Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: AWESOME ROCK  (Read 27303 times)

reddogs

Re: AWESOME ROCK
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 11:10:11 AM »

Does it really matter?  I saw the other day where hobie signed up on C/A as the same one. I suppose that is who it is here as well. I hope 'hobie' enjoys his/her visit here and participates in various forums.

Yes it matters as I said in another post I couldnt get in with my normal name so signed up as 'hobie' at C/A, I used that as my secondary name if someone already has my primary taken. So over the years I am signed up in many sites and forums as 'hobie', thus my concern.......

Your post is just a tad bit misleading it seems to me. You said...
Yes it matters as I said in another post I couldnt get in with my normal name so signed up as 'hobie' at C/A, I used that as my secondary name if someone already has my primary taken. So over the years I am signed up in many sites and forums as 'hobie', thus my concern.......

For all the years I have been reading C/A,I don't recall a user name of reddogs. Nor did you mention you had re-registerd as hobie on C/A. The closest user name on C/A to reddogs is redwood.  A man that raises red dogs and has many times posted almost verbatim your views and concerns over hearsy and gossip. But for a bit yet, redwood is not allowed to post on C/A. I would think redwood could honor his few days of "time out" by not re-registering under another name.
Perhaps over five years or so I have missed reddogs as a user name .

I am going to say it again, when I went to log in as 'reddogs' at C/A, I couldnt get in for some reason as it seems the 30 days may have been up and I didnt notice...

hobie

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »

Hobie, how did you come about with your 'hobie' user name?

I would think my reasons are the same as for most people. A user name usually depicts the interests and lifestyle of the party chooing it. No I did not sign up on C/A.

hobie

I get mine from my Hobie 16 Catamaran sailboat, as we used to have a sailing club with all the youth in church....

Whats the origins of yours if  I may ask...

It might be fun to have a whole topic as to why people chose their user name. The origins of my using hobie reflects an interest of mine. . I have many interests that I share with others as I get to know them and become  friends.
I try not to be to intrusive when replying to those I  have not come to know

hobie
That is fine my friend, no biggie, I will just have to adjust the user name at those sites so there is no confusion...

Red

It should not cause you undo concern as I am not signing up on other sites

hobie

reddogs

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

Hobie, how did you come about with your 'hobie' user name?

I would think my reasons are the same as for most people. A user name usually depicts the interests and lifestyle of the party chooing it. No I did not sign up on C/A.

hobie

I get mine from my Hobie 16 Catamaran sailboat, as we used to have a sailing club with all the youth in church....

Whats the origins of yours if  I may ask...

It might be fun to have a whole topic as to why people chose their user name. The origins of my using hobie reflects an interest of mine. . I have many interests that I share with others as I get to know them and become  friends.
I try not to be to intrusive when replying to those I  have not come to know

hobie
That is fine my friend, no biggie, I will just have to adjust the user name at those sites so there is no confusion...

Red

It should not cause you undo concern as I am not signing up on other sites

hobie

Thanks my brother...and if you ever want to go sailing let me know....

Red

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 01:21:38 PM »

For all the years I have been reading C/A,I don't recall a user name of reddogs. Nor did you mention you had re-registerd as hobie on C/A. The closest user name on C/A to reddogs is redwood.  A man that raises red dogs and has many times posted almost verbatim your views and concerns over hearsy and gossip. But for a bit yet, redwood is not allowed to post on C/A. I would think redwood could honor his few days of "time out" by not re-registering under another name.

I am going to say it again, when I went to log in as 'reddogs' at C/A, I couldnt get in for some reason as it seems the 30 days may have been up and I didnt notice...
Maybe you couldn't get in because you tried to sign in as 'reddogs' rather than 'redwood'?  :dunno:
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »

There is no 30 day limit on registration. Registration is free. The only limit is on private forums such as Natter Matters and that is 3.50 per month after the first thirty days
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 01:57:01 PM »

Maybe you couldn't get in because you tried to sign in as 'reddogs' rather than 'redwood'?  :dunno:

Who is 'redwood'..? ???

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 02:03:55 PM »

Who is 'redwood'..? ???

Impossible to say, I am not sure he always knows. I know what he presents.

He raises reddogs,the answer to everything is to forgive first, condmenation of those that may express an opinion as to wrongs being committed, aurgumentative,can never leave something best left alone. He loved to take little "snippets" of EW and use them in the worst possible light, Until finally stopped it seems.  Feigning ignorance as to what he was doing. Claims to be pretty much housebound due to physical diaabilities, yet loves hiking.
I know where he lives and what his wife does for a job outside the home,but haven't a clue who he really is
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 06:53:56 PM »

Does it really matter?  I saw the other day where hobie signed up on C/A as the same one. I suppose that is who it is here as well. I hope 'hobie' enjoys his/her visit here and participates in various forums.

