Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript  (Read 137756 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Excerpts from an unpublished manuscript
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »

Naw, see I heard Moses, John the Baptist, etc.   LOL!!!

I only used David in the respect that in spite of his many, many,many transgression, God consider him a "man ofter His own heart".  We can't understand that, really, can we?  If David were here today, and did any one of those the many things he did wrong, he would not be in leadership, and most probably a site like this would be in existence dedicated to sitting him down.........It makes you think, because God never removed David, or even Solomon, from their thrones "whilst they were yet in their sins".  And we know that Solomon went a long way..........

God is still showing 3ABN and Danny some favor.  Just as He did David.  

I think we have heard the comparisons of Danny Shelton with David before...by the Danny sympathizers.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »

If people have to have led perfectly sinless lives themselves before they can deal with open sin in the church, especially open sin by leaders there should never have been any church board meetings, nor any disfellowshiping and some of the things Paul in the Bible said about dealing with sin in the church are wrong.

corrected spelling

:amen:

Johann

« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2010, 05:00:33 PM »

Why don't we suggest the GC remove the accounts of their sins, repentance and why David was so much i favor with God - from the Scripture? Do we need those accounts if we do not want to take them at face value?

I only used David in the respect that in spite of his many, many,many transgression, God consider him a "man ofter His own heart".  We can't understand that, really, can we?  If David were here today, and did any one of those the many things he did wrong, he would not be in leadership, and most probably a site like this would be in existence dedicated to sitting him down.........It makes you think, because God never removed David, or even Solomon, from their thrones "whilst they were yet in their sins".  And we know that Solomon went a long way..........

God is still showing 3ABN and Danny some favor.  Just as He did David. 

I think we have heard the comparisons of Danny Shelton with David before...by the Danny sympathizers.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »

Both David and Solomon reaped a lot of heartache and bitter tears for their sins. But consider: Out of 40 years of reign, how many great transgressions did David commit? The one with Bathsheba and Uriah was a vile one. David had a loyal convert to Judaism slain as part of a cover up. It cost him dearly. But it was one sin during 40 years of reign.

King Saul was different. Within 2 years after he took the throne, he was departing from God, and when he started rebelling against God, he never stopped or repented, as far as the record tells us.

David confessed and repented. So did Solomon. Saul never did.

Danny should be like David, but I have yet to hear him say, "I have sinned," when anyone has told him, "Thou art the man."

christian

« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2010, 02:28:27 AM »

Naw, see I heard Moses, John the Baptist, etc.   LOL!!!Yes we can understand the statement (about David) when it is taken in it proper context. The pronunciation of God that David was a man after his "own heart" had nothing to do with Gods acceptance  of the many transgressions that David committed. It was only that David never lead the children in open rebelion against God. He would even qualify that statement by saying except in the Matter of Uriah, so there would be no confusion. Please do not apply the same standard to Danny Shelton it in no way applies. Often a statement is repeated so many times it stands on its own without investigation. YES WE CAN EASILY UNDERSTAND THE STATEMENT FROM GOD IF TAKEN IN PROPER CONTEXT.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #320 on: August 14, 2010, 05:26:06 AM »

Christian,

and your point is well said about correct understanding of "after God's own and "open sin" . This is why the public and on here that so much controversy is from  "open sin" right out in view within the SDA and now called in my book "off shoots".

and Di, I cannot justify David's actions and go do as David did ...or shall we go dancing naked in the streets too of course after "God's own heart"! :ROFL:

But never do we want consequences such as Absalom. That is one story that was so heart wrenching next of course to the Father giving up Jesus on the Cross for our Salvation and the "Passion of the Christ" details of which EGW made it more viewable in imgination then the movie. David paid the price with Absalom. DS mind maybe too far on other side to even think that he sins. Btw, I heard that he has had a couple of heart operations and bad health himself like TS. I did not know that until a few days ago. and now TS wife too. Hearts and minds must not be working together! :dunno:

Johann

« Reply #321 on: August 14, 2010, 08:22:25 AM »

This way it seems she is still buying into the idea of being restored to 3ABN, but just to be clear, those are just my guts feelings........the same gut feelings that told me that Danny was cooking up something aginst Linda because he had something going on the side.........Voila!  Brandy!    This keeps Linda from truly moving on as she should.  I even believe that he has blocked her ability to do ministry.......in the same circle where she is known.  At some point she might think that God may be "enlarging her ministry territory" and try some different circles.  Circles where Danny's carefully worded phone calls carry no weight.[/color]

Linda can tell her story all she wants, but she needs to tell it from the prespective of one being "restored".  She actually started along that road when she spoke at one of the churches not far from here,  Somewhere she has gotten off the road.

What indicates she has gotten off the road? Linda is either preaching or having a general lesson study somewhere every Sabbath at the moment.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »

Is that what Linda wants to do???---is preach??

Johann

« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2010, 01:33:41 PM »

It was preaching that got Linda into trouble. When I first came to 3ABN, staff members were talking about her spiritual and inspiring devotionals and what an asset she was to the ministry. That seemed to be too much for her husband, who kept reminding his viewers that he was the one who received the vision. She had to leave. . .

