Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript  (Read 137744 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »

I think the only point is that they remain Linda's friends throught it all. 

3D, I am just sorry, Linda was done wrong.  Danny, the board, and her Pastor at the time, JL were anywhere near right.  Even if they really thought LInda was doing wrong, it was up to them as the Christian network whose theme is "Mending Broken People/or Hearts" to do better and work toward the healing of everyone involved.  They did not do their level best to acheive that healing......for Linda. 

Just a thought. The Thorvaldssons weren't on Linda's road, they weren't even on her continent. True, they got letters from her for the most part describing herself as bloody and battered and abused, and Johann interpreted all that any one else tried to say to him or explain to him according to Linda's version, and has decided all are liars except for her.

That is his right, but I wonder what the odds are that everyone involved or who was an actual witness in her church, job, home etc , (those who were  really there) are all liars except for Linda?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »

Ok, it might have been so long ago that I don't remember that someone gave me the answer, but why come........sorry........how come there are so many people who are like 3D and Ian(my good friends, but I am jsut asking a question), who have no persona or first hand knowledge of this entire mess, come to dispute Johann's word for incidents he himself witnessed or even experienced, and/or heard directly from Linda regarding her own experiences.   Would it not make more sense for someone who is closer to the situation, more personally involved to dispute the events with Johann?  I'm just asking, I think it would go a long way toward credibility.  At least we could say that it was amatter of perspective, but this way, I have to go with Johann as he has more crediblity because of his personal involvement, which is not disputed by either side.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Pat Williams

« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »

Johann the story has always been the same, theirs and yours.

You were not fired because of that. Obviously you could not represent and promote a ministry in Europe that you were at war with.

The interesting thing is that Danny had me fired from 3ABN (it was all right with me because I was retired already) because my testimony did not agree with his claims that the trip to Florida had not been canceled, but that Linda and Arild had gone there secretly.

This was also the claim even Nick Miller was trying to get me to admit when I had a meeting with him, Walt Thompson, and John Lomacang in West Frankfort the last Friday in May, 2004. So now that is being twisted like so many other things since then.

Pat Williams

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »

Ok, it might have been so long ago that I don't remember that someone gave me the answer, but why come........sorry........how come there are so many people who are like 3D and Ian(my good friends, but I am jsut asking a question), who have no persona or first hand knowledge of this entire mess, come to dispute Johann's word for incidents he himself witnessed or even experienced, and/or heard directly from Linda regarding her own experiences.   Would it not make more sense for someone who is closer to the situation, more personally involved to dispute the events with Johann?  I'm just asking, I think it would go a long way toward credibility.  At least we could say that it was amatter of perspective, but this way, I have to go with Johann as he has more crediblity because of his personal involvement, which is not disputed by either side.

Princessdi, it is disputed as the majority of the time Johann was not anywhere around.

1. He introduced the Doctor and Linda

2. He came by for a couple of hours or less during one day while Linda and Brenda were in Norway at the Doctors

3. He showed up at the 3abn camp meeting with the Doctor.

That's it. The rest is what he heard secondhand.

Which is no different then the rest of us.

People who were there and were witnesses have tried to talk to Johann to no avail.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »

Princessdi, it is disputed as the majority of the time Johann was not anywhere around.

2. He came by for a couple of hours or less during one day while Linda and Brenda were in Norway at the Doctors

People who were there and were witnesses have tried to talk to Johann to no avail.
Based on who's information, Danny's? Surely you have a better source of information than that 3D. Please tell me you do.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Pat Williams

« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2010, 05:02:42 PM »

Linda Shelton's version:

Exhausted by the emotional strain of nearly four hours of verbal bombardment Linda covers her face with her hands, as if in doing so she could protect herself from the barrage of accusations her husband is hurling at her. Even with her eyes closed, she can feel the nearness of his presence as he moves in closer, just inches from her face. Suddenly the barrage begins again.  Dan’s words are firing off like rounds from a machine gun, “Admit it Linda, just admit that you committed adultery with the doctor!”“I know he mesmerized you!”  “Admit he is a devil.”“If you don’t, I’ll make sure you’ll loose your job!” For what seemed like an eternity, Danny continues his denunciations against Linda. Weary of the accusations, she looks up at him, shakes her head and says, “No, Dan. It’s not true.” “Believe me, nothing is happening between me and the Doctor, he only wants to help our son and help us.”

