Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript  (Read 137772 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Re: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2010, 06:47:26 AM »

Jamie.Smith,

This is not a sensational work of fiction, but unfortunately for Linda Shelton it is a part of her life. Unfortunately for Danny Shelton it brings to public view a side of his life that he would rather remain hidden. It does not uplift Linda Shelton as a paragon of virtue, but it does reveal the insidious plot that was executed by Danny Shelton in order to remove her from their marriage and ministry. Linda is the victim here, not Danny. If the truth casts him in an uncomfortable light, is it his own actions that have put him there. Is this a publishable biography? Yes... Possibly a movie script? Yes... It is not the writing that has brought any sensationalism to the events depicted, but the character and actions of Danny Shelton.

Sister

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »

Sister, is right as far as I am concerned.  Reading this manuscript, "paragon of virtue" are hardly the words I would use to describe Linda. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2010, 01:24:34 PM »

Sister, is right as far as I am concerned.  Reading this manuscript, "paragon of virtue" are hardly the words I would use to describe Linda. 
Linda has faults, as we all do. I can tell you though, after working at 3ABN when they were both there, there's no comparison between the two.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »

Oh nooooo! I would not put her in the same category as Danny.  He just seems to attrract women who make bad decisions regarding men.  Linda's biggest fault is she needs to forgive Danny(for herself) and move on.

Linda has faults, as we all do. I can tell you though, after working at 3ABN when they were both there, there's no comparison between the two.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »

How do you know she hasn't?

Oh nooooo! I would not put her in the same category as Danny.  He just seems to attrract women who make bad decisions regarding men.  Linda's biggest fault is she needs to forgive Danny(for herself) and move on.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2010, 06:01:24 PM »

Oh nooooo! I would not put her in the same category as Danny.  He just seems to attrract women who make bad decisions regarding men.

So when will the next one be? Anyone know?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »

Well, actually, it is more the actions of her friends, but also that she is still into getting back at Danny.  This I get fromthe manuscript.  The tenor is unmistakable.   I enjoy reading it, but after six years it's time to do some forgiving for her own sake. 

I know it sounds weird, but if Danny is as bad as everyone says he is, he is getting some kind of satisfaction from the fact that he still has this effect/impact on Linda's life.  It proves to him that, as far as she is concerend, he is still in control..................She ought to like like he fell of the face of the earth..........

......jes a 'lil sumpin, sumpin from the Book of Princess............

How do you know she hasn't?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #307 on: August 12, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »

Now, now, Bob!  LOL!!!

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2010, 04:51:14 AM »

Now, now, Bob!  LOL!!!

Di,

Because people have the mind and discernment that God blessed us with of keeping Law and morals, It is now placed upon his people to act as the "sin He sees hidden " is brought out.  If we did not have "the Laws", there would be no society, no rules, heathen and whatever befalls. Our emotions of right and wrong are clearly in us the same as God in His Love, anger, mercy, and forgiveness. Mercy and forgiveness is given when mistakes are made. Mercy is not given when Devil possessed humans distribute their vials against others to distroy. We have laws and I am for them even though what is left is being more and more corrupt as it comes closer to Jesus' coming.  What you all are feeling is sympathy for corruption because of vile humans the minute these vile people are caught and start squealing.  Then the Christian sympathy sets in just like the Devil plans for.  Do you believe that God has his own retributions and ways of which we can obviously observe?  Then why do we falter into sympathy as soon as He acts on the Hidden sin taking down innocent people. That is where my sympathy lies, with the victims of vile acts.   I do not believe for one moment that LS hates anyone or DS. She has a right to tell her side on behalf of the people so they can determine if they want to continue to aid and abet this hoax in the SDA church that collects funds and makes mockery among other extraordinary sins of greed, lust and adultery.  What sister is bringing out is a must. Why let the devil keep going with his "jolly" when Jesus brings to light so people can act. Have you read where God can do nothing without human instrument??? That means both ways.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2010, 11:55:44 AM »

Tinka, in all the a"acknowledgement "of Danny's many transgressions, there is still a line we should not cross.  We cannot, and should not try to do the work of the Holy Sprit, to convict and bringt o salvation. 

I know by now that Danny has knowledge of his many trangressions, and it is not upon him to follow the urgings of the Holy Spirit and change his ways.  If Danny chooses not to change, no amount of badgering, name calling, berating of his supporters will do a darn bit of good.  Just makes you[general] un-Christ-like in their handling of the situation.  Dannys transgressiong/faults are very public, so God has allowed that they be exposed...in a very public way....I beleive that.  That carries pretty much it's own consequence.  However, that does not give anyone here the right to "secure" Danny's redemption.  One thing you all might not want to accept, but Danny's redemption, change, restoration, may not be in a public forum.  For all of your "work" you might not, and really lack the authority to see the final outcome.  You really might not get to see Danny pay the price for the things he has done. 

Remember, God is still a compassionate God, and extends to Danny the same compassion He extends to us all when He just doesn't expose ALL of our business to the world.  Christ died for us all....."while we were yet in our sins".  Jesus paid it all for Danny in adnvance, just like the rest of us.

This is a rhetorical quesetion:  Each one take a moment and think.........What has God not exposed to anyone about my life?   What secret, darling sin does He see in me and not expose while I am here demanding the condemnation of my brother in Christ because his was a public sin?

