Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN sued over child molestation!  (Read 112538 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN sued over child molestation!
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »

Didnt they use the bus for their In Jesus Name ministry?

Why do you keep posting this?

Excuse me? That's the first time I posted this.

I am sorry Adam - I think it is me and a technology problem.  Your posts are not coming through right on my droid.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »

its okay Snoopy have the same issue on my phone. LOL
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »

Didnt they use the bus for their In Jesus Name ministry?

I don't know anything concrete about the bus, but I think I was told something like that, and that the bus wasn't in good shape.

I don't have any information to contradict what I have been told that the bus was not in good shape. That's not the same situation for the piano Tommy got from 3ABN.

According to my source, Danny claimed a piano sold cheap to a family member was a piece of junk that should have gone to the junkyard. The 1998 Form 990 indicates that 3ABN sold a piano that year to someone for $2000. My source thought Tommy must have gotten a really good deal. I highly doubt that anyone from Dunn Loring would say that that piano was a piece of junk, especially since Tommy gave such a lovely public concert on that piano, which concert was taped and distributed.

DARVO or JustWondering, would you care to comment? Was the piano a piece of junk or not? Would $2000 be a fair price or a cheap price for it? How did whatever replaced it at the church compare in quality and/or price?

DARVO

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

I'm not a Board member; I don't have concrete info.  I also don't recall a time in the past 15 years any situations where the church accepted donations from 3ABN.  Sorry, can't help much with this one.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2011, 08:13:07 PM »

Quote from: Bob Ellis, Daily American News
3ABN: Allegations are untrue

By Bob Ellis
Daily American News
Posted Jun 22, 2011 @ 07:30 PM

West Frankfort, Ill. — A local television and radio station, started from humble beginnings and grown into a worldwide ministry airing 24/7, has become involved in and is denying implications in a federal lawsuit. Three Angels Broadcasting Network, based in Thompsonville, has been named in claims of negligence in connection with allegations of sexual abuse of a child by the brother of the network’s founder. A network spokesman emphatically denied the accusations.

The network was named, along with Tommy Shelton, 65, in a federal lawsuit filed in Chicago Monday. Tommy Shelton is the brother of  Danny L. Shelton who, with his wife, Linda, founded the the ministry by building in a small field in Thompsonville more than twenty years ago.

The lawsuit was filed by Alex Walker, now 25, who claims he was sexually abused by Tommy Shelton while Shelton was a 3ABN employee in 2001. Walker’s lawyer claims that Shelton commuted to 3ABN from his home in Kentucky for the purpose of abusing Walker, thus making the civil lawsuit a federal case. In 2001, Walker said his brother got him a part-time job in the production department at 3ABN where Tommy Shelton worked and the abuse continued for a year.

The sexual abuse started in 1997, the lawsuit alleges, at a church in Virginia, where both Walker, then 11, and Tommy attended. Although Tommy Shelton later became pastor of that church, the lawsuit says that he continued his affiliation with 3ABN.

The lawsuit accuses Tommy Shelton of sexual assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and travel with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct.

In a statement released to the Daily American by 3ABN, the network said the lawsuit first came to their attention in August of last year when Walker’s attorneys sent a letter claiming that Shelton had sexually abused Walker when he was a teenager.

It would be interesting to know just exactly which allegations the anonymous 3ABN spokesman denied.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »

So, from the 3ABN network spokesman, we get "deny, deny, deny"...

Does anyone remember if the Roman Catholic church started out by denying allegations when their abuse complaints began?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2011, 09:02:52 PM »

We may also note here that Bob Ellis is the former mayor of West Frankfort. He has also appeared on 3ABN at least twice. He is what some would consider a Shelton pal.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2011, 09:06:09 PM »

We may also note here that Bob Ellis is the former mayor of West Frankfort. He has also appeared on 3ABN at least twice. He is what some would consider a Shelton pal.

Very interesting!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2011, 12:12:04 AM »

I met Bob Ellis at a 3ABN Camp Meeting in 2003 when his book on 3ABN had just been published. He had earlier given me permission to use some of his material in an article I wrote about 3ABN. He signed the copy of his book which I got at that time.

As far as I recall Bob Ellis had travelled with the Sheltons to Europe.

HaroldT

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2011, 06:13:26 AM »

Quote from: Bob Pickle
According to my source, Danny claimed a piano sold cheap to a family member was a piece of junk that should have gone to the junkyard.
[/quote
That sale occured while we were building Danny's house. I was standing between Danny and Tommy when they both told me that Danny had sold Tommy the Young Chang piano. The one everyone saw on the set daily. Dan told me that Tommy gave him $3000 for it.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2011, 10:37:17 AM »

More words suggesting problems than suggesting vindication, coming from a "pal."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2011, 10:39:04 AM »

Quote from: Bob Pickle
According to my source, Danny claimed a piano sold cheap to a family member was a piece of junk that should have gone to the junkyard.
That sale occured while we were building Danny's house. I was standing between Danny and Tommy when they both told me that Danny had sold Tommy the Young Chang piano. The one everyone saw on the set daily. Dan told me that Tommy gave him $3000 for it.

Interesting. So Danny tells you $3000, and 3ABN tells the IRS $2000. Who's telling the truth?

Where did the $1000 difference end up?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2011, 12:38:07 PM »

A lengthier article has been posted at theSouthern.com by the Southern Illinoisian:

"Tommy Shelton accused of sex abuse"

If anyone gets a copy of 3ABN's statement, please send me a copy.

What do you think of some of the statements in this article? It sounds like 3ABN is uncomfortable admitting that Tommy had an important position at 3ABN, doesn't it?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2011, 02:14:32 PM »

According to the complaint, Alex Walker, is demanding 5,000,000. Anyone know if I'm reading that correctly?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:05:17 PM by Adam »
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »

Meet Alex Walker's local counsel: James Gay

http://www.jamesgaylaw.com/
Billy Graham
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up