Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro-WO movement moves goalposts again  (Read 18209 times)

SDAminister

Pro-WO movement moves goalposts again
« on: September 20, 2012, 09:28:12 PM »

For years, we've been told by the pro-evolution, anti-SDA education, anti-Ellen White, pro-ecumenical, pro-evangelical factions within the SDA church that program X or program Y or program Z was the panacea for every ill in the church.
You know those programs: Cell-churches, Natural Church Development, Alpha Courses, Purpose-Driven plans, Willow Creek training etc etc etc!

When each of these is brought in we're told "This is it! This is all we need to finish the work and take the gospel to the whole world!"
But did anyone notice what was missing from those programs? Well, I DID!!! ---Women's Ordination

I don't recall seeing that THOSE programs that THEY brought in had as a finishing of the gospel work an absolute requirement for the ordaining of women.
And yet now we have cackling from all quarters of the pro-WO crowd that the work cannot go forward without it! We are told that the Latter Rain will not fall unless this is done!

So my question: Why did the pro-WO lie to us all these years about these programs? Why was it never NCD plus WO will be the formula to finish the work? Why was it never Seeker-sensitive services plus WO to finish the work? Why was it never "Let's go paint our poor neighbor's house on Sabbath plus enact WO"?

Why NOW is it a must when it never was before?

SDAminister

Dedication

Re: Pro-WO movement moves goalposts again
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »

There is only one program that will work.

All the the others are just gimicks.

The only program that will work is when people seek the Lord in humble confession of sins, and earnest desire to serve Him.  Until God's people get serious about a total commitment to God and Savior, the latter rain will not fall, the light of the gospel will be hide under a lot of rubbish.

Personal, --whether women get ordained or not is not going to make that much difference, if there is no true commitment to Christ it's all nothing more than a bunch of policy and face changes in a lukewarm church, with people arguing over who has authority for whatever.

BUT if people get serious about a relationship with the Lord, and get down on their knees giving their lives over to HIM, willing to do His will -- then we will see the work move forward under the power of the Holy Spirit.

Battle Creek

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 01:23:44 AM »

It is interesting that the opposition to ordaining women is possibly the most common "doctrine" endorsed by as widely different religions as Islam, Buddhism, Orthodox Jews, Roman Catholics, Orthodox, Southern Baptists and 75% of Seventh-day Adventists. Could this become the common denominator which finally will lead all religions into one?

Hillary Clinton could be termed as the most powerful woman in the world today. She has stated: "Why extremists always focus on women remains a mystery to me. But they all seem to. It does not matter what country they're in or what religion they claim. They all want to control women."
It is not always men who are best adapted to the successful management of a church. —Manuscript Releases 19:56.{PaM 36.2}

SDAminister

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:16:45 AM »

It is interesting that the opposition to ordaining women is possibly the most common "doctrine" endorsed by as widely different religions as Islam, Buddhism, Orthodox Jews, Roman Catholics, Orthodox, Southern Baptists and 75% of Seventh-day Adventists. Could this become the common denominator which finally will lead all religions into one?

Hillary Clinton could be termed as the most powerful woman in the world today. She has stated: "Why extremists always focus on women remains a mystery to me. But they all seem to. It does not matter what country they're in or what religion they claim. They all want to control women."

The most extremist of all are the feminist organizations. They hate marriage; wifehood; motherhood; sex; families, and any profession that ONLY women are qualified to do. And they do encourage women to murder their own children.
There is no place for a woman demeaning enough but that a feminist won't lead them there.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »

And they do encourage women to murder their own children.
As in abortion?

Battle Creek

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »

The most extremist of all are the feminist organizations. They hate marriage; wifehood; motherhood; sex; families, and any profession that ONLY women are qualified to do. And they do encourage women to murder their own children.
There is no place for a woman demeaning enough but that a feminist won't lead them there.

It is not difficult to find an extreme, SDAminister, is it? You seem to know this branch much better than I do.

Just a few hours ago I received a phone call asking me to have the general lesson study in Sabbath School tomorrow. This means I have to delve still deeper into the lesson dealing with the Antichrist. I find this lesson fully in harmony with my faith and what our church has taught for more than a century.

