Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Poll

How should 3ABN respond to the demand letter from Tommy Shelton's molestation victims' attorneys?

3ABN should respond by September 10.
- 13 (31%)
3ABN shouldn't respond at all to the demand letter.
- 0 (0%)
3ABN should settle within 30 days of August 18, well before the Christmas giving season.
- 11 (26.2%)
3ABN should never settle since 3ABN has never done anything wrong.
- 1 (2.4%)
3ABN should let it go to trial as soon as possible so that 3ABN can be fully vindicated.
- 1 (2.4%)
3ABN should try every stall tactic in the books, in the hopes that the case never goes to trial.
- 0 (0%)
3ABN's directors should foot the bill, since Tommy was rehired 10 years after being let go over similar allegations.
- 12 (28.6%)
I need to know what Tommy's victim's claims are before I can decide on some of these questions.
- 4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN receives demand letter with deadlines  (Read 43855 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
3ABN receives demand letter with deadlines
« on: August 26, 2010, 07:48:14 PM »

Perhaps last Wednesday, August 18, Jim Gilley, reported to be 3ABN's current CEO and president, received a demand letter from some attorneys representing molestation victims of Tommy Shelton, offering to negotiate a settlement without litigation.

The letter made clear that the offer to negotiate a settlement without litigation was only available until September 10, and that if a settlement was not reached within 30 days, the chances of settling after that were pretty slim.

So the big question now is, What will 3ABN do? Will they take these attorneys up on their offer? Or will they fight it tooth and nail?

I wish there was a way to poll 3ABN's donors to see which choice they would prefer. After all, it will be donor money that gets spent either way. Which route would be a better use of donor funds?

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN receives demand letter with deadlines
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:00:07 PM »

IF I was Jim Gilley, I would say "Danny, it's been fun, but I'm outta here."
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 12:47:56 AM »

It appears that some believe there is no case against 3ABN.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:46:19 AM »

It appears that some believe there is no case against 3ABN.

Yes, but, I find it hard to believe that attorneys such as John Manly would take a case if he wasn't confident he would win. The man has a reputation that is incredible. So, obviously, yes, there has to be a case. 3ABN is in a sling, so the defenders need to realize that.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

horsethief

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:25:32 AM »

3ABN is in a sling because the leader of this cult and his followers believe that laws don't pertain to him.

guide4him

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:12:35 AM »

horsethief  :amen: :goodpost:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:11 PM »

I voted in case any want to know 3 checks  1. Respond before time 2. Settle in 30 days and 3. 3abn leaders pay up. simple vote according to documents of "guilty", it needs to be over and done-- with compensation. and no if or ands about it. and I hope the victims can get some comfort and peace from justice. Most important is giving the victims the thought and feeling that the majority of people do not condone and do care of what nasty devilish acts that sickos can cause others and that justice will put them away. and from there hope their lives can come together as someone stood up for the right and good of the afflicted

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »

Anyone who wants to can change their vote by deleting it and then voting again.

You may choose up to four choices, from what I recall.

When might the media pick the story up? Anyone know?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »

12 more days until 3ABN's deadline is over to respond to John C. Manly. One must wonder will they? Will Walter Thomson now realize that he should have listened to Pastor Dryden? It will be interesting to see......

Bob, I know that the attorney's for the victims are anxious to take this to the media....

Time's running out!
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 03:46:36 AM »

12 more days until 3ABN's deadline is over to respond to John C. Manly. One must wonder will they? Will Walter Thomson now realize that he should have listened to Pastor Dryden? It will be interesting to see......

Bob, I know that the attorney's for the victims are anxious to take this to the media....

Time's running out!
Actually, NO ONE should be listening to Glenn Dryden.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 06:24:51 AM »

From a legal liability standpoint, Walt Thompson and Danny should have listened.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 06:34:24 AM »

From a legal liability standpoint, Walt Thompson and Danny should have listened.
From a Christian standpoint. Glenn Dryden should have never sent the letter.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 01:10:01 PM »

Ok so I just saw this thread Friday and did not have time to respond.  Now what exactly is it they wasn 3ABN to do about TS?  Besides being Danny's brother, and an employee.........I am not sure what they can do.  I am asking for clarity as I dont' really to read here everyday, and you do miss somethings when you come a little alte to the discussions.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »

Di,

Tommy's victims want 3ABN to negotiate a settlement. If 3ABN refuses, their lawyers say they're going to file suit against 3ABN.

It was this kind of scenario that I was concerned about in late 2006. By Tommy coming back to 3ABN to work, and by Danny covering everything up, Danny was putting 3ABN in jeopardy.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 02:01:35 PM »

Got it!  Yeah, that was a bad move.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up