Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the law from His mouth the Gospel of His grace?  (Read 9147 times)

sky

• (Not the same Sky at Maritime)
Is the law from His mouth the Gospel of His grace?
« on: May 08, 2008, 12:50:01 PM »

"The same word that spoke the universe into existence, which said to the earth, 'Bring forth grass,' speaks to us in the words of God's law. But this law is not a hard, lifeless decree, which weak mortals are to strive in vain to keep, while God watches them with a stern eye ready to taunt and punish them for failure; but we 'know that His commandment is life everlasting.' John 12:50. That word which says to us, 'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all your heart, and thy neighbour as thyself,' sheds that love abroad in our hearts just as the word of God brings forth the fruit in the plant, if we are willing to be as submissive to the voice of God as is the inanimate creation." E.G. Waggoner, The Gospel in Creation, p.103,104.

When I first understood what brother Waggoner was saying in the above statement, I was amazed. I had never heard this teaching in all the years I had been connected with Adventism.  In the light of the statement above, one can see why the title of his book is, The Gospel in Creation!

And as time went by, the Lord made me see that this was exactly what Mrs. White taught in the book Christ's Object Lessons, p.38 and in the book Education, p.126.

I have often posted this statement from Waggoner on other forums before and the statements from Mrs. White's books and yet to this day not one has commented on them.

Please read brother Waggoner's statement again and your feedback would be much appreciated. If what Waggoner says in that statement is true, our understanding of the law of God needs to change drastically. Of course, he is speaking of the law of ten commandments as it proceeds out of the mouth of God and not as merely engraved on stones or written with ink!

laval

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Is the law from His mouth the Gospel of His grace?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »

I shall be happy to comment. Brother Waggoner was careful, as was Mrs White, to use "God's Law" and did not use "God's Grace". There is a very good reason for this and that is that God's Law is Love at it's most refined and is the most delicate balance of mercy (what you call grace) and justice (the implementation of what we deserve). God's Grace is very conditional, contrary to current common belief...we must acknowledge our sinfulness, confess those sins and aply reformation by the complete surrender daily to the indwelling of the Spirit.

Waggoner nor Mrs White grants license to ignore the justice in favor of unlimited and unconditional grace. Christians that accept the indwelling of the Spirit have the Ultimate Sacrifice to cover their sins and has already paid our just reward, but we must surrender and maintain that connection with the Spirit or all is lost. It is like electricity and we must do our best to keep that current running currently in our lives to have the privilege of Grace.

Therefore, the Law of His Mouth is Love. Love is a delicate balance of mercy and justice...not just grace.

Gailon Arthur Joy
Pages: [1]   Go Up