Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspect Shoots Bride and Groom at wedding  (Read 10813 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Suspect Shoots Bride and Groom at wedding
« on: May 26, 2008, 10:57:45 AM »

Kind of a bizarre way to begin your life together. Everythin from here on out should be pretty boring

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,358106,00.html

LITTLE ROCK, Ark.  —  An apparent stranger shot the bride, groom and two other people at an outdoor wedding in rural Arkansas, then was arrested after being chased by outraged guests, a sheriff's official said Sunday.

The wedding was just ending Saturday when the suspect approached with a 9 mm pistol and opened fire, Pope County sheriff's Lt. Aaron DuVall said. No one else was hurt.

About 50 people, including children, had attended the ceremony along Piney Creek north of Dover at a spot the lieutenant said was popular for picnicking and swimming. Dover is 64 miles northwest of Little Rock.

The suspect "was not associated with the wedding at all," DuVall said. "No one knew him."

Police arrested Patrick Paul Duvall, 29, after a he was chased into a Russellville restaurant parking lot, said the sheriff's lieutenant, who is not related to the suspect.

DuVall declined to identify the four people who were injured, but he said the bride, groom and a third victim remained in the hospital Sunday. One victim was treated and released.

Without the victims' names, it wasn't possible to get information from hospitals on the patients' conditions.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ozzie

Re: Suspect Shoots Bride and Groom at wedding
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »

I reckon so. But... who needs that kind of excitement to start a marriage?
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »

I reckon so. But... who needs that kind of excitement to start a marriage?

Bet it is the most exciting day either have had so far.  Be hard to have an excitng encore after that. When I saw the caption I immediately thought "daddy" might not have apporved of the wedding and took matters into his own hands

At least it sounds as if they are going to be all right.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Knight

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »

That will be a tale they can tell their children at bedtime. I am glad no one was killed.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »

Now here is an example of where you suspend civil rights and take no prisoners!!!

That man who shoots to kill innocent citizens, with loads of eye witnesses, did not deserve to be taken alive let alone ten years of trial and appeal. When one suspends the rights of others with this kind of behaviour, it is appropriate to suspend his rights and make certain he never has the opportunity to harm man nor beast ever again.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Freeindeed

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »

That will be a tale they can tell their children at bedtime. I am glad no one was killed.
Good to hear that nobody was killed.  It would be interesting to know how this couple describes their marriage in 10 years.  What a story!
Freeindeed

So if the Son makes you FREE, you will be FREE INDEED. Jn 8:36

So Christ has truly set us FREE. Now make sure that you stay FREE, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law. Gal 5:1
Pages: [1]   Go Up