Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Adventist Forums and Websites  (Read 50545 times)

Ozzie

Re: Adventist Forums and Websites
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 10:49:29 PM »

I had no idea many of these web sites and forums even existed.

Have you been in hiding RedFalcon, or do you just come to life after work (your time) on Fridays? I know that people don't use the internet during work hours, so maybe you've just finished work for the week?
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

RedFalcon

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 11:01:45 PM »

TGIF.   Thank God Its Friday. Time to relax from a hard week.

Lil Star

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 10:07:26 AM »

clubadventist is over 2500 members with less than half of them posting.  Be careful when you go there, take a friend with you so they can watch your back.

:rabbit:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 04:05:56 PM »

clubadventist is over 2500 members with less than half of them posting.  Be careful when you go there, take a friend with you so they can watch your back.

I think that I'll just stay here. It's nice and safe.

Edited for double post.

Lil Star

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »

I think that I'll just stay here. It's nice and safe.

Edited for double post.

:amen:

I think you are right!
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

reddogs

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 06:52:28 PM »

Clubadventist has not responded to my registration request, I saw some others with the same issue. Does anyone know if they are actually letting in any members other than those that pay...?

Lil Star

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »

Edited because I have decided not to get sucked into anything. You make your own judgements on clubadventist.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 08:50:05 PM »

Clubadventist has not responded to my registration request, I saw some others with the same issue. Does anyone know if they are actually letting in any members other than those that pay...?

Clubadventist???????? Who are they???? Don't seem to have them on my list of places I want to visit. I guess the word 'club' turns me off. :dunno:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 08:57:02 PM by Chrissie »

reddogs

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 11:53:31 PM »

Clubadventist???????? Who are they???? Don't seem to have them on my list of places I want to visit. I guess the word 'club' turns me off. :dunno:

Yes, I had the same thought...

Here is their link:
http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

Here is what they have on their main page....

".....Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don’t see things the way you do. And don’t jump all over them every time they do or say something you don’t agree with – even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently. Romans 14.1: The Message..."

Ozzie

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 01:50:03 AM »

Yes, I had the same thought...

Here is their link:
http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

Here is what they have on their main page....

".....Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don’t see things the way you do. And don’t jump all over them every time they do or say something you don’t agree with – even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently. Romans 14.1: The Message..."

I can't see myself rushing to go there either. I'll stay where there are friends.
  :horse:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 07:56:54 AM »

If you are on the list of banned you won't be hearing. Otherwise there is no fee to register. The fee is to be able to enter the private forums such as Natter Matters. This is for the slams,"sensitive issues" and the knock down-drag outs.

It does have a large membership in numbers, but regular posters number 30?? or less on a good day.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 08:46:20 AM »

If you are on the list of banned you won't be hearing. Otherwise there is no fee to register. The fee is to be able to enter the private forums such as Natter Matters. This is for the slams,"sensitive issues" and the knock down-drag outs.

It does have a large membership in numbers, but regular posters number 30?? or less on a good day.

But it seems its only a temporary for 30 days, here below is what it said once I figured out how to get in with a different name, I must have logged in before using my regular 'reddogs' name and it ran out...

"30 days FREE then only $3.50 per month for FULL membership. Cancel at any time. "

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 08:52:25 AM »

But it seems its only a temporary for 30 days, here below is what it said once I figured out how to get in with a different name, I must have logged in before using my regular 'reddogs' name and it ran out...

"30 days FREE then only $3.50 per month for FULL membership. Cancel at any time. "

Full membership means the ability to get into Natter Matters and the other private forums.
But I am assumiimg you already knew this as you said...... I must have logged in before using my regular 'reddogs' name and it ran out...

Club Adventists does extensive advertising or as much as donations allow. Probably does not need this type of passive advertising
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Lil Star

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »

Bonnie, I am sure he is quite an active member when he goes there. I knew someone over there also that raised 'red dogs' as well. Strange that the same type of name is on both forums. But, that is just me. I have quite a sharp mind when I want to use it. Lately, I use it quite often. The more information one can get and remember, the better off they really are. The better they can stand up and be proud of who they are.  :thumbsup: :rabbit:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 10:14:14 AM »

Bonnie, I am sure he is quite an active member when he goes there. I knew someone over there also that raised 'red dogs' as well. Strange that the same type of name is on both forums. But, that is just me. I have quite a sharp mind when I want to use it. Lately, I use it quite often. The more information one can get and remember, the better off they really are. The better they can stand up and be proud of who they are.  :thumbsup: :rabbit:

This whole thing is getting downright silly, to say nothing of pathetic, IMO.
Registration on the other forum is pretty straight forward and not at all confusing as presented.  It is also pretty clear if you have been banned for a time or permanently, your registration will not be accepted. Of course you can register under another name which many do. Some have had up to ten different screen names, carrying on conversations with themselves. The straight forward approach always works the best anywhere.

Why anyone is so afraid to be known is beyond me. Even if it is under one fictitious screen name a poster becomes known for. To use a variety of names giving the impression of various people is more than suspect to me. I have noticed some here, registering under a different screen name, but step forward and say, My screen Name on another forum was such and such. Letting all know who they are and not presenting themselves as someone new.

It is well known that there is controversy and resentment towards adventtalk for allowing facts and opinions to be presented concerning 3ABN. Instead of all the subterfuge and pretense that the less than subtle jabs are taken in good clean fun, where is the backbone.

Instead of pretending ,Why not out with it,Put On Your Big Boy/Girl Pants. If an opinion is worth having, it is worth owning up to it. Quit pretending you are so horrified at what you have judged gossip and rumormongering" while doing same with less facts. Less facts than most here present to back up their opinion or statement .

If there is quality of content to a forum, it will grow without the malicious humor and the constant maliciousness brought up in numerous topics.

This  thread started I suspect for the sole reason of ending where it is at. A "passive" plug for C/A. Started by one, C/A introduced by same, questions on registering and suppossed confusion in doing so by same. Yet an admission that he was a member there and really should know.

What I find ironic is that here, C/A name can be brought up without fear of competition,yet on C/A if you even try to type in adventtalk,it changes it when you hit submit to ClubAdventist. You need to sperate the words to advent  talk.

So how about a little more direct approach. If you change screen names let it be known, do not use a different screen name and different set of values based on the forum you are on.

This is more than silly .If an opinion has any value whatsoever, Stand behind it. Otherwise this is nothing more than a game and your opinions have no more value than the time it takes to post
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:32:47 AM by bonnie »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up