Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Female Vice President in Danish Union  (Read 4461 times)

Johann

Female Vice President in Danish Union
« on: May 21, 2012, 06:36:40 AM »

When the president, Bjorn Ottsen, of the Danish Union was called to Newbold College as a Bible teacher, vice president, Thomas Muller, was appointed interim president.

Yesterday at Camp Meeting it was announced that a woman has been appointed as a vice president.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Female Vice President in Danish Union
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »

.....good to see some progress. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 04:36:19 AM »

There are many interesting items connected with this appointment. She was a schoolmate of my youngest son. She was a layman who took an active part in her local church, but she was employed by the local county. She is know for being a conservative in church matters.

Name: Line Nielsen, Age 45. Starts September 1, 2012.

In a short acceptance talk on Sabbath, May 19, she said: "My vision for us as individuals and as a church is that we see things more and more as God sees them. That is to say that we experience more and  more the fulfillment of His promises which become greater and greater. I will keep you in my prayers, and I wish you will think of us in your prayers."

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:40:21 AM »

So, what is her educational and ministry background?

Johann

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »

So, what is her educational and ministry background?

She is listed as having a Master of Public Health, conducting seminars, teaching, and writing articles on the healing power of prayer and devotion. People have appreciated her revealing how she uses her time traveling by train to work studying her Bible and talking with God.

Here are some of her subjects announced:

Meditation
Prayer
Fasting
Studies
Service
Worship
Simplicity

Experiencing blessings by following Christian discipline
Pages: [1]   Go Up