Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN denies Gospel Outreach contract for 2009  (Read 14282 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN denies Gospel Outreach contract for 2009
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »

It seems a shame to use the Lord's tools to satisfy one's one vengeances, especially when the Lord Himself says "Vengeance is Mine"...

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 01:41:31 PM »

I wonder who else got the great heave ho?

RBF

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 07:56:35 PM »

If that is the main reason why 3ABN did what they did in not renewing their contract with GO, then I agree completely that Linda Shelton's participation shouldn't have made one bit of difference.

Under what circumstances did 3abn have the right to threaten GO's future air time if they should air the feature with Linda?  Under what circumstances should Linda Shelton's participation "have made one bit of difference"?  The answer is none whatsoever.  If 3abn is willing to threaten to do the unethical then why should we doubt whether they would act out the same lack of ethics?  We either treat people fairly, impartially and with brotherly kindness in the church or we are not Christians.  Are we on the same team or not?

While Neville Chamberlain and so many other time-serving politicians gently appeased Hitler and rejoiced in his promises of peace, Winston Churchill had long before identified Hitler as a liar and a thug whose promises were worthless.  Furthermore, in Mein Kampf, Hitler clearly revealed his malignant hatred for the Jews.  Yet, when news of German atrocities began to leak out of eastern Europe, many, duped by the apparently impressive accomplishments of Hitler's early years and having bought into his image as a German Messiah, could not bring themselves to accept the reality of those reports.  Are we repeating history?  The evidence is in.  Let us not be afraid of calling evil what it is.  Danny Shelton/3ABN may maintain a sanctimonious appearance but Jesus warns us, "Judge not according to the appearance but judge righteous judgment."  John 7:24

Back to lurk mode,
RBF

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »

That is nothing when this all started, they made each and every show retape the shows with Linda in them.  That kind of vindictiveness is what sent up the first red flag for me.

Under what circumstances did 3abn have the right to threaten GO's future air time if they should air the feature with Linda?   Under what circumstances should Linda Shelton's participation "have made one bit of difference"?  The answer is none whatsoever.  If 3abn is willing to threaten to do the unethical then why should we doubt whether they would act out the same lack of ethics?  We either treat people fairly, impartially and with brotherly kindness in the church or we are not Christians.  Are we on the same team or not?

While Neville Chamberlain and so many other time-serving politicians gently appeased Hitler and rejoiced in his promises of peace, Winston Churchill had long before identified Hitler as a liar and a thug whose promises were worthless.  Furthermore, in Mein Kampf, Hitler clearly revealed his malignant hatred for the Jews.  Yet, when news of German atrocities began to leak out of eastern Europe, many, duped by the apparently impressive accomplishments of Hitler's early years and having bought into his image as a German Messiah, could not bring themselves to accept the reality of those reports.  Are we repeating history?  The evidence is in.  Let us not be afraid of calling evil what it is.  Danny Shelton/3ABN may maintain a sanctimonious appearance but Jesus warns us, "Judge not according to the appearance but judge righteous judgment."  John 7:24

Back to lurk mode,
RBF
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

CPAATTY

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 01:49:34 PM »

The first questions that came to mind mind were;

Is Gospel Outreach a member of ASI?

If so, do they receive funding from ASI?

If so, will their funding be dropped like Mable Dunbar's was for working with Linda?

Does anyone know if Fran received answers to any of these questions?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »

Good greif!  If you want to talk to me just say so!  You have been gone for such a long time.  I see your name and my heart melts with a desire to talk!  Oh yes, how would anyone here know if anyone answered me or not since it is not posted publicly?  How does it feel to want to know something?   I am just too tired to go into it right now, but maybe in another time and place? 

The first questions that came to mind mind were;

Is Gospel Outreach a member of ASI?

If so, do they receive funding from ASI?

If so, will their funding be dropped like Mable Dunbar's was for working with Linda?

Does anyone know if Fran received answers to any of these questions?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »

CPAATTY here doesn't sound like the same CPAATTY from BSDA. I think irspro here is CPAATTY from BSDA.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »

I think you are right, Bob.  I think our CPAATTY may have multiple personalities.  And I am not convinced our CPAATTY is a CPA or an attorney.

CPAATTY here doesn't sound like the same CPAATTY from BSDA. I think irspro here is CPAATTY from BSDA.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »

Can't be!  So what?  I was having such fun. 

I don't have a clue who is who or what is what!  I could care less who was who at BSDA or here. My name is Fran folks.  Nothing, more nothing less. 

I will post what I want, when I want, and everyone else can blow their nose for a while or run for the hills!

Those who chose to deceive others and use them, suck period! 

Just call me Fran the abused, again!  When you look for me, I will be the one with a big U on the forehead!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 05:44:10 AM »

As I do not want to further disrupt what is being discussed about this in another thread, I looked for and discovered this thread, therefore, I am going to post the following here that I read at another site:

I would agree with all you have explained here, but add that according to my understanding part of the problem with Linda being on the platform, which caused the GO/3ABN board members concern was due to the fact that the program was to be recorded and broadcast by 3ABN. I know that 3ABN provided free air time to Gospel Outreach in addition to their contracted time but do not know if this was one of those times. They were within their rights to broadcast or not broadcast anyone they choose, especially an employee they had let go.

I also think Johann was somewhat confused, or maybe I am, but I thought the fundraiser LS participated in was a different one broadcast on the Hope channel??
The Hope channel can of course broadcast or not broadcast anyone they choose also.

Can anybody speak to that here, especially Johann?

Johann

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 06:34:23 AM »

This note from GO makes it clear. It does not mention technical problems but "personal issues."

