Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN sued over child molestation!  (Read 112541 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN sued over child molestation!
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2011, 07:42:56 AM »

Attorneys for 3ABN and myself appeared before the judge yesterday. The judge put in an order that my attorneys have 28 days to respond to then motion to dismiss. After that 3ABN has 14 days to respond to that.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »

What about Tommy?

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2011, 06:21:35 AM »

What about Tommy?

I am not positive, so I will not comment, don't want the other site making comments like they did last time.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »

The order does say, "Defendant Tommy Shelton to file his pro se appearance immediately."

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2011, 06:37:09 AM »

We filed a MEMORANDUM by Alex Walker in Opposition to motion to dismiss yesterday.
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »

Our response that was filed yesterday.
Alex L. Walker

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »

That is quite a comprehensive response.  Sounds like they have done this before!  What happens next, Alex?

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2011, 06:35:42 AM »

That is quite a comprehensive response.  Sounds like they have done this before!  What happens next, Alex?

3ABN has 14 day's to respond.
Alex L. Walker

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2011, 08:52:10 AM »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »

Yes, I thought that was a very good response, making important points such as this one:

The Complaint alleges that 3ABN protected Tommy Shelton rather than protecting children, and even made Tommy Shelton a regular fixture on its children’s programming.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »

The other site still seems confident that the court will 1.) dismiss it. 2.) Move it to the Southern Court.

I believe my attorney's made a good argument as to why neither should take place.

If any of them are more likely it would be the latter.
Alex L. Walker

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2011, 06:19:35 PM »

My personal opinion is that Alex has retained competent attornies who know very well what they need to  do.

I do not believed that the lawsuit will be dismissed.

If the Court should order a change in venue, I would consider that to be a minor obstacle that would not handicap the plaintiffs in a major way.

Johann

« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »

My personal opinion is that Alex has retained competent attornies who know very well what they need to  do.

If the Court should order a change in venue, I would consider that to be a minor obstacle that would not handicap the plaintiffs in a major way.

It appears that way.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2011, 07:11:48 PM »

So what can 3ABN hope to gain by their motion to dismiss? Even if the federal claim would be dismissed with prejudice, then Alex could just refile in state court. A change in venue really wouldn't mean a whole lot, would it?

But what a blow if their motion gets denied!

Johann

« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »

i have just listened to an hour long interview with a prominent mature woman and the mother of two daughters. She has just written a book about her experiences which I mean to get hold of very soon.

This woman was the oldest daughter of a bishop in the Lutheran Church and a great youth leader and very popular. It was not until her father was an old man some dormant memories came to life in this woman who has been a prominent teacher. Suddenly she realizes that her own father has transgressed against her from she was about 5 until she was 16. It was at 16 she suddenly realized that she had the power to chase her drunk father out of her room, and yet her father had brainwashed her to believe that she must never tell anyone what was going on between them, or something terrible would happen to her.  So she dismissed it from her memory.

Years later she agreed to accompany her mature parents on a tour through Canada and the United States when her father yields his demonic force on her once more. Then she starts waking up, also when other women complain to the church what the bishop had done to them from the time he was a young pastor.

When I listened to the story I heard again the story of Danny Shelton, of Tommy Shelton, of Alex, and of Linda Shelton.

Several things from the story of Mrs. Gudrun Ebba sounded almost verbally as if they were taken from posts on that other site where they are defending the actions of Danny and Tommy. People used very similar arguments as documentation that the bishop was innocent.

At an early stage the bishop had called his daughter's friends, and even authorities, warning them that his daughter might have problems giving a true rendering of events she had experienced.

The bishop was an old man when his daughter finally had the courage confronting him with his deeds. He took it all with great smiles asking her not to bring up her biased version of old family grievances.

She did not attend his funeral. . .

This is just from my memory as I heard her telling it. I will get hold of her book which has just been released.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up