Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can We Avoid Appearance of Evil With Smoke Trailing Even Continually?  (Read 3228 times)

irspro

http://www.flamingcursor.com/

Some see smoke while others see fire.  Some don't always seem concerned if you see smoke if a certain amount of fire is necessary that creates this smoke.

Don't forget the QUICKIES(2) while trying to wrap your mind around SPIRITUAL ADULTERY!
Don't forget the ADMINISTRATIVE CHANGES(2) while trying to wrap your mind around WHAT SOME REALLY THINK!
Don't forget some ALLEGATIONS when trying to wrap your minds around INDICATIONS in coming to CONCLUSIONS.

We are all auditors of one sort or another in drawing conclusions on all matters among which we sift.  Fragmented financial records, like fragmented conduct, takes a bit more effort where the events of life are not always open, noteable, and on a clear path.  Some have feebly attempted to avoid the taxman by going undercover with cash.  Undercover with cash becomes as obvious as the nose on your face when the auditor wraps their mind around applications of funds, even on an isolated transaction basis, to the extent that the BURDEN OF PROOF shifts.

How do you really feel about the "CLEAN HANDS PRINCIPLE?  Do you see anything in the church manual that is bothersome to you with some alleged independent SDA ministries?  I don't really think I would feebly attempt to institute an action in re COPYWRITES unless my hands were really squeaky clean where I was capitalizing on words unique to SDAs even though they are not necessarily under copywrite protection.

http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/guidelines/main_guide5.html

"Guidelines

Church trademarks, such as "Seventh-day Adventist," "Adventist," and "Ministry," may be used only in connection with denominational ministries and non-commercial activities of approved lay and professional groups. Use of these trademarks shall be controlled by the General Conference Corporation of Seventh-day Adventists through the Office of General Counsel. Church trademarks shall not be used in any manner that will jeopardize the Church's tax-exempt status."

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:05:15 AM by irspro »

GrandmaNettie

Re: Can We Avoid Appearance of Evil With Smoke Trailing Even Continually?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »

Are  your posts making more sense because I am starting to understand your curiously unique language or is it because you have hung around all of us here and are posting more clearly?  I'm not saying I GET it ALL, but certainly more than usual.

I am going to comment on a selection of your thoughts that really caught my eye.

Don't forget the QUICKIES(2) while trying to wrap your mind around SPIRITUAL ADULTERY!

While I don't necessarily agree with the theology or philosophy of the author or authors who might have first coined the term, I believe that there is "spiritual" adultery - in other words, a deep betrayal - that can devastate a marital relationship.  To me, the first incidence of spiritual adultery is clearly chronicled in Genesis when Adam pointed at Eve and told God "She made me do it".

Don't forget some ALLEGATIONS when trying to wrap your minds around INDICATIONS in coming to CONCLUSIONS.

We are all auditors of one sort or another in drawing conclusions on all matters among which we sift. 

I especially like the way you have framed this principle;  translating it into the terms and perspective of your professional experience.  In few words, many important thoughts can be gleaned:

Critical thinking is a vital activity for healthy growth in any human being.  The level each individual accomplishes critical thinking is sometimes tied to our level of intellect; at times it is tied to our choices in whom to believe.

How we each sift and evaluate what we see determines our level of understanding. 

Do we allow someone else's thoughts and conclusions to become our own, or do we carefully evaluate the many perspectives in the light of the verified, undeniable facts before reaching our own conclusions?

How do you really feel about the "CLEAN HANDS PRINCIPLE? 

I realize that you were specifically applying this principle to the apparent hypocricy of 3abn suing over infringment of copyright when they are infringing on the GC copyright.  Where I see a vital application of the "CLEAN HANDS PRINCIPLE" is in what we do with the facts, allegations and surmisings, our imperfect knowledge, of another's sin.   All of us have come short of the glory of God.  All of us have a degree of dirt on our own hands and/or a human agenda that colors our intent in how we address it.  There are some areas where the imperfect being needs to rely on the Perfect One to be the One to judge the level of hand soil on another and be the One to confront it.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????
Pages: [1]   Go Up