What the heck! Lots of people have the same name! Don't think any name on the internet is reserved for any particular person. Some people make a fuss about nothing.

Lil Star

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »

I have to agree, what is wrong with someone signing up as hobie?  I dont see any concern to it. Everyone goes by a name. I have chosen one and have kept it to just that one because it refers to my mom and since I am her daughter, it only seems to fit that I be Lil Star of Del Star.  I have no worries as to who people think I am. I am the same under any forum. If the name is taken, well, when/if I ever run into that, then it was not meant to be that I sign up. I only use the one name. That way no matter where I go, people know who I am. I shine my little light the same here as I would anywhere.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

reddogs

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 07:22:17 AM »

I have to agree, what is wrong with someone signing up as hobie?  I dont see any concern to it. Everyone goes by a name. I have chosen one and have kept it to just that one because it refers to my mom and since I am her daughter, it only seems to fit that I be Lil Star of Del Star.  I have no worries as to who people think I am. I am the same under any forum. If the name is taken, well, when/if I ever run into that, then it was not meant to be that I sign up. I only use the one name. That way no matter where I go, people know who I am. I shine my little light the same here as I would anywhere.

Ok, how would you like it if someone signed up as Lil Star at the other Adventist forums and 'pretended' they were you........are you starting to see the problem......

hobie

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 07:38:03 AM »

Ok, how would you like it if someone signed up as Lil Star at the other Adventist forums and 'pretended' they were you........are you starting to see the problem......

I am not sure that I see the problem. I posted a picture of what I thought was some beautiful awesome art work and a outstanding tribute to our troops. How was that pretending to be you in your mind? As for  signing up on other adventist forums the problem would resolve itself. If a user name is taken your application is denied under that user name. It is possible I imagine that you hold the trademark to this name. If that is so please let me know and I will happily withdraw. From reading your previous posts and the limited number of my posts I see very little similarity.
After this, I will do my best to keep from entering topics where you have made your presence known. Keeping contact to the barest minimum or not at all should keep confusion down. You are known as reddogs here so that should prevent any conflict. You were here first and I will respect that and withdraw from any further contact with you

hobie

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 07:42:07 AM by hobie »

reddogs

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 07:50:58 AM »

I am not sure that I see the problem. I posted a picture of what I thought was some beautiful awesome art work and a outstanding tribute to our troops. How was that pretending to be you in your mind? As for  signing up on other adventist forums the problem would resolve itself. If a user name is taken your application is denied under that user name. It is possible I imagine that you hold the trademark to this name. If that is so please let me know and I will happily withdraw. From reading your previous posts and the limited number of my posts I see very little similarity.
After this, I will do my best to keep from entering topics where you have made your presence known. Keeping contact to the barest minimum or not at all should keep confusion down. You are known as reddogs here so that should prevent any conflict. You were here first and I will respect that and withdraw from any further contact with you

hobie

My brother,

I apologize for any misunderstanding, I wasnt saying that about you, just the potential of there being a problem if someone went to other Adventist websites and said 'I am Lil Star from Advent Talk' pretending to be Lil Star and starts breaking the rules and attacking the moderators etc.., so that has to be quickly checked. I post in a 'particular style' so most members I interact with know me well enough to tell if its me (no matter if I use 'hobie' or 'reddogs'......)

You have no quarrel with me my brother, and your picture is very nice... :thumbsup:

Your brother in Christ
Red

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:32:21 AM by reddogs »

Lil Star

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 12:39:53 PM »

My brother,

I apologize for any misunderstanding, I wasnt saying that about you, just the potential of there being a problem if someone went to other Adventist websites and said 'I am Lil Star from Advent Talk' pretending to be Lil Star and starts breaking the rules and attacking the moderators etc.., so that has to be quickly checked. I post in a 'particular style' so most members I interact with know me well enough to tell if its me (no matter if I use 'hobie' or 'reddogs'......)

In fact reddogs, I do not see a problem with that. As I have my own way of posting. My wording, my sentence structure, my personality will show through in my posts. If someone else wanted to say they were Lil Star then be it from me that they don't. That is their right. I have no license on the name. People will know who I am or am not by how I write or type or bring things to light or how I stand up or not stand up for things.

:rabbit:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 01:20:33 PM »

ADMIN HAT ON
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. LET IT GO. YOU ARE ACCUSING PEOPLE.
ADMIN HAT OFF.

reddogs

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 01:25:25 PM »

ADMIN HAT ON
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. LET IT GO. YOU ARE ACCUSING PEOPLE.
ADMIN HAT OFF.

Who are you warning as no one is being acused of anything. This is a issue on some of the forums where users come in with what we call a 'sock puppet' (secondary log in) that has a similiar user name as someone else and try to create issues or run havoc before the mods catch on. Its a well known issue....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:06:49 PM by reddogs »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up