Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: AWESOME ROCK  (Read 27304 times)

hobie

AWESOME ROCK
« on: May 13, 2008, 06:10:32 AM »

This is amazing!!!!!

I'm told that there is a huge rock near a gravel pit on Hwy.25 in rural Iowa.

For generations, kids have painted slogans, names, and obscenities on this rock, changing its character many times.

A few months back, the rock received its latest paint job, and since then it has been left completely undisturbed.

It's quite an impressive sight.
Be sure to scrolldown and check out the multiple photos.

Click on pictures for larger view

I thought the flag was draped over the rock, but it's not. It's actually painted on the rock too.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:18:07 AM by hobie »

reddogs

Re: AWESOME ROCK
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:15:08 AM »

Hobie, how did you come about with your 'hobie' user name?

Lil Star

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:33:50 AM »

Does it really matter?  I saw the other day where hobie signed up on C/A as the same one. I suppose that is who it is here as well. I hope 'hobie' enjoys his/her visit here and participates in various forums.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Lil Star

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:36:15 AM »

I like this rock. I think it is just awesome! I received this very same email and just did not know how to post it on the forum. HOW did you do that hobie?  Seems you have some 'skills' that I need to have as well.  :rabbit:
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

hobie

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:36:59 AM »

I would think my reasons are the same as for most people. A user name usually depicts the interests and lifestyle of the party chooing it. No I did not sign up on C/A.

hobie

hobie

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:39:07 AM »

I like this rock. I think it is just awesome! I received this very same email and just did not know how to post it on the forum. HOW did you do that hobie?  Seems you have some 'skills' that I need to have as well.  :rabbit:

It wasn't really skill. I just clicked on the pictures and hit save as to my picture folder. Then at the bottom of the post hit attach and picked the pictures I wanted

hobie

Lil Star

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 07:43:36 AM »

I am going to have to try that when I get home this evening from work. It sounds pretty easy in fact.  :rabbit:

I do hope you are enjoying yourself hobie.
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

reddogs

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 08:06:10 AM »

Does it really matter?  I saw the other day where hobie signed up on C/A as the same one. I suppose that is who it is here as well. I hope 'hobie' enjoys his/her visit here and participates in various forums.

Yes it matters as I said in another post I couldnt get in with my normal name so signed up as 'hobie' at C/A, I used that as my secondary name if someone already has my primary taken. So over the years I am signed up in many sites and forums as 'hobie', thus my concern.......

reddogs

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 08:07:46 AM »

I would think my reasons are the same as for most people. A user name usually depicts the interests and lifestyle of the party chooing it. No I did not sign up on C/A.

hobie

I get mine from my Hobie 16 Catamaran sailboat, as we used to have a sailing club with all the youth in church....

Whats the origins of yours if  I may ask...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:30:52 AM by reddogs »

Lil Star

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 08:11:02 AM »

Yes it matters as I said in another post I couldnt get in with my normal name so signed up as 'hobie' at C/A, I used that as my secondary name if someone already has my primary taken. So over the years I am signed up in many sites and forums as 'hobie', thus my concern.......

So, what is your primary name??? 
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

reddogs

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:14:27 AM »

So, what is your primary name??? 

Reddogs

Lil Star

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 08:29:33 AM »

If your primary name is reddogs then you have used your primary name and thus the needing to know what was behind 'hobie's' name shouldn't really matter. Maybe s/he doesn't want to reveal the reason. However, if I remember right, the reason was given as to how they came up with the name 'hobie.

Yep, I will repost what 'hobie' posted as to the reason behind the name.

hobie

To me, that should be the only reason needed. Don't you think?
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

hobie

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 10:15:10 AM »

hobie

I get mine from my Hobie 16 Catamaran sailboat, as we used to have a sailing club with all the youth in church....

It might be fun to have a whole topic as to why people chose their user name. The origins of my using hobie reflects an interest of mine. . I have many interests that I share with others as I get to know them and become  friends.
I try not to be to intrusive when replying to those I  have not come to know

hobie

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 10:19:34 AM »

Your post is just a tad bit misleading it seems to me. You said...

For all the years I have been reading C/A,I don't recall a user name of reddogs. Nor did you mention you had re-registerd as hobie on C/A. The closest user name on C/A to reddogs is redwood.  A man that raises red dogs and has many times posted almost verbatim your views and concerns over hearsy and gossip. But for a bit yet, redwood is not allowed to post on C/A. I would think redwood could honor his few days of "time out" by not re-registering under another name.
Perhaps over five years or so I have missed reddogs as a user name .

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:27:19 AM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 11:09:08 AM »

hobie

It might be fun to have a whole topic as to why people chose their user name. The origins of my using hobie reflects an interest of mine. . I have many interests that I share with others as I get to know them and become  friends.
I try not to be to intrusive when replying to those I  have not come to know

hobie
That is fine my friend, no biggie, I will just have to adjust the user name at those sites so there is no confusion...

Red
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up