Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Poll

How should 3ABN respond to the demand letter from Tommy Shelton's molestation victims' attorneys?

3ABN should respond by September 10.
- 13 (31%)
3ABN shouldn't respond at all to the demand letter.
- 0 (0%)
3ABN should settle within 30 days of August 18, well before the Christmas giving season.
- 11 (26.2%)
3ABN should never settle since 3ABN has never done anything wrong.
- 1 (2.4%)
3ABN should let it go to trial as soon as possible so that 3ABN can be fully vindicated.
- 1 (2.4%)
3ABN should try every stall tactic in the books, in the hopes that the case never goes to trial.
- 0 (0%)
3ABN's directors should foot the bill, since Tommy was rehired 10 years after being let go over similar allegations.
- 12 (28.6%)
I need to know what Tommy's victim's claims are before I can decide on some of these questions.
- 4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN receives demand letter with deadlines  (Read 44063 times)

GRAT

Re: 3ABN receives demand letter with deadlines
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »

Sure is quiet.  Calm before the storm?   :hot:  Any idea when the storm may hit?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »

Haven't heard. It would be nice to know.

Anybody else heard anything?

SDAminister

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »

Haven't heard. It would be nice to know.

Anybody else heard anything?

Yes, notably quiet. Actually kind of nice for a change.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2010, 11:00:09 AM »

:dogwag:
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »

Nice comment, Adam, but not much information...
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

horsethief

« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »

3ABN's attorney's have probably told Danny and his co-conspirators to keep their mouths shut.

After this is done, we probably won't hear much more from Danny or his people. Who would want to hire them in the SDA church when it is known that they tried to silence Tommy's victims?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »

Now, Horsethief, you have said something right there!  ITA!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

horsethief

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2010, 11:55:55 PM »

When this is all over and Molly Steenson sends out her resume to an SDA conference office. Or when Clement Murray applies for a pastoral position at a new church, or when John Lomacang decides it's a good time to transfer.

Will their potential new employers be unaware of why they no longer are at their former positions?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2010, 07:55:07 AM »

Nice comment, Adam, but not much information...

I know, I know, but not much information is being released.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »

I would think so.  These people are not ordinary pastors, or whatever it is Molly is.  People will know when they inquire why they are no longer at 3ABN.  JL has been there a might long time.  They don't seem to transfer in the normal time.  We also tend to keep pastors longer here in California. 

When this is all over and Molly Steenson sends out her resume to an SDA conference office. Or when Clement Murray applies for a pastoral position at a new church, or when John Lomacang decides it's a good time to transfer.

Will their potential new employers be unaware of why they no longer are at their former positions?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

horsethief

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »

What I mean, Di, as I probably should have indicated, will other conferences want these people working for them after it's known that they attempted to help cover up child molestation crimes?

Emma

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »

Is Molly SDA?  I thought I had read somewhere that she is of another denomination (I cannot recall which).

Johann

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2010, 12:36:05 PM »

Is Molly SDA?  I thought I had read somewhere that she is of another denomination (I cannot recall which).

You find the information on the 3ABN website that Molly and her husband were Pentecostal. Seems like her husband as a pastor there for about 20 years before they became SDA. It appears like Molly launched the doctrine that since Danny was given a vision from God that he would build a TV station that made him a prophet and therefore every word that proceeded from Danny's mouth was as if uttered by God himself. And therefore all should follow and obey his orders.

In the wake of this Danny would often refer to the time he received the vision. . .

mrst53

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »

Was it actually said that Danny was a prophet?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2010, 02:44:17 PM »

Well, now, horsethief, we do not have a good track record there.  you know we have pastors serving who are womanizers, abusers, etc.  It is might hard to fired from the SDA church.....I had said I wanted to work for the local conference, because it seemed like a recession proof job........LOL!!

What I mean, Di, as I probably should have indicated, will other conferences want these people working for them after it's known that they attempted to help cover up child molestation crimes?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up