Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for Blue Mountain Television Sharathon  (Read 37177 times)

guide4him

Prayer for Blue Mountain Television Sharathon
« on: October 04, 2008, 12:16:21 PM »

For those who are able to watch BMTV on Cable tv in the Walla Walla valley there will be a Fall Sharathon hosted by Dan Matthews and Linda Shelton. Musicians from Rogers Elementary School, Walla Walla University, Walla Walla Valley Men's Chorus, and others, are scheduled to appear. Join us as we "Lift Up the Trumpet" and share the wonderful stories of how BMTV is ministering Christ's love to others.

Times are between Monday to Thursday, Oct. 20-23, 6-10 pm.

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: Prayer for Blue Mountain Television Sharathon
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »

Praise God!  The Lord is blessing!  However, I wonder who will be there to stop the program! 

Johann

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:21:33 PM »

I just received this from a friend at Walla Walla:

Johann, I have good news, just noticed this in our bulletin today:
Oct 20-23 our local Blue Mountain Television Sharathon will be hosted  by Dan Matthews and Linda Shelton...

Please pray that something good will happen for Linda Shelton.  Dan Matthews is now in charge of media for Loma Linda Broadcasting Network.  She needs to be vindicated and placed where her talents can be used.  By the way, Dan supported Gospel Outreach not long ago when they used Linda in their special program here in town.  From what I hear it was Walt Thompson who talked an hour to Dick Madson and tried his utmost to stop them from using Linda.. . .

There is still need for prayers that what happened last time will not be repeated.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:42:03 PM »

As this involves Linda Shelton and subsequent posts here have connected this to the issue of 3ABN, this thread has been moved into the 3ABN forum.

This is all the more reason to pray for this, as requested in the OP.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:46:32 PM »

From what I hear it was Walt Thompson who talked an hour to Dick Madson and tried his utmost to stop them from using Linda.. . .

If this is true, then this speaks volumes against the leadership of 3ABN, namely their board chairman, and backs up the earlier claims of such continuing harrassment against Linda Shelton.  Can this be verified by others there? :wave:

Emma

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 08:37:41 PM »

If this is true - and I have absolutely no way of knowing whether it is or is not, except that I find Johann's information to be accurate  - how despicable, so many years
after the event.  Even if Linda had done what she was accused of doing, (and I have not seen any proof of that) surely a person should be permitted to get her life back on track.

Johann

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 08:56:12 PM »

If this is true - and I have absolutely no way of knowing whether it is or is not, except that I find Johann's information to be accurate  - how despicable, so many years
after the event.  Even if Linda had done what she was accused of doing, (and I have not seen any proof of that) surely a person should be permitted to get her life back on track.

I can only say that this comes to me from a local source.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »

It's true and more.

And in the note to Johann that he posted, the Dan mentioned is not Dan Shelton - it's Dan Matthews, just in case someone might have gotten the idea is was Dan Shelton.  I know for certain how some BOD handled themselves that weekend. Talk about despicable..
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Emma

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 10:16:13 PM »

I am not asking about the sources, I assumed that if Johann posted the information he was satisfied with its reliability.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 07:17:40 AM »

This could very easily be verified with Dan Matthews himself.

I also now wonder what Dan Matthews feels about all of this?

guide4him

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 09:55:30 AM »

From what I understand I don't think BOD of 3ABN has any leverage to threaten BMTV because BMTV supports HOPE Channel not 3ABN.

JMHO

Johann

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 01:47:21 PM »

I understand from people at Walla Walla that BMTV used to carry some 3ABN programs, but more than a year ago they decided to switch completely over to HOPE. 3ABN does have a relay station in the area, which does not always function, I'm told.

Wendall

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »

I think one should relax about 3ABN/BOD interfering with the program with Linda. that of course assumes the program is scheduled as stated.  If they do , they leave themselves open to potential tort claims of Interference with Existing Contractual Relations and/or Interference with Prospective Contractual Relations, Defamation, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress and possibly False Light in the Public Eye. There are punitive damages involved in these claims=that means lots of potential money if a suit is won. They can not be that foolish. I would like to know the facts of the previous Walla Walla encounter.  Time will tell.

=====

Edited to change from BOB to BOD, which was noted as a typing error in a later post. - Daryl Fawcett, Administrator.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:09:49 AM by Daryl Fawcett »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 05:13:42 AM »

To prevent misunderstanding, you  meant 3ABN/BOD rather than 3ABN/BOB, right?

Wendall

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 05:30:45 AM »

You are 100 per cent correct. It should have said BOD meaning Board of Directors. I am sorry that that was misspelled implying something that was never intended. I do spell check but that was just  a dumb oversight. :oops:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up