Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old 3ABN video has ...  (Read 11163 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Old 3ABN video has ...
« on: July 18, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »

Got a 3ABN video today that had a program on it hosted by Herald Follett. I was pleasantly surprised to see Duane Clem in the credits as cameraman and announcer, and to hear him making the announcement during the program. He sounded good.

But some of the other things on the video didn't sound so good.

More later, like maybe after my deposition sometime.

(Sorry for the cliffhanger.)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Old 3ABN video has ...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »

So, a cliffhanger of a video, but what's that about a deposition??

I assume you'll be letting us know about that, too?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:31:20 AM »

As it explains here, I've been commanded by Greg Simpson to drive 92 miles one way to be deposed tomorrow.

92 miles! Why couldn't it be closer?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:13:20 PM »

Cheer up, you got your mileage and witness fee!!! And think of what it cost 3ABN for two attorneys: Windsheild time to and from 4Hours; problematic deposition of Bob "the cucumber" Pickle, 10 hours. Total time 14 hours times $350/hour. Oh, Prep time to serve and prepare for the deposition of Bob "the cucumber" Pickle: Another ten hours for good measure. 24 hours times $350 per hours and the few stockholders in the pews left paid out $8,400 to perpetuate the pedophilia of Tommy Lee Shelton...and learn that, yes, they may be culpable for the sins of the Shelton Brothers...ain't over til it's over!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »

Bob "the cucumber" Pickle showed them up at the deposition, I think!

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »

Got a 3ABN video today that had a program on it hosted by Herald Follett. I was pleasantly surprised to see Duane Clem in the credits as cameraman and announcer, and to hear him making the announcement during the program. He sounded good.

Thanks for the kind words, Bob. Wow. There's a blast from the past. I had completely forgotten about doing the voice work on that program. "Talking About Jesus" if I remember correctly?
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 05:35:03 AM »

$350 per hour?  Is that all that he charges?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 06:36:15 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, Bob. Wow. There's a blast from the past. I had completely forgotten about doing the voice work on that program. "Talking About Jesus" if I remember correctly?

That sounds right. Melissa and Valerie Shelton were on that one, along with a girl from the NW sitting in between them.

$350 per hour?  Is that all that he charges?

See ¶ 11 on page 4 of http://www.3abnvjoy.com/mad-07cv40098/mad-07cv40098-doc-73.pdf#Page=4 where Simpson says that his customary rate is $300 an hour. That was before he moved to his current law firm. What he charges now, I don't know.

We've wondered if he moved to his current firm, taking our case with him, because Duffy wasn't happy that Simpson couldn't get our case to die. It was getting embarrassing as well for other reasons about that time, it seemed to us.

Do you think 3ABN is getting a good deal if that is all Simpson charges?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »

I don't see that as a particularly low hourly fee -- maybe average.  But I am thinking about what lawyers charge in the greater L. A. area and of course they can go higher that that.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 12:41:18 PM »

I don't see that as a particularly low hourly fee -- maybe average.  But I am thinking about what lawyers charge in the greater L. A. area and of course they can go higher that that.

Regarding higher lawyer's fees, there was a 2009 news item for LA lawyers involving federal litigation, copyright violations, and certain entertainment studios.

The breakdown of hourly fees for three lawyers working on the case ranged from $490 per hour to $765 per hour.

So, Bob, what do you think your legal skills are worth? 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »

Remember AToday's article about financial irregularities at 3ABN? It referred to a piano that a donor had contributed $15,000 to, which 3ABN then sold to Tommy for $2,000. 3ABN's 1998 IRS Form 990 records the sale of a piano for $2,000.

The 1991 video of a 3ABN broadcast I received showed Tommy playing a black Young Chang grand piano which he had personally picked out, and the piano Tommy had at Dunn Loring was also a black Young Chang grand piano.

Since Tommy used piano lessons to prey on boys, 3ABN's cheap sale of that piano to Tommy potentially facilitated his predatory activity.

The question is whether 3ABN knew Tommy was a pedophile. Did Danny know before the piano was sold to Tommy?

One thing I said at my deposition when asked who at 3ABN might have known was a story we were told, which showed that Danny would have known. That story was that Danny himself had once been targeted by Tommy when, as I recall, Danny was a teen. It would therefore be difficult for Danny not to have known about Tommy's problem.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »

That story was that Danny himself had once been targeted by Tommy when, as I recall, Danny was a teen. It would therefore be difficult for Danny not to have known about Tommy's problem.

I never heard about that story.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 08:21:05 PM »

The tape with Danny's interview of Tommy also contains a prayer request for Marshall Grosboll's family. He died on July 22, 1991. Therefore, I think the interview must have occurred soon after that.

In that interview it is stated that Tommy had resigned from his church after pastoring there for 18 years, and was uniting with 3ABN. He and his family were going to travel holding music programs, and getting church members to try to get 3ABN put on cable TV.

I noticed that while Danny said that one of Tommy's daughters and his wife didn't work at 3ABN, he didn't explicitly say that Tommy didn't work there yet. And really, the truth of the matter is that Tommy had to have already been working there. Remember Danny's infamous televised tribute to pedophile Tommy on Dec. 31, 2006? In that broadcast Tommy was said to have worked at 3ABN for 12 years. There's no way to come up with 12 years when you have a break from c. 1994 to 2001 unless he was already working there before 1991.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 08:29:44 PM »

Attorney fees:  We have a family friend who makes her  living working with complex litigation cases.  She sometimes hires as many as 30 attornies to work on the case.  She will not hire any attorney who charges less than $500 per hour as she believes that those who charge less do not have the experience and knowledge to work for her.

Her personal fee for people who want her advice is $3,000 per hour  People pay her fee. 

On a personal note:  She is well known in the community in which she works for being unavailable on the Sabbath.  On Sabbath she is in church and on occasion, teaching a Sabbath School class.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:37:58 PM by Gregory »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 09:21:37 AM »

The second tape advertised Tommy and his family appearing at five churches in five states out east from Sabbath, Sept.7 to Friday, Sept. 13. Those would be dates in 1991. This was followed by an excerpt from the early Aug. 1991 ASI convention where Bob Folkenberg thanked "the Danny and Tom Shelton" for their work in media.

Thus, as movements must have already been on foot to get rid of Tommy for his sexual misconduct, Danny was sending him off on the road without warning the churches Tommy was going to. Danny had a duty to inform those churches that Tommy was a dangerous guy. Or rather, he had a duty to not send Tommy out on behalf of 3ABN.

Did Tommy molest any children at these various churches he went to? Or did Carol watch him like a hawk to make sure he didn't?
Pages: [1]   Go Up