Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for Blue Mountain Television Sharathon  (Read 38004 times)

Johann

Re: Prayer for Blue Mountain Television Sharathon
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »

More from Walla Walla:

Johann, they are still on today and tomorrow.  I hope she is vindicated soon and that a beautiful job will be found for her either at LLBN or Hope Channel.  Please pray that BMT will get the 120 thousand dollars they need, a huge amount since by last evening they had only nearly 15 thousand by 9 p.m. Tuesday, their second day.  Tough times, hate to see BMT shut down since they really don't have the money and need quite a lot to meet the Feb deadline of going to digital which is quite expensive.  Pray that people will be impressed locally to dig deep. --

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »

Sounds like a good cause to be promoted here at Advent Talk. :thumbsup:

Johann

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 10:17:35 PM »

When Linda had to leave for another preaching appointment, they were still counting the donations, and they were then past $200.000 - thank God.

Habanero

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 11:07:45 PM »

When Linda had to leave for another preaching appointment, they were still counting the donations, and they were then past $200.000 - thank God.
Pretty good. The fundraiser she did earlier this year also took the organization well past their projected donations. Not bad for a lady on whom 3ABN tried their best to stamp the infamous red letter of their malicious lies. It appears that their power of destruction isn't as absolute as they thought it was.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 04:11:10 AM »

This action on their part of trying to squelch these type of Linda Shelton's activities really bothered me from the beginning, and still does, therefore, I am glad this one wasn't successfully squelched.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 06:59:13 AM »

If 3ABN is in bad need of finances, they could consider asking Linda Shelton to do a fund raiser for them.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 07:32:36 AM »

If 3ABN is in bad need of finances, they could consider asking Linda Shelton to do a fund raiser for them.

From my read of the Pacer documents for the 3abn Motion for Voluntary Dismissal and Oral Arguments, it seems that 3abn's finances have returned to normal.  The affidavits did mention, though, that one of the considerations for asking for a voluntary dismissal of the law suit was that both you and Gailon were in bad financial condition, making it unlikely that they could collect any damages.  Does one have to be a non-profit in order for Linda to do fundraising for them?  If not, perhaps you and Gailon  might consider asking Linda Shelton to do a fund raiser for you.  That way, if you and Gailon really don't want them to drop this law suit, perhaps 3abn would reconsider the motion to dismiss.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Habanero

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 08:06:52 AM »

From my read of the Pacer documents for the 3abn Motion for Voluntary Dismissal and Oral Arguments, it seems that 3abn's finances have returned to normal.  The affidavits did mention, though, that one of the considerations for asking for a voluntary dismissal of the law suit was that both you and Gailon were in bad financial condition, making it unlikely that they could collect any damages.  Does one have to be a non-profit in order for Linda to do fundraising for them?  If not, perhaps you and Gailon  might consider asking Linda Shelton to do a fund raiser for you.  That way, if you and Gailon really don't want them to drop this law suit, perhaps 3abn would reconsider the motion to dismiss.
I seem to recall that there is a requirement when filing a federal suit of the sort that 3ABN filed requiring that the plaintiff have a reasonable expectation of recovering a minimum amount of $50-75,000 or something like that. Gailon? Bob? Is my recollection anywhere close to accurate there? If so, I would think that their statement in the motion to dismiss opens them up to some action in that they would have demonstrated that they did not meet the federal requirements in filing, and filed for something that they did not have a reasonable expectation of recovering.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »

I think it is more than $75,000.

At any rate, no proof has been offered by them that donations have returned to normal. And personally, I don't see how that can be true. I've heard otherwise. The economy is hurting. Amazing Facts had to cut about 1/3 of their staff. Even conferences are finding things challenging right now.

3ABN needs to prove what they have asserted regarding donations declining and being back up.

GN, do you understand what that scoundrel Danny Shelton is asking the court to do in his motion? He's asking the court to allow him to sue us again if he so chooses. Do you think that is a righteous thing for him to ask for? Once ought to be enough. But no, not for Danny Shelton. He wants to leave everything unresolved and wide open. That is utterly unacceptable, and yet more evidence that he is totally unfit to head a major supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »

I seem to recall that there is a requirement when filing a federal suit of the sort that 3ABN filed requiring that the plaintiff have a reasonable expectation of recovering a minimum amount of $50-75,000 or something like that. Gailon? Bob? Is my recollection anywhere close to accurate there? If so, I would think that their statement in the motion to dismiss opens them up to some action in that they would have demonstrated that they did not meet the federal requirements in filing, and filed for something that they did not have a reasonable expectation of recovering.

