Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN sued over child molestation!  (Read 112529 times)

GRAT

Re: 3ABN sued over child molestation!
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2011, 08:17:19 AM »

180 degree angle = an about face

45 degree angle = cutting corners

Right angle = 90 degrees; opposite of wrong

270 degrees = a wrong angle?

360 degrees = a complete turn around

Acute angle = 1)less than a right angle and more than zero, 2)Having a rapid onset and a short, severe course

Obtuse angle = 1) somewhere between a right angle and cutting corners, 2) lacking in insight or discernment; "too obtuse to grasp the implications of his behavior", 3) Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

Reflex angle = 1) somewhere between an about face and a complete turn around, 2) An action that is performed without conscious thought

Others??  Ok, I spent way too much time on this response.   :)
[/quote]

Good ones!  :ROFL:  :thumbsup: 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »

Bob do you have a link for this?

The public court documents in Alex's case are posted at 3ABNvJoy.com.

Funny thing is that I have never heard of anyone getting a cease and desist letter over the use of the letters "3-A-B-N" in that domain name. Not a single cease and desist letter.

But the Danny clones still maintain that 3ABN accomplished all it wanted to accomplish when it bought two domain names from Gailon's bankruptcy estate, despite 16 other functioning Save 3ABN sites, and despite 3ABNvJoy.com.

childoftheking

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2011, 05:33:50 PM »

The first document refers twice to Tommy Smith. I think they meant to say Tommy Shelton.

childoftheking

« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »

When dealing with people who have no scruples one must take care to be scrupulous.

youngwarrior

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »

Perhaps I can weigh in on this topic for a bit.  I worked for 3ABN as in engineer in 1989 and the first half of 1990 for a total time of a year and six months.  Alex - I am sorry for what happened to you and have no problem believing you.  Tommy's adopted son was a friend of mine along with Duane Clem, another of Tommy's victims.  At the time I wondered why Duane disliked Tommy.  Now I know.  I also know quite a bit about other things that were and have been going on at 3ABN.  Since leaving the ministry I have tried to stay in touch with what is happening there.  Personally I hope the board, many of the members whom I know, will come to their senses and clean house.  If they don't God will have to.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2011, 08:04:19 AM »

Perhaps I can weigh in on this topic for a bit.  I worked for 3ABN as in engineer in 1989 and the first half of 1990 for a total time of a year and six months.  Alex - I am sorry for what happened to you and have no problem believing you.  Tommy's adopted son was a friend of mine along with Duane Clem, another of Tommy's victims.  At the time I wondered why Duane disliked Tommy.  Now I know.  I also know quite a bit about other things that were and have been going on at 3ABN.  Since leaving the ministry I have tried to stay in touch with what is happening there.  Personally I hope the board, many of the members whom I know, will come to their senses and clean house.  If they don't God will have to.

Keith, how did you find out about Tommy's adopted son being a victim?

JustWondering

« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2011, 07:15:01 PM »

This comment brings up a pet peeve of mine.  What is the point of including "adopted" when referring to a child when there is no reason to do so?  Have you been in a conversation when talking about a child and someone says, "did you know he is adopted?"  or "she's adopted."

I am asking this as a general question/comment and not just referring to Bob's comment above.  Many times adopted children live their entire lives trying to fit into a family and struggle with feelings that they are second class family members. 

I do not mean to imply that adoption is a negative thing.  I admire a family that adopts a child and believe adoption is a wonderful thing.  Once a child is adopted, they are part of the family, period.  And praise God that we who are Christ followers have been adopted as children of God.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »

Good point.

I was just using the same wording that youngwarrior used. He avoided using the real name, and I followed suit.

vestedinterest

"Adopted" son
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »

Good Points, J.W. I have thought at times during the course of all this, that perhaps a point was made about RS being "adopted" so as to somehow make the point that although TS is a pedophile, and most certainly inappropriate even with young men who have reached the age of majority, he is, in fact, not to be confused with someone who is incestuous.  However, i don't see the distinction, because in time spent with the family it certainly was never mentioned that the son was adopted - it was known by many, but never seemed to be a topic that merited discussion until it came out that TS had molested him.  Then he seemed to become "the adopted son". But I could be wrong.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2011, 12:57:02 AM »

Well I was also adopted and never was reffered as that until I filed this law suit. Now my family waste no time making that point clear. Also Keith thanks for your support and kind words.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2011, 02:47:55 AM »

If I understood correctly, a previous comment seemed to me to suggest that an action that was incest if it involved a biological relataive would not be incest if it involved an adopted relative.

I cannot speak to the statute of the either the State of IL or of Virginia, but the law everywhere as I understand it would make the above false.  IOW if it is incest with a biological relative, it would be incest with an adopted relative.  And if it was not incest with a biological relative, it woudl nto be incest with an adopted relative.

NOTE: My comment is general in nature and not to be applied specificlly as I do not have specific personal knowledge.

vestedinterest

« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2011, 11:19:11 AM »

Gregory - I wasn't speaking at all to the legality of such a stance, nor the morality - it would be the same either way, no doubt... I just sensed maybe a distinction was being made from a "damage control" standpoint, as if to say,"well, Rick isn't actually his son..." since I had not heard RS referred to as the "adopted son" before all this came to light.

Alex - Yes, the same seems applicable in your case... I have also seen situations where "THE ADOPTED CHILD" suddenly was cast as an outsider in situations involving inheritance, or when that child became involved with the law or had psychological issues - there are those who would want to make sure everyone knows they are not blood relatives.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »

It is very possible that the fact he is adopted is a significant factor. The dynamics here are far from simple.

youngwarrior

« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »

From several sources on the internet.  At the time I knew RS I had no idea what TS was doing.  As for my use of the term "adopted" I did so because that was the way he was referred to in the articles I read.  At the time I worked with him at 3ABN I knew he was adopted.  It made no difference to me and as far as I know it made no difference to any of the Sheltons I knew.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2011, 03:17:14 PM »

Actually it did make a difference to a number of the family. It is not an insignificant factor.

From several sources on the internet.  At the time I knew RS I had no idea what TS was doing.  As for my use of the term "adopted" I did so because that was the way he was referred to in the articles I read.  At the time I worked with him at 3ABN I knew he was adopted.  It made no difference to me and as far as I know it made no difference to any of the Sheltons I knew.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Up