Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sky Angel Subscriptions  (Read 10712 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Sky Angel Subscriptions
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:16:27 AM »

Larry Ewing testified in September 2002 that part of the $618,000 of revenue from satellite system sales in 2001 came from Sky Angel subscriptions.

Danny testified that he didn't know how all that worked, whether 3ABN took in the money and forwarded it to Sky Angel or what.

3ABN's announced that as of December 2000, they were no longer selling Sky Angel subscriptions.

See the discrepancy? I don't quite understand this one.

Anyone have a 3ABN/Sky Angel contract from 2001 that I could see? Was 3ABN still selling those subscriptions in 2001 or not?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Sky Angel Subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »

Larry Ewing testified in September 2002 that part of the $618,000 of revenue from satellite system sales in 2001 came from Sky Angel subscriptions.

Danny testified that he didn't know how all that worked, whether 3ABN took in the money and forwarded it to Sky Angel or what.

3ABN's announced that as of December 2000, they were no longer selling Sky Angel subscriptions.

See the discrepancy? I don't quite understand this one.

Anyone have a 3ABN/Sky Angel contract from 2001 that I could see? Was 3ABN still selling those subscriptions in 2001 or not?

How about 2002 and 2003? If they ended their marketing agreement with Sky Angel in 2000, would that mean that we have three years of sales in question here?

And explain to me why the Chief Financial Officer would not know whether they were paying subscriptions to Sky Angel? You know, that sounds a bit "fishy" to me and may have been a deliberately evasive answer, a bit out of character for Ewing, don't you think?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 05:50:19 AM »

If someone could get to us a copy of their post-2000 3ABN contract that details the particulars about the Sky Angel subscription, that would be helpful.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:09:09 PM »

Well, wouldn't you know it. Start a thread on SkyAngel and out of the woodwork comes someone who tells you that at times 3ABN would take in subscriptions and orders and it would take months for 3ABN to remit it to SkyAngel. Some of it was apparently due to the turn times in dish deliveries from dishnet, but most of the time it was simply "cash flow management", according to sources. I am told that at times the number due to Sky Angel would be well into the six figure range.

And then there was the undercover operation to get banned programming and equipment into Canada...pretty good under cover special operations, if you ask me.  After all, we know that 3ABN, its officers and directors subscribe to the premise that the ends justify the means. Wait a minute, Ian, isn't that what Historic Adventists say about Jesuits?

Do I not understand that 3ABN takes no liking to the Jesuits? Hum, splain me?

Anyone want to add to this?

Gailon Arthur Joy

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:07:51 AM »

Well, wouldn't you know it. Start a thread on SkyAngel and out of the woodwork comes someone who tells you that at times 3ABN would take in subscriptions and orders and it would take months for 3ABN to remit it to SkyAngel. Some of it was apparently due to the turn times in dish deliveries from dishnet, but most of the time it was simply "cash flow management", according to sources. I am told that at times the number due to Sky Angel would be well into the six figure range.
H'mm ... that seems to be a not uncommon (and unethical, IMO) "cashflow management" practice. In times when interest rates are significant, it can mean significant extra cash for the company that manages "cashflow" that way. The corollary is, of course, that there are unwilling contributors to the "cashflow."
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up