Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moms Bragging Rights  (Read 6061 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Moms Bragging Rights
« on: September 22, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »

Our second son received the award for excellence by his company. We are extremely proud of him.  From the onset of my pregnancy the Dr's did not believe I would go to term,in fact did not believe  I would deliver a live infant.
He was born at 7 months and in 1964 that was almost an automatic death sentence. When he was born he was not breathing and the Dr's feared brain damage. We almost lost him several times but each time he kept fighting the odds.
Prior to birth if a boy he was to be named Scott Richard.
The DR kept referring to him as the little guy with the heart of a lion. Then it seemed only natural to name him after Richard the Lion Hearted. He came home at three months and weighed a whopping 5 lbs and 17 inches long. He is now 6'6" and 280 lbs. A tough and scary 1st year as many times it became touch and go. At 11 months he went thru a tornado which totally destroyed our home. The force pulled him away from my husband who was trying to hang on to him. Found later under the refridgerator in the yard unhurt. Smiled at  his daddy when my husband pulled him free. We are so proud of him and our  other 3 boys.
This was the write up

Richard Odenthal
Life Care Centers of America bestowed its awards for excellence in an array of presentations on Sept. 8., at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tenn.

The Chairman’s Award for outstanding commitment to excellence went to Dick Odenthal, vice president of Life Care’s Heartland Division, and the Carl W. Campbell Wind Beneath My Wings Award for the company-wide volunteer of the year went to Roger Rizzo, who donates his time and talent to three Life Care facilities in Boise, Idaho.

“The winners of these awards – both for performance and volunteerism – reflect the professional skill and the heart for service demonstrated daily by thousands of people across our company,” said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president. “They are compelled by a remarkable faith and love.”

“In late January 2006, Dick [Odenthal] accepted the division vice president position and moved his family to Indianapolis, Ind., without ever having set foot in the state,” said Sally Wolf, division controller. “He has been the guiding force behind the tremendous improvements in the Heartland Division. He is always willing to offer his expertise. He knows how to be a great operator, and he is one of the most financially intelligent division vice presidents I have come across in my tenure with Life Care.”

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:57:57 PM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Emma

Re: Moms Bragging Rights
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 02:49:48 AM »

Congratulations Bonnie, it is such a thrill when our kids do well.....especially with your son's very tough start to life.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »

WOW!!!

Bonnie - that is VERY COOL!!  You have every right to be proud!!

Thanks for sharing this great news!!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:28:13 PM »

WOW!!!

Bonnie - that is VERY COOL!!  You have every right to be proud!!

Thanks for sharing this great news!!

Thanks. We have always been somewhat awed in his size, strength,determination and integrity.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »

Well, like I tell my folks....  "It's all in the upbringing!!!"

Thanks. We have always been somewhat awed in his size, strength,determination and integrity.

Lil Star

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 12:46:19 AM »

I have always been told "beware of things/people in small packages, for those are the ones who will rise to the top."

You have every right to be proud and should be proud of your son.

RIP mom

Jesus IS enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up