Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Being Thankful  (Read 13751 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Being Thankful
« on: May 16, 2008, 04:10:37 PM »

We are going to have a new granddaughter in Sept. Quite unexpected, but so excited. makes an even dozen.
Name will be Emily Alexandra.
We thought our last little treasure,born in Russia,was to be our last. Mom and baby did not arrive till baby was eight months old. This one I get to spoil from day one. Three year old brother is so excited and sweet. If he is chilly he runs to get a blanket to cover mommy's tummy so baby Emily does not get cold.

We have been so blessed with 11 happy, healthy grandchildren. But after this ,I will be yelling enough now already
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Being Thankful
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »

Good for you, bonnie!!  Congratulations!!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:18:11 PM »

Thanks, we are really happy about it. Didn't expect to ever have another till the greats came along.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 05:34:05 PM »

Anyone game to try to help turn the tone around? My thankful list is endless.

My health is one. Came close to losing my life 4 years ago and now my health has never been better.
My husband began having strokes at an early age. Is now on SSI. Finding the right DR that identified the problem has left him stroke free for 4 years now.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »

My small home church. I can attend without fear. I am the last original member. This is the only church I have ever held membership in. Stopping to spend time with son,DIL and grandchildren after church.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 05:44:03 PM »

Family, for sure, is top on my list!!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 05:48:23 PM »

Something I never expected were  friendships I did not think possible on line. Ozzie, you were one of the first. When our life was in the tank and it seemd everyday a shoe would drop,there you were and have been ever since.
Another, a pastor, Sometimes we have locked horns,but I know is always there. Del Star left a big hole when she passed away. J. R.. Dubbed him the neandrathal, but has been a true friend.We just have to smooth out some edges J.R, but then you wouldn't be my favorite neandrathal

A few others that have become an important part of my life.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:59:12 PM by bonnie »

RND

• You are Israel
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 05:51:38 PM »

We are going to have a new granddaughter in Sept. Quite unexpected, but so excited. makes an even dozen.
We thought our last little treasure,born in Russia,was to be our last. Mom and baby did not arrive till baby was eight months old. This one I get to spoil from day one. Three year old brother is so excited and sweet. If he is chilly he runs to get a blanket to cover mommy's tummy so baby Emily does not get cold.

We have been so blessed with 11 happy, healthy grandchildren. But after this ,I will be yelling enough now already

Congratulations Bonnie! New bundle of joy gift wrapped by the Lord!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

Emma

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 09:34:42 PM »

Congratulations indeed, Bonnie.

And that is quite something to still be in your original church, though I guess tinged with some sadness if you have had to say good bye to
a lot of the former members who have moved or passed away.

(I have 5 granchildren, 4 from one of my four kids, so waiting for certain others to get themselves into gear LOL.  But of course thankful for every one I have.)

Do you think that as we get a little older, we become more thankful for the blessings we have - perhaps more aware of them?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 09:59:25 PM »

Congratulations indeed, Bonnie.

And that is quite something to still be in your original church, though I guess tinged with some sadness if you have had to say good bye to
a lot of the former members who have moved or passed away.

(I have 5 grandchildren, 4 from one of my four kids, so waiting for certain others to get themselves into gear LOL.  But of course thankful for every one I have.)

Do you think that as we get a little older, we become more thankful for the blessings we have - perhaps more aware of them?

Yeah, have had many funeral services for family members and friends over the years. Went to grade school there in the church basement. We had a 50th reunion a few years ago and the turnout was great. Strange how you can get attached to an old building. I feel about as permanent as one of the bricks.

When the kids get into gear be careful. It seems they just keep coming. :ROFL: But we are thrilled with little Emily. The ultrasounds are phenomenal. maybe to busy when younger to realize just how much you have

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »

Congratulations Bonnie. What joy you can enjoy with 11 'grandee's and another on the way. Please keep us up to date.

Ozzie

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:41:15 PM »

Something I never expected were  friendships I did not think possible on line. Ozzie, you were one of the first. When our life was in the tank and it seemd everyday a shoe would drop,there you were and have been ever since.

So true Bonnie. I never thought that I would find 'true friends' on line, but all those years later, you're still there, and so is Lil. There is a real void, where Del Star used to be. Just no one quite like Del (except Lil is walking in her mother's footsteps, as far as friendships go).

So much to be grateful for. Family, friends, the freedom to worship in public, without fear of persecution. A roof over our heads. Meals each day. My husband of 48 years. Too many blessings to even start counting. Our children born 'whole', without deformities. So much we take for-granted. Can't forget our little Ginger cat, who curls up on our bed each night. :purr: Indeed, we have so much to be thankful for.
:amen:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 11:12:51 PM »

So true Bonnie. I never thought that I would find 'true friends' on line, but all those years later, you're still there, and so is Lil. There is a real void, where Del Star used to be. Just no one quite like Del (except Lil is walking in her mother's footsteps, as far as friendships go).

So much to be grateful for. Family, friends, the freedom to worship in public, without fear of persecution. A roof over our heads. Meals each day. My husband of 48 years. Too many blessings to even start counting. Our children born 'whole', without deformities. So much we take for-granted. Can't forget our little Ginger cat, who curls up on our bed each night. :purr: Indeed, we have so much to be thankful for.
:amen:

Chruch today was such a treat. Have never seen anything quite like it. A relatively new member was helping to lead out in song service and had her two little ones with her. A little girl about four and her brother about three.
One sone was chosen, my favorite,Power in The Blood. Those two little ones took it and ran with it. especially the little girl. She just belted it out. For one so little she could really carry a tune already. It was so funny, by the end of the first verse, bit by bi the congregation quit singing and by the end the two little ones were still bringing down the rafters.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 01:08:00 AM »

Chruch today was such a treat. Have never seen anything quite like it. A relatively new member was helping to lead out in song service and had her two little ones with her. A little girl about four and her brother about three.
One sone was chosen, my favorite,Power in The Blood. Those two little ones took it and ran with it. especially the little girl. She just belted it out. For one so little she could really carry a tune already. It was so funny, by the end of the first verse, bit by bi the congregation quit singing and by the end the two little ones were still bringing down the rafters.

Isn't it inspiring when we see little ones 'taking it away', as they sing with all their hearts andsouls? Dear little kids. Praise God for them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up