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2010, 10:45:20 AM »

Exactly!!!  That's what I'm talking about, Emma!

In a general sense Bob, I do not think getting off the road to recovery is measured by refraining from attacking the ex.  That is a negative measure....real recovery will see positive measures,  making a life for the new self, not looking back....I speak from some personal experience in saying this, though I am in no way comparing my past to Linda's.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #325 on: August 20, 2010, 04:50:26 AM »

Is that what Linda wants to do???---is preach??

Why not?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #326 on: August 20, 2010, 05:51:56 AM »

Bible worker or To teach,  or Inspirational talks is talent that LS  has but are we talking "Ordained preaching" futuristic plans. --If so and if that was the upcoming plan on 3abn inch by inch "that she was wanting" then I believe that was trouble coming. Not because she was better then DS (of which she was) but I think other factors even though DS has done what he has --he still probably goes by first foundations of SDA. No women "preachers" although it is a pick of rules of what he does go by. I said much on posts about it and so has DB. No I do not believe either that women's place is in "Ordaining women preachers". If they did their work properly where their place should be they would not have time to take on or trying what is better that a "man's position" that can be more effective for his role. IF a women did all that was given her to do in Biblical references of the most importance and biggest job our children and taking care of husbands home needs would not be in the situations or turmoil they are today as a whole.  Did I not read where LS's son felt neglected? Her daughter abused. IF all duties of home came first, one might have realized much of what was going on in the home.  But mistakes are made as we live each day.  Hmmmm

Actually, when I have heard women preachers, I sit not even hearing them but trying to figure out what type of personality and character they are and whether I can believe anything where they are coming from. Why are they trying to take this on and what importance are they seeking. It never occurs to me that possibly or maybe they are really a good Christian with "called" agendas. and that is because I know what the Bible  says gives as examples.  Will you be called to be a Queen, Governor, or what ever?  or did you just hear a cow bellow somewhere>  Did they prepare the Sabbath meal or give their time to practice their preaching, did they get the family clothes ready for Sabbath or did everyone have to fend for their selves including small children. Just thoughts but my thoughts are strictly of a mother and my families immediate needs of preparation and training and not a father. I like being a woman of responsibilities, I like my role of giving, helping and accomplishments and then watch my children take it from there. I love to see their confidence after their accomplishments. Have 6 children and all of them accuse each other of being just like mom>>>>(smile). I love them all. Did I need to preach ?....I did in the right way for those who know me. My audience was my family, my friends, and my neighbors and letting them know how much I loved all by actions in unclaimed benevolence.
and Johann I truly believe your a good man and preacher or you would not have had that dream of "guidance".  Many good women have been the result of a very good men. We are very important.(smile)  Here is just a thought that just came. "Feminine is genuine".   I don't like people preaching that I just can't get a "handle" on.  :dunno:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:57:49 AM by tinka »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #327 on: August 20, 2010, 10:39:59 AM »

Ok people, you have given soooo much to work with here...........

Johann, if you are saying that we are not following the examples given us in the Bible about what and what not to do, you are correct.  It is just as we have not learned from to them at all.

Bob, there are far too many Psalms where David was pleading with God to forgive him.....they were not all from that one sin(which was actually several sins, adultery, lying, murder, etc), even though that one was definitely the worst.  Remember, David was a womanizer the entire time.  Michal was somewhat justified in her rebuke of her husband when he dance before the Ark, however, it was the wrong time.  Those are feelings she expressed that had been mounting for a long time about David and his many, many, many women.   He was defintiely out there chasing down women all along.

Christian,  I believe David to be an excellent comparison, because if he were alive today, would there be a site like this one dedicated to his demise?  WE, would only see his actions, as we only see Danny's actions.  So while David did not lead the people into rebellion the "spiritual adultery" to which they often fell, leaving them in bondage and slavery to some other country, he was still not the moral leader that they needed.  God favored David inspite of his sins and blessed the nation.  God knew David's heart.  IOW, there was someone else who maintained God's favor with sins even more greivous than Danny's, I have not heard that he murdered anyone yet,  It makes my point about God still savign and reaching people through 3ABN, in spite of Danny's sins.

Naw, see I heard Moses, John the Baptist, etc.   LOL!!!Yes we can understand the statement (about David) when it is taken in it proper context. The pronunciation of God that David was a man after his "own heart" had nothing to do with Gods acceptance  of the many transgressions that David committed. It was only that David never lead the children in open rebelion against God. He would even qualify that statement by saying except in the Matter of Uriah, so there would be no confusion. Please do not apply the same standard to Danny Shelton it in no way applies. Often a statement is repeated so many times it stands on its own without investigation. YES WE CAN EASILY UNDERSTAND THE STATEMENT FROM GOD IF TAKEN IN PROPER CONTEXT.

horsethief

« Reply #328 on: August 20, 2010, 06:22:46 PM »

A better comparison might be Danny to R. Kelly & Tommy to Michael Jackson.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2010, 04:19:46 PM »

Horsetheif, What do you know about R. Kelly?!!!  LOL!!  Also, that comparison to Danny is not lost on me, either.  Care to elaborate?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up