Then I find a lesson study help which tells me that the lesson is way too extreme. This author  claims that we must not designate a fellow Christian as Antichrist, so therefore no pope could qualify as Antichrist.

There are quite a few reasons. The pope is definitely one of "our" strongest supporters against those unruly minority dissidents who insist the Scriptures tells them that a female minister could be ordained. Therefore "we" could never state the pope is anywhere related to Antichrist.

Is that how you would teach the lesson tomorrow to avoid being among the "extremes"?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:29:53 AM by Battle Creek »
It is not always men who are best adapted to the successful management of a church. —Manuscript Releases 19:56.{PaM 36.2}

SDAminister

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »

And they do encourage women to murder their own children.
As in abortion?

Yes

SDAminister

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »

It is not difficult to find an extreme, SDAminister, is it? You seem to know this branch much better than I do.

Just a few hours ago I received a phone call asking me to have the general lesson study in Sabbath School tomorrow. This means I have to delve still deeper into the lesson dealing with the Antichrist. I find this lesson fully in harmony with my faith and what our church has taught for more than a century.

Then I find a lesson study help which tells me that the lesson is way too extreme. This author  claims that we must not designate a fellow Christian as Antichrist, so therefore no pope could qualify as Antichrist.

There are quite a few reasons. The pope is definitely one of "our" strongest supporters against those unruly minority dissidents who insist the Scriptures tells them that a female minister could be ordained. Therefore "we" could never state the pope is anywhere related to Antichrist.

Is that how you would teach the lesson tomorrow to avoid being among the "extremes"?

The pope is the priest-king of the largest pagan religion in the world. His counterparts in the professed pagan religions of voodoo, animism, sun worship, Wiccans etc are little different. Catholicism and other religions all oppress women (and men, for that matter). Only Seventh-day Adventist Christianity is the true liberator of all people, regardless of gender. If that is deemed extremism, so be it.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:58:36 AM »

Hilary Clinton the most powerful woman in the world?

I'm pretty sure that Angela Merkel is more powerful that Hilary Clinton.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Battle Creek

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »

The pope is the priest-king of the largest pagan religion in the world. His counterparts in the professed pagan religions of voodoo, animism, sun worship, Wiccans etc are little different. Catholicism and other religions all oppress women (and men, for that matter). Only Seventh-day Adventist Christianity is the true liberator of all people, regardless of gender. If that is deemed extremism, so be it.

Thank you, SDAminister. It is interesting to see how you describe the church which dictated the wording of the KJV of the Bible to make it difficult to allow the ordination of anyone as priest who would not support the traditional hierarchy of the priesthood to do just what you have described so vividly.

SDAminister

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

Thank you, SDAminister. It is interesting to see how you describe the church which dictated the wording of the KJV of the Bible to make it difficult to allow the ordination of anyone as priest who would not support the traditional hierarchy of the priesthood to do just what you have described so vividly.

Moving the goalposts yet again? Here I thought it was "incontrovertible" that the Bible supported WO, now you're saying it doesn't? Hard to keep track of all these moving goalposts...

Battle Creek

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »

Hilary Clinton the most powerful woman in the world?

I'm pretty sure that Angela Merkel is more powerful that Hilary Clinton.

I didn't realize you considered Germany more powerful than the United States.

Battle Creek

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »

Moving the goalposts yet again? Here I thought it was "incontrovertible" that the Bible supported WO, now you're saying it doesn't? Hard to keep track of all these moving goalposts...

Nothing has changed at all. The false translation of the KJV, because it had to confirm with the traditional doctrine of the Church of England, on ordination, changes the original meaning of 1 Tim. 3. We have had this since 1611, just like the comma, which places the thief on the cross in heaven on the day he died. The translators were not to change the doctrines of that church you described so eloquently above. Even the Bible Societies give you that information.

SDAminister

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 07:21:21 AM »

Are you also in harmony with the church's teaching of more than a century (the same one you came into the church under) that women are not to be ordained to the gospel ministry?

Battle Creek

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »

Are you also in harmony with the church's teaching of more than a century (the same one you came into the church under) that women are not to be ordained to the gospel ministry?

I made a statement that is true. Then you, Mr. SDAminister, spread the field into a loaded question.

Your question is based on a presumption. Therefore you need to verify that your presumption is right.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up