Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You knew! Why then did you not tell us?  (Read 6488 times)

reddogs

You knew! Why then did you not tell us?
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:53:47 PM »

You knew! Why then did you not tell us?

The SOP tells us the following:

“In the visions of the night a very impressive scene passed before me. I saw an immense ball of fire fall among some beautiful mansions, causing their instant destruction. I heard someone say: “We knew that the judgments of God were coming upon the earth, but we did not know that they would come so soon.” Others, with agonized voices, said: “You knew! Why then did you not tell us? We did not know.” On every side I heard similar words of reproach spoken..”

Have Adventist made clear what is going to happen at the end, to the wicked and the saints. Or is the message been muddled or unclear? What does everyone think?

daylily

Re: You knew! Why then did you not tell us?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »

I often think of this quotation. I don't want to be one of those who is asked this question! We have 31 families on our road (about 3 miles)  and some other friends not far away. Most are Baptists or were raised Baptist and are not church-goers right now. We hope to send out an invitation to every one of them and invite them to a prophecy seminar this fall at our home. We would appreciate prayers!

But to answer your question, I don't think we can generalize, some Adventists are giving the warning, some are giving a muddled message. We need to ask ourselves, "What am I doing to warn those in my circle of influence?"

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:29 AM »

I think that's 9T 28. Read on to the top of 9T 29, and you'll see that God has called us to raise up memorials in every city and village on the planet. And elsewhere she made clear that a memorial is a physical building, whether church, school, publishing house, or medical institutions, perhaps small and simple, that is standing for the observance of the true Sabbath.

So the earlier dream that same night isn't just talking about not sharing with our friends and neighbours. It's also talking about not doing aggressive evangelism that results in planting churches in every city and viallage, even in North America.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »

How did things go last Fall?
I often think of this quotation. I don't want to be one of those who is asked this question! We have 31 families on our road (about 3 miles)  and some other friends not far away. Most are Baptists or were raised Baptist and are not church-goers right now. We hope to send out an invitation to every one of them and invite them to a prophecy seminar this fall at our home. We would appreciate prayers!

But to answer your question, I don't think we can generalize, some Adventists are giving the warning, some are giving a muddled message. We need to ask ourselves, "What am I doing to warn those in my circle of influence?"

daylily

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 03:42:36 AM »

It didn't happen. Mom ended up getting a buyer for her place. She had moved in with us two years ago. We spent all fall and winter so far sorting stuff from her two houses and cleaning. We have the house ready but the trailer/house and 4 other buildings are not completed. The closing on the house is Monday January 15. The buyers are my husband's cousin and her husband so we have time to do the rest of the stuff later on. It will be a vacation home for them so they are in no hurry about emptying the other buildings.

We are still plan to do this though! We have been studying and making plans and most of all praying for the right timing.

Thanks for asking about it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up