Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Berlin Parents List Baby On Ebay  (Read 12455 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Berlin Parents List Baby On Ebay
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:02:59 PM »

German Couple Loses Custody of 7-Month-Old Son After Posting Him on eBay for $1.60
Saturday, May 24, 2008

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,357945,00.html

BERLIN —  Authorities in southern Germany have taken custody of a 7-month-old boy after his parents posted an ad on eBay offering to sell him for one euro, or about $1.60.

Police spokesman Peter Hieber says the baby was placed in the care of youth services in the southwestern Allgaeu region.

Hieber said on Saturday that the mother told police the Internet ad was only a joke. Authorities have begun an investigation into possible child trafficking against the parents.

No offers were made for the child in the two hours and 30 minutes the ad was posted. The Internet auction site deleted the posting later.

Several people who saw the ad alerted police.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:09:26 PM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ozzie

Re: Berlin Parents List Baby On Ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:34:43 PM »

I don't think that I'd be treating it as any joke.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Emma

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 01:27:33 PM »

It might change the parents' perception of what is funny too, in the future.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »

I did that to my poor husband one time. Can't imagine doing it with a child with so many baby abductions.

My husband and I were a little upset with one another. Obviously it was all his fault :ROFL: He didn't see the humor in it when I told him tho. I had put in the description, one used and slightly abused huband.

Started getting way to many hits so took it down
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ozzie

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »

I did that to my poor husband one time. Can't imagine doing it with a child with so many baby abductions.

My husband and I were a little upset with one another. Obviously it was all his fault :ROFL: He didn't see the humor in it when I told him tho. I had put in the description, one used and slightly abused huband.

Oh Bonnie
I could just imagine you doing that too.  :ROFL: I hadn't thought of it, though there's been many a time I've felt like 'disposing' of him (especially when we were younger). Too much trouble now and better the devil you know...
  :oops:
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »

Oh Bonnie
I could just imagine you doing that too.  :ROFL: I hadn't thought of it, though there's been many a time I've felt like 'disposing' of him (especially when we were younger). Too much trouble now and better the devil you know...

Oh the thought of training another in. Don't know if I have the stamina anymore for that. As I can barely remember life without him I suppose I better keep him unless I can fetch a good price :ROFL:

Ozzie

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »

Oh Bonnie

Oh the thought of training another in. Don't know if I have the stamina anymore for that. As I can barely remember life without him I suppose I better keep him unless I can fetch a good price :ROFL:

:ROFL: Yes. It takes too much time and effort training them. 48 years so far in our case.  :ROFL: Don't think I'd much like starting all over again.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »

Oh Bonnie

:ROFL: Yes. It takes too much time and effort training them. 48 years so far in our case.  :ROFL: Don't think I'd much like starting all over again.

46 years for me last Mach. Feels like I got married right out of kindergarden. You give me hope, another two years and maybe the training will be complete :ROFL:

JohnH

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 12:00:26 AM »

I don't guess that was too funny, no -- but it reminds me of something else I got in e-mail that was....  (attached)
Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe His prophets, so shall ye prosper. -- 2 Chronicles 20:20

Ozzie

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 12:18:20 AM »

I don't guess that was too funny, no -- but it reminds me of something else I got in e-mail that was....  (attached)

:ROFL: :purr: :ROFL:
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up