Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the Best Way to Inform the "Stockholders in the Pews"  (Read 10754 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

In answer to the question of why the Adventist Church and the present 3ABN administration have been so easily able to move on from the 3ABN scandal and act as if it had not happened, indeed is not still happening, Gailon Joy postulates the following:

"Perhaps the real problem is that we have only gotten information to a small part of the "stockholders in the pews" and need to expand the dissemination of information to more than the 5% penetration that we have probably informed to date. In other words, we need to get the news to far more people than we have informed so far!!! We have not been left in the breeze, we are the breeze and we need to become a windstorm!!!"

How do we get the information out to them?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Jodi

Re: What is the Best Way to Inform the "Stockholders in the Pews"
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »

I'm not sure either, how to get the information out to everyone ~ but perhaps a booklet could be put together with a few hard facts of some "evidence" (such as copies of a few court documents proving DS's guilt), and let the Stockholders read it for themselves by mailing it directly to them. 

I have tried to tell a few in my church about the "truth" of this entire mess and it has made some very angry at me.  They don't want to hear it and they think DS walks on water!  Until they read, for themselves, some of the Affidavits signed by his victims, will they believe what he has done ~ and, maybe not even then!  That is what amazes me....how anyone can continue to believe in this man!! 

Jodi

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »

I'm not sure either, how to get the information out to everyone ~ but perhaps a booklet could be put together with a few hard facts of some "evidence" (such as copies of a few court documents proving DS's guilt), and let the Stockholders read it for themselves by mailing it directly to them. 

I have tried to tell a few in my church about the "truth" of this entire mess and it has made some very angry at me.  They don't want to hear it and they think DS walks on water!  Until they read, for themselves, some of the Affidavits signed by his victims, will they believe what he has done ~ and, maybe not even then!  That is what amazes me....how anyone can continue to believe in this man!! 

Jodi

I don't get anywhere either by talking to people at church--they listen politely but then go on with their interest with whatever 3ABN is doing at the moment to engage them.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 07:05:08 PM »

The above is the reason I believe the Seventh-day Adventist Church leadership is at fault for the length of time this whole ordeal has been allowed to continue.

3ABN itself can cover up the problems and choose to put on its best face and manners, but if the SDA church were to stand up and let its membership know what kind of organization people were donating funds to and listening to for spiritual leadership, 3ABN could be brought to accountability.

Ozzie

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:34:44 PM »

I have tried to tell a few in my church about the "truth" of this entire mess and it has made some very angry at me.  They don't want to hear it and they think DS walks on water!   Until they read, for themselves, some of the Affidavits signed by his victims, will they believe what he has done ~ and, maybe not even then!  That is what amazes me....how anyone can continue to believe in this man!! 
Jodi

This has been my experience too. I'm blowed if I know how to get this across to people who don't want to know.  :scratch: They want to keep their heads in the ground like ostriches, and let 'someone else' take care of the problem - that's IF there is a problem, because so many think that 'Saint Danny' could never do anything wrong. Seems like many who do think there are problems but don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up and say so, have an attitude like "If we ignore it, it will go away".

It never ceases to amaze me how intelligent, dedicated Christians can act like this "has nothing to do with them and let someone else handle it". That's how corruption multiplies and yet these so-called Christians want to cover it over and pretend that nothing is wrong. We NEED to call SIN by its right name and do whatever we can, in our little patch in the woods, to create awareness.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up