Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Butter - Peanut or Diary?  (Read 6327 times)

Johann

Butter - Peanut or Diary?
« on: March 02, 2010, 03:15:59 AM »

Some friends use both diary butter and peanut butter on the same slice of bread. I can only have one or the other.

I have been told I should rather use diary butter than peanut butter - because it is healthier.

If you only had the choice of these two as a bread spread which would you choose and why? For health's sake?

:help:

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: Butter - Peanut or Diary?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:43:56 AM »

Johann,
lol, first of all it would not be a choice since I have never ate a peanut butter sandwich or had peanut butter in my mouth but a taste of it mixed in candy.

Then there is all the bacteria and fungus that can come with it.

Your safest would be butter over peanut butter and margarine. Margarine came in early 40's or a couple of years previous. Since the 40's the statistics show is when most of heart trouble really started big time more then usual from the the making of margarine

The process of making margarine destroys the way the body makes good cholesterol when consumed and leaves the bad. (I am just making this simple as I understand this. It was also a big thing in congress that I watched a few years ago). The point was given also during those years why the substitution of butter. I remember pretty much when it first started or shortly after. Adventists seem always behind when it comes to using "Soy and margarine". Ask the Jewish people they know! "Using soy makes little girls out of your little boys" especially now that soy is scientifically changed. Funny how deep the devil goes to achieve his goals. Soy might be good for old ladies but not to the extent it is now used in everything. I won't hardly touch it. It is nothing but estrogen.

I choose the butter as I go along with EGW when she says use a little but the time would come when the demand was that we could no longer use and not to do it and discard into weakness before the "demand".  Yes, I know about diease in animals but demand will come.

Johann

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:28:22 AM »

Are peanuts all that bad? Seems like a standard or traditional SDA health food item is Nuttolene. Wasn't that made from peanuts and wheat gluten?

Emma

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:33:52 AM »

Unless you are allergic to nuts, I do not think peanut butter is such a bad food, in
moderation.

Probably worth checking the contents, I believe in some places sugar is added to sweeten
it (not in this country).

It is certainly much better for me to eat the nuts than the gluten....but that is a whole different story :)

In answer to the original query, I would go with whatever you prefer at the time.

I am reminded of something said to come from that great author A A Milne, creator of Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh and company.

Pooh was asked if he would prefer honey or condensed milk (very sweet) on his bread.

"Both" said Pooh, "But never mind the bread"  :dogwag:

WillowRun

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10:39:09 PM »

I can't eat margarine, I have asthma and something about those fake fats causes me to have asthma attacks.  We use dairy butter, peanut butter, almond butter and cashew butter.  If I were just in the mood for a snack--breakfast--lunch..., a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut, almond or cashew butter would be mighty tasty.  I would never use cow butter on toast...it makes it yucky...

BUT  if I was making garlic bread to go with spaghetti, I would use either butter or olive oil plus the garlic.  I prefer the garlic bread made by brushing olive oil on the  bread...but my girls are slower to make the change than I...so for now it's cow butter on the garlic bread.

Emma you are correct, most commercial US peanut butters have sugar added and they've been partially hydrogenated to keep the oil from separating.  If I'm at the health food store, I buy Maranatha nut butters.  If i'm in one of the chain supermarkets, the only nut butter available is peanut...and the only brand we purchase is the Smuckers natural peanut butter with no hydrogenization and no added molasses or sugar.
Respectfully,

Willow
Pages: [1]   Go Up