Seated quietly as a witness to this event is John Lomacang, their church pastor. In addition to his pastoral duties John is an employee of Three Angels Broadcasting Network. John, like a number of other witnesses/participants in this saga, holds a prominent position at 3ABN, which makes it impossible to be objective and remain an employee. Those, like John Lomacang,  who were willing to do what was requested of them found themselves rewarded for their “loyalty to the ministry”

Her Pastor's version:

Thompsonville 7th Day Adventist Church 3577 Angel Lane * P.O. Box 23 Thompsonville, Illinois 62890 618-627-2999

January 14, 2006

Linda Shelton -private address removed-

Dear Linda,

Thank you for your speedy response to the letter the Church Board sent to you. I, was also pleased to speak to you when you called me Sabbath afternoon. I thought that our conversation went well and I listened to your observations hoping that we would be able to help you. I was somewhat surprised how soon you had Derrell Mundall hand deliver your reply letter to me at my office.

As I read it I was a bit disappointed to see that you expressed so little confidence in the church board, the church members, and in me. To incessantly suggest that the church is made of “compromised” members is quite short-sighted on your part. This board is not made of people bought by Danny Shelton. It is comprised of God-fearing Christians that understand all too well the great responsibility of making well informed decisions.

It is enlightening to see how you unceasingly, and relentlessly, attempted to dismiss your poor decision making by maligning others.

It was also quite manipulative on your part to imply that my “dreams of many years to be on TV” disqualified me as an objective pastor. Linda you may remember, it was at your urging that Danny called me to join the 3ABN family. At no time did I even call or suggest that I was interested in being on TV. Years before I even knew of 3ABN, Doug Batchelor and I were already on television; not to mention countless other times without Doug. It was on the heels of Net ‘99 in New York that I was invited to sing at 3ABN; prior to that I had not heard of 3ABN. The doors that opened at 3ABN were not opened by any dream on my part, of which there was none concerning 3ABN but by the hand of the Lord.As a matter of record you probably remember well when you said to me,”John, God brought you to St. Louis so that we could bring you the rest of the way.” To suggest that you will be not be able to receive fairness and impartiality is ludicrous.

Linda, as we look at the time-line of events you were the first one to call me and ask for counsel about your friendship with the doctor. It was after I arrived at your home that I heard the other side of the story. It was hearing both sides that led me to give you counsel to sever the relationship with the doctor from Norway. I made that decision as your pastor and as a marriage counselor with 16 years experience, not as a “back-pocket” servant of Danny Shelton.

It has been nearly two years since this escapade started and you will recall that from the very outset, that Tuesday night in your living room, when you made the decision not to sever your relationship with the doctor, you set the course that led you to where you are today. Linda, the decision to hold on to someone other than your husband in spite of the months of counseling, was a critical decision in furthering your downfall. To further compound the matter, you still held firmly to your course after the relentless pleading from your friends, confidants, pastors, 3ABN board members, and non-Adventist counselors to sever the relationship. One has to be quite short-sighted and uninformed to come to the conclusion that all of those people were ”compromised.”

You also mentioned that no one made an attempt to visit you and minister to you. Speaking for Angie and I, you may remember that when you made the decision to move to out of your home and go to Marion for ”more privacy,” we called you and asked if we could come and visit with you. You refused by saying that you were not ready and that you would let us know when you were ready for our visits. You never contacted us so we can only assume that you did not want a visit from us. Even when we saw you in the mall with Danny, we asked again about visiting and you said "I will tell you when.”