IOW, and in plain english, you[general] don't get to be mean, rude or discourteous, because you are responsible for your own actions.  "He made me do it", just doesn't work at all.   You all might not want to admit this, but in spite of the shady dealing in past years, God is still showing 3ABN and Danny some favor.  Just as He did David.  We have no real choice but to go with God's call.  God continues to use 3ABN to bring many to salvation.  3ABN is God's ministry....in spite of Danny.  Danny is God's child.....in spite of his faults/sins. 

Linda can tell her story all she wants, but she needs to tell it from the prespective of one being "restored".  She actually started along that road when she poke at one of the churches not far from here,  Somewhere she has gotten off the road.

[quote author=tinka link=topic=1909.msg27613#msg27613 date=1281700274

Di,

Because people have the mind and discernment that God blessed us with of keeping Law and morals, It is now placed upon his people to act as the "sin He sees hidden " is brought out.  If we did not have "the Laws", there would be no society, no rules, heathen and whatever befalls. Our emotions of right and wrong are clearly in us the same as God in His Love, anger, mercy, and forgiveness. Mercy and forgiveness is given when mistakes are made. Mercy is not given when Devil possessed humans distribute their vials against others to distroy. We have laws and I am for them even though what is left is being more and more corrupt as it comes closer to Jesus' coming.  What you all are feeling is sympathy for corruption because of vile humans the minute these vile people are caught and start squealing.  Then the Christian sympathy sets in just like the Devil plans for.  Do you believe that God has his own retributions and ways of which we can obviously observe?  Then why do we falter into sympathy as soon as He acts on the Hidden sin taking down innocent people. That is where my sympathy lies, with the victims of vile acts.   I do not believe for one moment that LS hates anyone or DS. She has a right to tell her side on behalf of the people so they can determine if they want to continue to aid and abet this hoax in the SDA church that collects funds and makes mockery among other extraordinary sins of greed, lust and adultery.  What sister is bringing out is a must. Why let the devil keep going with his "jolly" when Jesus brings to light so people can act. Have you read where God can do nothing without human instrument??? That means both ways.
[/quote]

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »

Linda can tell her story all she wants, but she needs to tell it from the prespective of one being "restored".  She actually started along that road when she poke at one of the churches not far from here,  Somewhere she has gotten off the road.

This could not be true if Linda is not orchestrating attacks on Danny.

It would be nice if Danny would come clean and FINALLY 'fess up on his income and assets so that Linda and Danny's marital property could be divided properly. Last I knew, their case was still not settled, even after six years, and yet another divorce for Danny.

But even though this be the case, if Linda isn't orchestrating attacks on Danny, then it would be unfair to say she's gotten off the road.

Emma

« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »

It would be nice if Danny would come clean and FINALLY 'fess up on his income and assets so that Linda and Danny's marital property could be divided properly. Last I knew, their case was still not settled, even after six years, and yet another divorce for Danny.

But even though this be the case, if Linda isn't orchestrating attacks on Danny, then it would be unfair to say she's gotten off the road.

In a general sense Bob, I do not think getting off the road to recovery is measured by refraining from attacking the ex.  That is a negative measure....real recovery will see positive measures,  making a life for the new self, not looking back....I speak from some personal experience in saying this, though I am in no way comparing my past to Linda's.

childoftheking

« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »

If people have to have led perfectly sinless lives themselves before they can deal with open sin in the church, especially open sin by leaders there should never have been any church board meetings, nor any disfellowshiping and some of the things Paul in the Bible said about dealing with sin in the church are wrong.

corrected spelling

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2010, 04:25:25 PM »

God is still showing 3ABN and Danny some favor.  Just as He did David.  

I think we have heard the comparisons of Danny Shelton with David before...by the Danny sympathizers.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »

I am not saying she is orchestrating anything.  I don't believe she is quite capable of such a thing.  But then again.......there is a thin line between love and hate..........But no, I don't believe she is orchestrating anything even close to an attack.  However, she is cooperating with those who wish to destroy Danny because of his wrongs to her and in other matters.  So there is now some anger there, that brings me back to the passive agressive side of this.  She would not orchestrate anything close to an attack, but she will and is lending all the info she can to those who will.

Remember, I am the one who said initially she should have hired someone like Gloria Allred and went on some talk shows making sure she got enough money to throw Danny and 3ABN that 250k back in scandalous faces......ooops!  Did I say that out loud?  LOL!!!!  At any rate, she could write a book, or something like that. 

This way it seems she is still buying into the idea of being restored to 3ABN, but just to be clear, those are just my guts feelings........the same gut feelings that told me that Danny was cooking up something aginst Linda because he had something going on the side.........Voila!  Brandy!    This keeps Linda from truly moving on as she should.  I even believe that he has blocked her ability to do ministry.......in the same circle where she is known.  At some point she might think that God may be "enlarging her ministry territory" and try some different circles.  Circles where Danny's carefully worded phone calls carry no weight.

Linda can tell her story all she wants, but she needs to tell it from the prespective of one being "restored".  She actually started along that road when she spoke at one of the churches not far from here,  Somewhere she has gotten off the road.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up