This came in the mail from Gospel Outreach

"The Gospel Outreach Adventures in Missions video program will not be aired on 3ABN in 2009. After Gospel Outreach's 14 years of continuous broadcasting with cordial relations, we were informed that our contract for 2009 has been denied--apparently due to personal issues.

At Gospel Outreach we have always been unclear how much the 3ABN broadcast generates in revenue. This denial of viewing opportunity will perhaps reveal how much our $46,800,00 expense yearly on 3ABN impacts our incoming donations. It may be possible that this amount will be used more profitably elsewhere.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. You can still view Adventures in Missions on Hope. LLBN and SAFE networks. See the scheduling in the monthly newsletter. We are planning to be on video network streaming soon, and will announce when this is completed, so you will be able to access Adventures in Missions from your own computer."

This announcement brings up some questions and issues.

One question is "Did 3ABN/Danny Shelton make a mistake in denying GO a new contract?"

Another question is, "Now that GO is not under contract with 3ABN anymore will GO air that program of Dan Matthews interviewing Linda Shelton?"

Remember last Spring when three 3ABN BOD contacted GO and threatened GO if they aired the Walla Walla City church Sabbath afternoon program that featured Dan Matthews, Linda Shelton and various local artists, that they would deny future air time. From what I understand GO was not intimidated. But they withheld airing the program until the time the Lord gives them the OK to do so. Looks to me that the time is now.

Just my humble opinion.

Johann

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 06:45:32 AM »

This may answer - at least partly - the question Daryl Fawset raises. As far as I recall there were three 3ABN board members who tried to talk GO out of using Linda. I did talk to one of those three some time after this happened, and he did not deny what they had done. He further said he thought Linda and I should appear before the board of 3ABN trying to make an appeal to the board of reconsidering. He further told me that his health did not permit him to take part in the next board meeting. We have not received any invitations since then.

When Linda Shelton participated at their fund raising meetings some time ago the board of 3ABN tried to get the director of Gospel Outreach to stop Linda from participating. GO still went ahead, hoping to collect around $90.000 for their work. They received over $200.000, and there were strong indication people gave more because Linda took part in the program. But Danny Shelton has not forgiven them for using Linda. . . Who says the issue is outdated? When will his hatred come to an end?

guide4him

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 07:56:15 PM »

I have been away from this forum for a long time due to heath issues which are being corrected.
Checking out the last note someone mentioned that 3ABN charges nothing to GO. This is a false statement. From my sources they did have to pay. They pay large sums of money to each program or station that airs GO. So the attitude was "not using 3ABN to air GO program probably saved them a lot of money". Looks to me that $46,800.00 is not free.

"This denial of viewing opportunity will perhaps reveal how much our $46,800,00 expense yearly on 3ABN impacts our incoming donations. It may be possible that this amount will be used more profitably elsewhere." GO magazine.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 02:54:11 AM »

3ABN is not free!

In fact, some people pay far more to produce infomercials!  Remnant's programming is that exactly!  Push those books.  Push the EGW iPods!  $399.00!  3ABN does everything to get every body's money.  What do they do with it!  They charge people to be on the air.  So they aren't producing much!

I saw 3ABN with all the BIG ones on 3ABN telling how 3ABN is greater than the Adventist church.  They say they will never leave the truth to teach evolution, but yet the denomination allows our institution to teach untruths!  They reassured viewers that they would never let that happen at 3ABN!

Then they mentioned that all the church wants to do is control like they did with 3ABN years ago!  But NO,  Danny knew the church would lead to weakening the foundations of our faith!  Sick, sick, sick!

I see zero where they are spreading the gospel to a dying world!  They only are a money mongers.  They keep the foundational truths!  Yet they have Danny the adulterer and the thief!  Oh, but they are so HOLY.  What a crock!  Sorry folks.  They really are evil!  The liars of the faith!  I am so sick of Danny's and his crew's lies!

I will never send them one cent. 

This Sabbath I had a surprise visit from a couple that I knew before they got married.  I have a lot of experience in grants and loans for education.  The two met and fell in love.  He was frantic to get to the college she attended.  He was wild not knowing what to do!

I sat down with him and filled out all the paperwork for the college to get him a grant and scholarships for the school year.  It was late summer and he just knew the paper work would not be in time for the start of the up coming semester.  They got there and he was accepted that day!  He made it to school a few days before the year began.  When ever they are in town they always come by to see me.

This time they came in and told me a story that astounded them.  They were traveling through Indiana and Illinois and stayed at a motel or hotel.  They needed a garbage bag so they both went to the desk.  They were telling them they did not want any services for the Sabbath because they were Seventh-day Adventist.  Then the lady went crazy talking very, very bad about Danny Shelton.  He was everything dirty in the book!  She said she was a relative and knew exactly who Danny was and he was NOT a Christian at all! 

The couple didn't even mention 3ABN!  They do not even own a TV!  They were shocked that the words "Seventh-day Adventist" sent her off on such a tangent.  They also did not like her language.  I laughed!  I told the couple that the lady was right on!  They said they had heard some bad things about the finances and about him committing adultery!  It confirmed to me the word is out there!

God, please let them hear it all and soon!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 10:54:55 AM »

I saw 3ABN with all the BIG ones on 3ABN telling how 3ABN is greater than the Adventist church.  They say they will never leave the truth to teach evolution, but yet the denomination allows our institution to teach untruths!  They reassured viewers that they would never let that happen at 3ABN!

Then they mentioned that all the church wants to do is control like they did with 3ABN years ago!  But NO,  Danny knew the church would lead to weakening the foundations of our faith!  Sick, sick, sick!

Fran, are you saying that they said this on the air? When?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up