Many of the people that are still supporting your cause were not at ground zero. You continue to suggest that it was the subsequent decisions that other people made, rather than the initial one that you made that landed you where you are. One of the greatest evidences of hazardous decision-making on your part is the fact that you and the doctor are still in a relationship.

There was never a conspiracy to get rid of you and to refuse you a fair hearing. You were, and are greatly loved by many of the people at 3ABN and Thompsonville Seventh-day Adventist Church. However, love for someone and loyalty to them are not always the same. While we love you, we must be loyal to the truth and to the Lord. That is where we must be accountable.

God placed within your hands the responsibility of carrying a message to the world. It is unfortunate that you came to the place where your desires became more important than the responsibility placed on you through the message. Linda, God called you and the Bible says in Romans 11:29 ”For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” God called King Saul and God called David; both of these followers of God sinned. The difference between a ”king” and a ”shepherd boy” was clearly seen. Saul was too great to repent and turn to God and the record is clear concerning his fate. David, although his fall was great, turned to God with the heart of a repentant servant. For our admonition David’s prayer of repentance was preserved in Psalm 139:23,24 (KJV),”Search me, 0 God, and know my heart; Try me and know my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

I read your recent response letter to the church board dated October 31,2005, and I hope that the declaration that you made, ”Let it be known that I am innocent of the rumors and allegations made against me, ”is not written in stone. Linda, on this note you were correct, ”Man can remove job titles.” However let me caution you about the rest of your declaration, ”No man can take away my calling which I will continue to pursue.” Saul pursued a course that dishonored God and God removed him. On the other hand David repented and pursued a course that opened the way for God to restore him. The eternal question is one to deeply and prayerfully ponder. Which course will you pursue? David humbled himself under the Almighty Hand of God and was restored. In spite of the dark stain of David’s past the apostle Paul preached a message that recalls the fate of these two great men. He writes in Acts 13:21-22 (NKJV),”And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years. (22) “And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ’l have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.”

Linda, from the first night that I sat before you in your living room I made a statement that has so far proven to be true. I said to you, ”Satan wants to destroy you, your ministry, your career, and your marriage. ”The results are evidence that to this day Satan has prevailed. I am hoping that he will not prevail in robbing you of your salvation. Just recently I read the chapter ”Why Was Sin and Suffering Permitted,” from the book, ”Patriarchs & Prophets.” I was deeply impressed again by what I read to further warn you that you are still on enchanted grounds and that the enemy is not done. Here are a few of the quotes that opened my eyes:

“The angels whom he could not bring fully to his side, he accused of indifference to the interests of heavenly beings. The very work which he himself was doing, he charged upon the loyal angels. It was his policy to perplex with subtle arguments concerning the purposes of God. Everything that was simple he shrouded in mystery, and by artful perversion cast doubt upon the plainest statements of Jehovah. And his high position, so closely connected with the divine government, gave greater force to his representation.

“He had artfully presented his side of the question, employing sophistry and fraud to secure his objects. His power to deceive was very great. By disguising himself in a cloak of falsehood, he had gained an advantage. All his acts were so clothed with mystery that it was difficult to disclose to the angels the true nature of his work. Until fully developed, it could not be made to appear the evil thing it was; his disaffection would not be seen to be rebellion. Even the loyal angels could not fully discern his character or see to what his work was leading.”

“Rejecting with disdain the arguments and entreaties of the loyal angels, he denounced them as deluded slaves. The preference shown to Christ he declared an act of injustice both to himself and to all the heavenly host, and announced that he would no longer submit to this invasion of his rights and theirs.”

Linda, I saw that because of your great influence Satan would come at you with great intensity. If you persist in holding to the self-deceiving position that you have done nothing wrong, you are preparing yourself for the completion of Satan’s plan, complete destruction. As long as you play the role of total innocence, you are a gullible prey..

