped but the way it was dropped they had to give back all the confidential evidence they had gotten. So The plaintiffs could destroy it and then sue them again at any time without the danger of that evidence being used. They don't want to have that threat hanging over their heads all the time. That seems to me to be the main thing they want changed. Plus they would like to be reimbursed for some of what they have had to spend to defend themselves.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2008, 08:03:57 PM »

Di, not 90 minutes had gone by before we got another threat, and then another one the next day. If the case had gone to trial, they would not be able to issue the threats that they did.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2008, 01:44:23 PM »

Thank you Daryl.  Sorry, you know I been on meds lately.

So Bob, Gailon, y'all didn't make copies?  LOL!!!   Ok so, you wanted it dismissed "with prejudice" meaning they could not just change their minds on a bad day.  90 mins. eh?

Thank you both for making things clear.

Di, not 90 minutes had gone by before we got another threat, and then another one the next day. If the case had gone to trial, they would not be able to issue the threats that they did.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »

They don't want us keeping copies of anything substantive.

The games haven't ceased. Hide everything, cover up everything, don't let anything see the light of day.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2008, 08:04:30 PM »

They don't want us keeping copies of anything substantive.

The games haven't ceased. Hide everything, cover up everything, don't let anything see the light of day.

Rest assured, Bob, we are not the only ones watching anymore...despite their pretentions, the gig is up and they are watched like vipers they be in the chicken hatchery!!!

The one lesson Danny Lee Shelton has clearly learned is that the discovery we had promised he got!!! Try filing suit again against anyone, anywhere and he will find me there offering FREE discovery advise. Much to DANNY LEE SHELTON's  chagrin, the documents were definitely coming our way, and could not withstand the light of day in a US DIstrict court before a jury of our peers!!! He definitely turned out to be the factually challenged pickpocket we claimed he was and then some!!! What else counts!!!

Can't wait for the next round!!! And it is a comin'!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »

Here is the latest substantive filing in 3ABN's defamation case against Bob and Gailon.  As expected, 3ABN and Danny Shelton don't think they should have to pay for Bob and Gailon's expenses.  I guess they think they can just file suit against somebody in federal court, tie up the defendants' lives for 18 months, change their minds when they don't like the direction the lawsuit is going, and expect not to have to compensate for the damages their actions caused.  I guess we'll see what the Court says.

By the way, here is a link to the United States Code, Section 1920 which is referenced several times in the attached document:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode28/usc_sec_28_00001920----000-.html

And the text of that link:

A judge or clerk of any court of the United States may tax as costs the following:

(1) Fees of the clerk and marshal;

(2) Fees of the court reporter for all or any part of the stenographic transcript necessarily obtained for use in the case;

(3) Fees and disbursements for printing and witnesses;

(4) Fees for exemplification and copies of papers necessarily obtained for use in the case;

(5) Docket fees under section 1923 of this title;

(6) Compensation of court appointed experts, compensation of interpreters, and salaries, fees, expenses, and costs of special interpretation services under section 1828 of this title.

A bill of costs shall be filed in the case and, upon allowance, included in the judgment or decree.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2008, 12:45:31 PM »

I find it interesting that they didn't even get Attorney Heal's hourly rate correct in their motion!!  Attention to detail??

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »

But isn't this generally one main point of companies/corporations suing "the little guy"?  That they wil not be able to hang finacially.  I believe it had been said a time or two about this particular lawsuit, if I remember correctly.  I would not look for the court to side with Bob and Gailon on this one. As I understand it the only way for Danny/3ABN to pay their legal expenses is if the lawsuit progressed to it's conclusion, and they won, is for the judge to order it(because is Danny won, the judge would not then order for him to pay Bob and Gailon's legal fees).  If not, every man for themselves.  But I could be wrong.  

Here is the latest substantive filing in 3ABN's defamation case against Bob and Gailon.  As expected, 3ABN and Danny Shelton don't think they should have to pay for Bob and Gailon's expenses.  I guess they think they can just file suit against somebody in federal court, tie up the defendants' lives for 18 months, change their minds when they don't like the direction the lawsuit is going, and expect not to have to compensate for the damages their actions caused.  I guess we'll see what the Court says.

By the way, here is a link to the United States Code, Section 1920 which is referenced several times in the attached document:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode28/usc_sec_28_00001920----000-.html

And the text of that link:

A judge or clerk of any court of the United States may tax as costs the following:

(1) Fees of the clerk and marshal;

(2) Fees of the court reporter for all or any part of the stenographic transcript necessarily obtained for use in the case;

(3) Fees and disbursements for printing and witnesses;

(4) Fees for exemplification and copies of papers necessarily obtained for use in the case;

(5) Docket fees under section 1923 of this title;

(6) Compensation of court appointed experts, compensation of interpreters, and salaries, fees, expenses, and costs of special interpretation services under section 1828 of this title.

A bill of costs shall be filed in the case and, upon allowance, included in the judgment or decree.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »

And here is the Defendants' reply to Simpson's motion to oppose costs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up