Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Danny and 3ABN heed the SS lesson?  (Read 14636 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Will Danny and 3ABN heed the SS lesson?
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:28:10 AM »

The following is prompted by Sunday's lesson for the 13th week of the 1st quarter of 2008.

I've had several folks ask me about forgiveness, when is the time to move on and not keep harping on the same old things. It's a good question.

One thing we need to remember is that God conditions His forgiveness on repentance and confession, and we have yet to see an acknowledgment on the part of Danny or 3ABN that they've done anything wrong.

More importantly, Gailon and I aren't the ones who sued. Danny and 3ABN sued us. Until they drop the lawsuit, we have to prepare our defense, which means that we have to amass as much proof as possible in support of the various allegations.

Which brings us to the question, Are Danny and 3ABN willing to forgive and drop the lawsuit? Instead of asking us whether we are willing to forgive, folks ought to be asking them.

Which brings us to the question, What do they need to forgive us for? For blowing the whistle on Danny Shelton's covering up of the child molestation allegations against his brother Tommy Shelton? But what sin was there in blowing the whistle on the cover up of such despicable allegations? Especially when Tommy replaced Linda Shelton as production manager, and Danny Shelton admitted in writing a month after his divorce that he didn't have biblical grounds to divorce Linda. The whole scandal was totally antithetical to Seventh-day Adventism, the 3 Angels' Messages, and 3ABN's purported message.

Perhaps what Danny Shelton, Walt Thompson, and the rest really need to do is send us a letter thanking us for dealing with a situation that had gone on far too long before we ever entered the picture. They need to get over their personal vendettas or whatever their complex is, and drop the lawsuit that was in retaliation for us doing the right thing. It's their Christian duty.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Will Danny and 3ABN heed the SS lesson?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »

One thing we need to remember is that God conditions His forgiveness on repentance and confession, and we have yet to see an acknowledgment on the part of Danny or 3ABN that they've done anything wrong.

It seems, by the lack of any informative directives given out by the Adventist church or the present administration of 3ABN, that everyone has "forgiven and moved on".
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 05:19:09 PM »

If they've forgiven, why is the lawsuit still going on?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 05:47:31 PM »

Could their be a good reason why on both sides?

Johann

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:29:35 PM »

While I was here on AT my wife, Ida, was watching 60 Minutes, one of many US items rebroadcast on Icelandic TV. This program made her quite upset.

A black man in Illinois has been incarcerated for 26 years for a murder he did not commit. Two lawyers knew he was innocent, and now they claim they were bound by their confidentiality as long as the client they defended was alive. They knew their client committed the murder, but they were unable to clear the innocent for 26 years.

Now, I understand, the innocent man is waiting until the judge has time to reopen his case. He stated to 60 Minutes that the first thing he will do when released is getting clear out of the state of Illinois.

Is this what happens in Illinois, asked Ida? Is Danny Shelton counting on his lawyers clearing him the same way - and him getting away from punishment?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:42:27 AM »

Shouldn't there be a law against this type of lawyer-client confidentiality that allows an innocent person be declared guilty and sentenced, while the known guilty person goes free?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:42:57 AM »

I was under the impression that we were the ones who were supposed to be forgiving 3ABN--according to the question about forgiveness, moving on, and why keep harping on the same old things.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »

Shouldn't there be a law against this type of lawyer-client confidentiality that allows an innocent person be declared guilty and sentenced, while the known guilty person goes free?

One would think so, but I have read of others who have been on death row for many years, who were later proved innocent.

A friend said to me only three days ago "We have a legal system - not a Justice system" I believe that he was correct.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 07:01:44 PM »

I meant that it seemed like the Adventist church and the 3ABN administration had forgiven the malcreants and moved on...leaving us to twist in the breeze...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 08:28:16 PM »

I meant that it seemed like the Adventist church and the 3ABN administration had forgiven the malcreants and moved on...leaving us to twist in the breeze...

Perhaps the real problem is that we have only gotten information to a small part of the "stockholders in the pews" and need to expand the dissemination of information to more than the 5% penetration that we have probably informed to date. In other words, we need to get the news to far more people than we have informed so far!!! We have not been left in the breeze, we are the breeze and we need to become a windstorm!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »

What is the best way to desseminate the information to the stockholders in the pews?
Pages: [1]   Go Up