That is why we prayed for you when you were in your post at 3ABN and we will still pray for you. Our deepest prayer is that you discover that greatness comes not from being served but serving. We pray for your supporters because they only know the side that you presented. Our prayer is that the Lord will bring softness to your heart to make you a servant. At the end of the day it must be seen that it is “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the LORD of hosts. ”Zechariah 4:6 (NKJV).

Linda, God has not called us to be famous but to be faithful. I pray that you will respond to the Holy Spirit’s call to faithfulness.

We deeply regret that you have made the final decision to have your membership dropped from the church, but we do not have the right to refuse your written “formal request.”

The church chose censure rather than removal of membership because it was our desire to connect you with a Seventh-day Adventist church where you could find spiritual healing and recovery, not to cause you any further hardship. It is not our prayer that you pursue your calling; it is our prayer that you pursue the heart of God.

Your greatest blessing will come when you are restored to wholeness in the sight of God. God will richly bless you, not on account of whom you are, but on account of whom He is. Seek His kingdom and His righteousness and all that He has for you will be added.

Yours in Christ,
Pastor John Lomacang

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »

So, 3D, why should we believe your spin about Johann? How would you know about why he was fired? Were you there? How do you know how often he and his wife were with Linda? Were you there? Have you ever lived on the 3ABN compound? Have you ever worked at 3ABN? Were you ever a member of the Thompsonville Church? Have you ever spoken to Danny or Linda personally?

3D said:

The rest is what he heard secondhand.

Does that mean that you have no personal knowledge or experience with 3ABC, Danny or Linda Shelton? Then why are you claiming to know the truth? Johann traveled in Europe with Danny and Linda. Danny and Johann had extensive email correspondence. Have you?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »

So, 3D, why should we believe your spin about Johann? How would you know about why he was fired? Were you there? How do you know how often he and his wife were with Linda? Were you there? Have you ever lived on the 3ABN compound? Have you ever worked at 3ABN? Were you ever a member of the Thompsonville Church? Have you ever spoken to Danny or Linda personally?

3D said:

Does that mean that you have no personal knowledge or experience with 3ABC, Danny or Linda Shelton? Then why are you claiming to know the truth? Johann traveled in Europe with Danny and Linda. Danny and Johann had extensive email correspondence. Have you?

:goodpost:
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »

The Dream
Chapter 1
Continued...

During Danny’s recitation of his allegation against her the same thoughts continue to race through Linda’s mind: “How could this be happening to us?” “How could Dan say he loves me and then treat me this way?” “Why won’t he believe the truth?” A heavy sigh escapes from her lips, as a single tear trickles down her cheek. Again, she testifies of her innocence, but it apparently falls upon deaf ears. Looking into the faces of her accuser and his witness, it is as if her fate had already been sealed. Irregardless of the truth, a decision had been made and nothing she would say could alter the ultimate outcome.

What events lead up to this confrontation? How can the accounts of two individuals vary so dramatically? What are the facts and how can they be separated from false accusations, orchestrated lies and innuendo? Although so many  falsehoods and misrepresentations that have been paraded as facts, it is still possible to separate them from the truth by searching the available evidence. There are witnesses, paper trails and emails that were hidden from the court of public opinion through a “gag order” that insured Linda Shelton’s silence for over two years, but left her ex-husband the opportunity to misrepresent her actions and character to a data base of 180,000 3ABN donors.  In the final analysis, not only the facts will exonerate Linda, but as a professed Christian it is a matter of character and integrity that will separate the sheep from the wolves.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:19:44 PM by Sister »

Pat Williams

« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »

Ok, it might have been so long ago that I don't remember that someone gave me the answer, but why come........sorry........how come there are so many people who are like 3D and Ian(my good friends, but I am jsut asking a question), who have no persona or first hand knowledge of this entire mess, come to dispute Johann's word for incidents he himself witnessed or even experienced, and/or heard directly from Linda regarding her own experiences.   Would it not make more sense for someone who is closer to the situation, more personally involved to dispute the events with Johann?  I'm just asking, I think it would go a long way toward credibility.  At least we could say that it was amatter of perspective, but this way, I have to go with Johann as he has more crediblity because of his personal involvement, which is not disputed by either side.

