Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN pays attorneys to play games  (Read 14685 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
3ABN pays attorneys to play games
« on: June 17, 2008, 05:37:54 AM »

Greg Simpson sent me a CD on Friday that was supposed to contain non-confidential, non-privileged documents responsive to my Requests to Produce. His cover letter specifically says that they are supposed to be responsive to Requests 8, 22, and 34.

19 documents comprising 199 pages. But three documents are duplicates of three of the others, so we've really got 16 documents comprising 173 pages.

7 of the 16 are speaking calendars, and the other 9 look like excerpts of video catalogs.

But where did I ask for any of this in those requests? And where are the non-confidential 3ABN World's that I asked for?

It makes you wonder about Simpson, doesn't it?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: 3ABN pays attorneys to play games
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:39:26 AM »

Bob,

Maybe you and Gailon should do the same thing when they ask things of you. :D

Johann

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »

Is anybody serious in this case? Is it all a big joke?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »

Bob,

Definitely think you should do that!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Fair Havens

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 01:09:03 PM »

Greg Simpson sent me a CD on Friday that was supposed to contain non-confidential, non-privileged documents responsive to my Requests to Produce. His cover letter specifically says that they are supposed to be responsive to Requests 8, 22, and 34.

19 documents comprising 199 pages. But three documents are duplicates of three of the others, so we've really got 16 documents comprising 173 pages.

7 of the 16 are speaking calendars, and the other 9 look like excerpts of video catalogs.

But where did I ask for any of this in those requests? And where are the non-confidential 3ABN World's that I asked for?

Bob,

Is anybody serious in this case? Is it all a big joke?

What's the role of the judge in all this? Isn't someone opening themselves to contempt charges here? How do the pro-se attorneys enforce compliance? :o

=====

Edited to separate original post from quoted posts.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:27:49 PM by Daryl Fawcett »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 07:14:11 PM »

You shall see.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »

Here we have a frivolous lawsuit conceived in retaliation against blowing the whistle on an alleged pedophile. A ministry that purportedly believes in keeping the commandments pays the bills.

Has Garwin, Denzil, Donna, or other ASI leadership come out against this waste of God's resources for such a despicable, ungodly cause?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 06:32:18 PM »

I believe anyman has brought up Gregory Simpson's name, and indicated he thought him more believable than me.

I noticed in the filing he did this week in Minnesota that he used a copy of Jerrie Hayes' affidavit, the one that claims that we got 2500 additional pages when it was really only 250.

I pointed out this problem to both he and Jerrie on June 4 and/or 5, and he filed the affidavit uncorrected on June 18. Why would he do a thing like that? Why would he file an affidavit that he knew was wrong?

I couldn't do a thing like that. My parents taught me to tell the truth, and I just couldn't file an affidavit that I knew contained bogus information, unless I made it clear that it contained errors.

What does Garwin think about the lawyers in the law firm he used in the past, when they do stuff like this? What does he think of Duffy invoking non-existent common law copyright in his nasty January 30, 2007 letter?

I think we need to hear from Garwin at some point that he thinks lawyers have to always tell the truth and always be above board, or else people will eventually think that he doesn't mind such antics at all.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »

I agree.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 11:09:33 PM »

Dream ON!!! DO any of you really believe Garwin McNeilus ever hired a lawyer to tell the truth??? Has anyone noticed they are LAWYERS???

Garwin's problem is that he believed Danny and now Danny is found WANTON!!! Now Garwin has to extract himself, undamaged, from a very difficult mess and somehow save McNeilus face. Not impossible, but nearly so!!!

Unfortunately, it is not my job to make it any easier. And Simpson cannot help much either.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »

Dream ON!!! DO any of you really believe Garwin McNeilus ever hired a lawyer to tell the truth??? Has anyone noticed they are LAWYERS???

Garwin's problem is that he believed Danny and now Danny is found WANTON!!! Now Garwin has to extract himself, undamaged, from a very difficult mess and somehow save McNeilus face. Not impossible, but nearly so!!!

Unfortunately, it is not my job to make it any easier. And Simpson cannot help much either.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Good point, Gailon.

I feel that Garwin McNeilus needs to do more than just save face.  He is responsible for moral support and I am assuming financial support for a lot of Danny's actions, even after the time that he had adequate warning of what was wrong.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 01:15:06 PM »

What did Jesus really mean when he stated that it is difficult - although not impossible - for the rich to enter into the kingdom?  Is it easier for the rich to get a dispensation? Are lawyers needed to achieve that status? Does it have anything to do with that which makes it difficult to get through the eye of a needle?
Pages: [1]   Go Up