Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stephen Bohr vs. Dwight Nelson  (Read 7682 times)

Johann

Stephen Bohr vs. Dwight Nelson
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »

I have been reading the 2nd quarter 2012 magazine of Stephen Bohr where he goes through Dwight Nelson's sermon on the ordination of women. In my estimation Bohr gives a clear picture of the difference in Bible interpretation, where I feel that Bohr is biased by 1) His Latin  American (Roman Catholic?) heritage and 2) By his association with authors whom the Neal Wilson administration warned the church against. You do not have to agree with me.

I was able to download Bohr's piece on Abode Reader, but I have not been able to transfer it to AT. Try to find him on Google.

To me Stephen Bohr is a new evidence against himself. Perhaps he might have a different influence on you?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Stephen Bohr vs. Dwight Nelson
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 06:38:45 PM »

Johann

Dedication

Re: Stephen Bohr vs. Dwight Nelson
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 09:36:17 PM »

Is this the one you are referring to?

http://secretsunsealed.org/Downloads/newsletter2Q12web.pdf

Just the picture shows the biased view.   
It implies that women are trying to be men.
That is a biased view.

Women can be totally feminine and still be teachers, doctors, and yes working in ministry.

Women can respect and look up to their husbands,  even if they are teachers, doctors or working in ministry.

The whole argument that the church has to follow the marriage paridigm is based on "leaps of logic".
If being in ministry means a woman no longer honors and respects her husband then it also means women in all the other professions that were once reserved mainly for men, no longer honor and respect their husbands.

Eph.  5:21   Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. 
 5:22   Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 
 5:23   For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he [Christ] is the saviour of the body. 
 5:24   Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
5:25   Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Christ is the head of the church.
Husbands are the head of their own wife and kids.

Pages: [1]   Go Up