Based on who's information, Danny's? Surely you have a better source of information than that 3D. Please tell me you do.

One source is Johann himself. He posted all this himself, and discussed it with others in his posts. and he published the letters between himself and Danny shelton, and between himself and the Chairman of the 3abn board.

He was in constant communication with Linda, that's his source, and he judged all that everyone else said to him, such as Danny, Nick Miller, Dr T, Kay Kuzma etc etc etc, [Who were there with Linda and tried to tell him different] and pronounced all liars  all based on what Linda had told him,[from the other side of the world from him]. Read the letters and see for yourself , please. They aren't the only letters published online, together they tell the story.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:48:58 PM by 3ABN_Defender »

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »

It is a good guess that a church board and group of members whose livelyhood is largely dependent on one of the parties in a dispute, will vote in favor of that party in a squabble of this nature. Protests to the contrary don't carry the weight of logic or reason. Pastor Lomacang's letter expresses ample outrage, but fails to refute the suspicion.

Pat Williams

« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »

It is a good guess that a church board and group of members whose livelyhood is largely dependent on one of the parties in a dispute, will vote in favor of that party in a squabble of this nature. Protests to the contrary don't carry the weight of logic or reason. Pastor Lomacang's letter expresses ample outrage, but fails to refute the suspicion.

Well you have to say that George, next to Johann, you are Linda's right hand man.

I wonder if you would have the nerve to say the above to the members and Pastor of that church and actually look them in the eye when you said it? I somehow doubt it.

edited to add, If I remember correctly 3abn employees were a minority on the board at the time. Is that correct, George. I could ask someone else, but you should know, right?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:57:08 PM by 3ABN_Defender »

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »

Ok, it might have been so long ago that I don't remember that someone gave me the answer, but why come........sorry........how come there are so many people who are like 3D and Ian(my good friends, but I am jsut asking a question), who have no persona or first hand knowledge of this entire mess, come to dispute Johann's word for incidents he himself witnessed or even experienced, and/or heard directly from Linda regarding her own experiences.   Would it not make more sense for someone who is closer to the situation, more personally involved to dispute the events with Johann?  I'm just asking, I think it would go a long way toward credibility.  At least we could say that it was amatter of perspective, but this way, I have to go with Johann as he has more crediblity because of his personal involvement, which is not disputed by either side.

One source is Johann himself. He posted all this himself, and discussed it with others in his posts. and he published the letters between himself and Danny shelton, and between himself and the Chairman of the 3abn board.

He was in constant communication with Linda, that's his source, and he judged all that everyone else said to him, such as Danny, Nick Miller, Dr T, Kay Kuzma etc etc etc, [Who were there with Linda and tried to tell him different] and pronounced all liars  all based on what Linda had told him,[from the other side of the world from him]. Read the letters and see for yourself , please. They aren't the only letters published online, together they tell the story.
3D, do you know where I could find these letters? I would like to see them. Thank You.
Billy Graham

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »

3D, are you ignoring my questions:

3D said:

mrst53

« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »

I have been out sick, so I have a few things:
 3ABN-to reiterate- were you there when Johann was fired?
 :usa:
Please don't compare the Animals with the Sheltons :dogwag: The Animals are better than them :purr:

The idea of church being a club- my husband has always said that and he isn't a Christian. That's sad isn't it? Man makes loving God so hard. Jesus Christ made His Way so easy. Ask Him for forgiveness, love Him with all you heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself.  Boy if, we spend our time doing that, we don't have much time for anything else. :ROFL:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Up