Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray that Danny Shelton accepts the 3 angels' messages  (Read 17261 times)

Habanero

Re: Pray that Danny Shelton accepts the 3 angels' messages
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »

Yeah, I know about the pompous. Where was I?? Didn't know. Had never watched 3ABN.  There is no excuse for asking others to contact national media. Let them do it.

instead of sitting comfortably back on their haunches and issuing armchair judgements. No good deed goes unpunished, and it is usually people who will do no risky deeds at all who cheer on the punishment of those who do.

Had the behaviour been ethical,many issuing armchair judgements would have continued to help.

Who is cheering on the punsihment of anyone except Bob. Bob wants to heap it on thru the media as many as he can reach apparantly.Or I should say he wants others to reach so he can say he was contacted

Had the behaviour been ethical? Many of those armchair judges were doing nothing back before Bob and Gailon, and what have they done outside of Bob and Gailon's crusade? They are not bound by Bob and Gailon. Again, they are doing nothing but attacking that tactics of a few people who are at least trying. also, you may opine that it is not a good thing for people who are being fooled, fleeced, or otherwise victimized to find out about it, but a good many people will strongly disagree with you on that.

And yes, many have cheered 3ABN on in their punishment of Bob and Gailon. You have too.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:05:16 PM by Habanero »

Habanero

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 04:55:44 PM »

I am not saying that people should feel obligated to do anything, I am just saying that even if one doesn't like their tactics, at least two guys have taken the risk of sticking up for people when most people haven't and wouldn't. That is commendable.

Johann

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »

I am not saying that people should feel obligated to do anything, I am just saying that even if one doesn't like their tactics, at least two guys have taken the risk of sticking up for people when most people haven't and wouldn't. That is commendable.

Amazing what a couple of per se non professional lawyers have accomplished, in spite of a lot of ridicule and fault finding.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 05:02:21 PM »

Had the behaviour been ethical? Those armchair judges were doing nothing back before Bob and Gailon, and what have they done outside of Bob and Gailon's crusade? They are not bound by Bob and Gailon. Again, they are doing nothing but attacking that tactics of a few people who are at least trying.

And yes, many have cheered 3ABN on in their punishment of Bob and Gailon.

As some have cheered Bob and Gailon on,to the point of accepting some of the same they were fighting.

Are they trying and it is accepted because it is not the official SDA org. but an independent ministry???
Are they concerned about abuses of power and corruption in thei own conferences and higher??
You didn't answer but maybe you don't know.

Would this be going on and would Bob be calling for volunteers to call the media in hopes of getting media attention if we were talking about Jan Paulsen?? Would we be ready to call the National Enquirer,expecting payment and then sicing them on Jan Paulsen.... I tihnk not, and I don't think based on past experience that Daryl would allow that. If it is selective corruption and abuses of power is what is going on then it is nothing more than getting even.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 05:05:43 PM »

And yes, many have cheered 3ABN on in their punishment of Bob and Gailon. You have too.

That isn't quite true. I did say that I thought that LS,DS,Bob and Gailon deserved one another.
I have always thought 3ABN guilty of many things.
There is nothing to cheer
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 05:09:15 PM »

When it gets to the point that Bob wants the little minions to contact the media so bob can have his day of fame, it is hardly commendable.

You still haven't answered, neither has Bob or Daryl. Would this be happening,would there be a desire to get any and all of the National Media because a scandal surrounding Jan Paulsen became known.
NOT A CHANCE. And then the corruption fighters become as bad as the corruption they are fighting

Habanero

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 05:15:04 PM »

IMO you have certainly exhibited some glee in what you thought would happen to Bob and Gailon in court. That is usually what can be expected when someone tries to help others when it carries risk to do so. The people who won't do anything at all seem to be like chickens with one that is wounded.

Again, you can keep right on attacking Bob and Gailon for doing what they can under the circumstances they are in, but I will say it again, and you may be right in some of your criticisms, but at least they have stepped out and taken the risk of actually doing something. They have stood up to a bully of a man and an organization that has been known for crushing people and took them on with the full knowledge that they would probably be crushed too. They did this to help and defend a few people who almost everyone else passed up.

(change in red)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:22:14 PM by Habanero »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »

If you do some searching at Maritime, I think you will notice that things are not as stringent there in this area as they used to be. :wave:

If you notice, there was even a time when these 3ABN topics and discussions were not even permitted at Maritime until after it became apparent what was happening and that what was happening was coming from very reliable people and could be documented. :wave:

Habanero

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 05:19:54 PM »

When it gets to the point that Bob wants the little minions to contact the media so bob can have his day of fame, it is hardly commendable.

You still haven't answered, neither has Bob or Daryl. Would this be happening,would there be a desire to get any and all of the National Media because a scandal surrounding Jan Paulsen became known.
NOT A CHANCE. And then the corruption fighters become as bad as the corruption they are fighting
I can't answer for Bob and Daryl, but I will answer for myself. If Jan Paulsen did what Danny did and used the SDA church in the manner that Danny used 3ABN as a personal weapon against individuals with whom he had personal issues, I most certainly would care to see that he and the church were exposed everywhere in the world that the church operates, on every form of media available. The people being evangelized into a vile organization like that would deserve to know.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 05:24:31 PM »

I agree with Habanero, but only after all other avenues have first been tried, as was done in the case of DS/3ABN.

Habanero

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »

I agree with Habanero, but only after all other avenues have first been tried, as was done in the case of DS/3ABN.
I agree. That is just a given.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 05:31:54 PM »

Are you saying that if my family was in the situation it was when our paths first crossed you would now support instead of giving every EW and biblical text to show me how wrong my family was.
We didn't even have a denial, simply never was a question?

A short time ago Ginge did her best to acquaint others to a serious problem. It was barely acknowledged.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »

[/quote]

You can be as right as can be, but if you lose your own ethics and integrity along the way,sometimes you can't get that back

Habanero

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 05:40:47 PM »

You can be as right as can be, but if you lose your own ethics and integrity along the way,sometimes you can't get that back
[/quote]
That could be. IMO, the act of attacking people who are at least trying to do something when one will do nothing themselves reflects a significant loss of integrity and ethics. It is easy to attack people for how they do something without coming up with and enacting a better alternative themselves.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

That could be. IMO, the act of attacking people who are at least trying to do something when one will do nothing themselves reflects a significant loss of integrity and ethics. It is easy to attack people for how they do something without coming up with and enacting a better alternative themselves.

There is always a better alternative to calling people trash and having no value.  It can be easy to attack someone that is trying to right a wrong. Trust me, I know that one a lot better than most.
It wasn't and isn't the fact that they exposed 3ABN,it is the tactics.
The pretense. What others look at or object to is usually not what bothers me. I have a very dear friend on here that I think I confuse at times.
Calling others trash is bad enough,but very little objection to that. I have come to know a couple of people that have received the brunt of Gailons railing at them, invoking God's wrath. They are pretty decent human beings, they simply still have faith in DS and what he says. They do not deserve to be verbally lashed.
Bob and his pretense is another factor. I could not just accept his word. To many dances around a post.
One topic is a good example. "Explosive New Charges" made to sound as if artiste just stumbled across this new revelation. Poppycock. Pretty obvious that was staged and just another attention getter.
Why not be just up front and say,Look at this, what do you think?
Minor things like that. I don't have any interest in wading thru to find what is true and what I don't think is.

It is never big lies or exaggerations that bother me. It is the little ones that don't make any sense and are unnecessary
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up