Federal Jurisdiction requires that your claim be in excess of $75,000, that the parties have diverse jurisdiction, in other words, from various states. The other Federal Jurisdiction is that an action raise a constitutional question (as in US CONSTITUTION).

Yes, Habanero, you have correctly noted the Motion to Dismiss clarifies, under oath, that the lawsuit had a frivolous purpose and was very clearly a misuse of process.

There are defendants who would eat their heart out for such a perfect demonstration of their ill purpose...and add to that they knew the evidence would crucify them and the entire gameplan was to hadcuff the defense production process. Bad gamble...now it is time to call
the chips!!!

Remember that statement Danny was so famous for regarding rolling the stone...something about being careful as it may roll back onto youself? Did he not think the law of God applied to himself as well as everyone else?

Trust that annswers your question, Ms Habanero.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »

I was talking to a lawyer friend here about this.  He told me that, in his opinion, the court probably wouldn't look favourably towards 3ABN and Danny Shelton for wasting the court's time.  He also felt that both 3ABN and Danny Shelton wouldn't be very well thought of by the public for launching the lawsuit and then seeking it to be dismissed.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »

I was talking to a lawyer friend here about this.  He told me that, in his opinion, the court probably wouldn't look favourably towards 3ABN and Danny Shelton for wasting the court's time.  He also felt that both 3ABN and Danny Shelton wouldn't be very well thought of by the public for launching the lawsuit and then seeking it to be dismissed.

Did your friend weigh in on what he thought the public would think of Bob and Gailon should they fight to keep 3abn from getting the law suit dismissed after complaining so much about it being filed in the first place and repeatedly calling on them to drop it?

It will be interesting to see just how the court will view the actions of all.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2008, 06:42:57 PM »

Did your friend weigh in on what he thought the public would think of Bob and Gailon should they fight to keep 3abn from getting the law suit dismissed after complaining so much about it being filed in the first place and repeatedly calling on them to drop it?

As I see this, it seems Danny has not really asked for a dismissal of the case.  It sounds like he wants to just stretch it out and come back to do it again after all is quiet.  To me it is a cowards way to get rid of Bob and Gailon temporarily, so they can wait until they have greater than $75,000, and then sue again.

This is nothing but an attempt to extend on his terms.   Or, maybe his lawyers see nothing to gain in representing him anymore?  I am sure the lawyers are reading all the evidence.  Things don't look too good for Danny/3ABN.

Emma

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2008, 06:47:46 PM »

As I see this, it seems Danny has not really asked for a dismissal of the case.  It sounds like he wants to just stretch it out and come back to do it again after all is quiet.  To me it is a cowards way to get rid of Bob and Gailon temporarily, so they can wait until they have greater than $75,000, and then sue again.

This is nothing but an attempt to extend on his terms.   Or, maybe his lawyers see nothing to gain in representing him anymore?  I am sure the lawyers are reading all the evidence.  Things don't look too good for Danny/3ABN.

You certainly did not come down in the last shower, Fran. :thumbsup:

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »

1) I DEFY YOU TO FIND A SINGLE STATEMENT FROM ME COMPLAINING THAT THEY FILED SUIT;\
2) I DEFY YOU TO FIND A SINGLE STATEMENT REGARDING MY CALL FOR 3ABN TO DROP THE LAWSUIT!!!

Exagerating again, grandma?

Another thing, a dismissmal without prejudice and specifically reserving the right to file suit in the future, is simply a truce so they can buy time to bring a new suit and be certain they can eliminate the records before they do.

And, grandma Nettie, the traditional legal gamebook for an action such as this would be to file our own Motion to Dismiss shortly after being served...didn't you wonder why we did not file a Motion to Dismiss??

Think about it, Grandma, I have NEVER suggested we should dismiss theses miscreants and instead opted to wage a war of continual engagement designed to slowly but surely encircle and batter away at the evidence until we had a no lose case based on the highest possible standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt" and to get that information into the court record carefully and meticulously throughout the litigation.

There problem was that they were out of ways to keep us from getting what we were seeking and they were running into financial problems making the perpetual litigation just too expensive.

The judge in Southern Illinois was quite inciteful and made a point of notong that it was clear what had happened: We found issues and sources, they tried to stop us with their "live" programs, we put the information on the internet and they then filed suit to stop us. He noted this was Goliath vs David and told them it was clear that 3ABN had thought we would capitulate within a few months, but here we were nearly two years later still finding stones for the slingshot!!! They clearly miscalulated and we were entiotled to the docuemnts we sought.

I guess Goliath has decided to go home before he loses his head!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up