Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockdown at BlackSDA's 3ABN Forum!  (Read 19989 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Lockdown at BlackSDA's 3ABN Forum!
« on: March 17, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »

After reopening for a few days, the 3ABN forum on BlackSDA is now locked down, apparently for the duration of any legal action taking place.

Calvin has explained that his legal counsel advised him to stop further posting on the forum.

That leaves, again, AdventTalk to carry on the duty of releasing information to the Adventist public on evolving issues with the 3ABN problem.

The lawsuit and subpoenas are an attempt to silence us!  They are now successful in silencing BlackSDA!

There are some of us who refuse to be silenced!

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Lockdown at BlackSDA's 3ABN Forum!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 02:05:15 PM »

If Calvin feels hiring legal counsel was necessary, he is wise to follow that counsel.
I don't see he has any choice

Bonnie
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:07:42 PM »

If Calvin feels hiring legal counsel was necessary, he is wise to follow that counsel.

Bonnie

Calvin's retaining and following the advice of legal counsel was no doubt a good choice for him, but the fact remains that an important conduit of information on 3ABN issues was shut down.  AdventTalk, at least for now, remains open to relay that information to others.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:59:46 PM »

Bonnie

Calvin's retaining and following the advice of legal counsel was no doubt a good choice for him, but the fact remains that an important conduit of information on 3ABN issues was shut down.  AdventTalk, at least for now, remains open to relay that information to others.

And what would shut down Advent Talk?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:56:04 PM »

I don't know.

Do you know of anything that would shut down AdventTalk?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 08:20:13 AM »

I assume you are referring to the 3ABN forum of Advent Talk?

Bonnie

And what would shut down Advent Talk?

Gailon Arthur Joy

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 10:03:14 AM »

In my brief time at BlackSDA I was a little amused to find those that are so incensed over what they term "gossip and slander" and are "Thank God they are not like others" taking part in the discussion. Perhaps they will now come here more than in the past to get their fix, while wringing their hands at the thought

Bonnie
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »

Yes, Daryl, I was referring to the 3ABN forum of Advent Talk...realizing now that it was the same thing that was complained about by moderators at BlackSDA...ignoring the fact that Advent Talk was more than just about 3ABN.   :)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 12:12:22 PM »

In my brief time at BlackSDA I was a little amused to find those that are so incensed over what they term "gossip and slander" and are "Thank God they are not like others" taking part in the discussion. Perhaps they will now come here more than in the past to get their fix, while wringing their hands at the thought

Bonnie

That is a very amusing thought indeed, Bonnie!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 12:28:30 PM »

When I saw the names and some of the very recgnizable posts it would have been amusing if not so predictable and par for the course.

Bonnie

"Oh, Thank You God, I am Not Like Them"

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »

Well, how much time do you think it will take some of them to begin their rebuttals here on Advent Talk...or perhaps they have become intimidated by thoughts of possible subpoenas also!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 07:33:09 PM »

Why waste your time on a subpoena? Why not just add them as third parties to a very cordial lawsuite right here in Massachusetts by public notice? ie: John Doe a/k/a Appletree of BSDA, or Jane Doe a/k/a Ian and Dona, etc!!! They already have 14 lawyers in Minnesotta to choose from. If 3ABN or its' special donor pay for Danny, why not all the surrogates?

May as well cut right to the chase!!!

Hey, Calvin, would you accept service on behalf of the Janes and Johns? Perhaps your counsel would do so with permission of the a/k/a 's!!! Worth asking...there are a couple of them that I would just love to depose and examine on the stand!!! Now that I think back on it, there a couple of expat's from BSDA that would be fun to depose and examine as well...WWJD, Bystander and given some time I could think of some more.

Gailon Arthur Joy
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 03:38:05 AM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

Ozzie

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 09:59:31 PM »

:thumbsup:  :ROFL:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 11:47:13 AM »

Unless Calvin changes his mind, it looks like he has permanently turned the 3ABN forum at BSDA into a read only forum as a sub-forum of The Café.

Quote from: Calvin over at Black SDA
3ABN Section
This section has been permanently archived (Read Only); I have no plans to reopen it for discussion. The section has been moved off the main page to a sub-forum in The Café.

At the moment not even the topics can be accessed even for reading purposes only, however, that may simply be a glitch that he will soon be correcting.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 01:01:09 PM »

Unless Calvin changes his mind, it looks like he has permanently turned the 3ABN forum at BSDA into a read only forum as a sub-forum of The Café.

Quote from: Calvin over at Black SDA
3ABN Section
This section has been permanently archived (Read Only); I have no plans to reopen it for discussion. The section has been moved off the main page to a sub-forum in The Café.

At the moment not even the topics can be accessed even for reading purposes only, however, that may simply be a glitch that he will soon be correcting.

Does he know that Federal Law clearly makes him immune from real liability?

A non-profit offered to prepare motions to dismiss much of 3ABN vs Joy many moons ago. But we weighed the value of discovery and the need to get the Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth to the stockholders in the pews and deferred a decision. If it had not been for the probative value of the discovery neccesary to prove the Defamation Per Se claims, this case may have been history already, but not have proved a thing!!! After all, the case is about revealing the truth, right???

Besides, the thought of McNeilus dealing with those legal fees every month and it brings a warm glow knowing that the power of money can also be corrosive to ones constitution!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up