Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN denies Gospel Outreach contract for 2009  (Read 14284 times)

guide4him

3ABN denies Gospel Outreach contract for 2009
« on: December 30, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »

This came in the mail from Gospel Outreach

"The Gospel Outreach Adventures in Missions video program will not be aired on 3ABN in 2009. After Gospel Outreach's 14 years of continuous broadcasting with cordial relations, we were informed that our contract for 2009 has been denied--apparently due to personal issues.

At Gospel Outreach we have always been unclear how much the 3ABN broadcast generates in revenue. This denial of viewing opportunity will perhaps reveal how much our $46,800,00 expense yearly on 3ABN impacts our incoming donations. It may be possible that this amount will be used more profitably elsewhere.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. You can still view Adventures in Missions on Hope. LLBN and SAFE networks. See the scheduling in the monthly newsletter. We are planning to be on video network streaming soon, and will announce when this is completed, so you will be able to access Adventures in Missions from your own computer."

This announcement brings up some questions and issues.

One question is "Did 3ABN/Danny Shelton make a mistake in denying GO a new contract?"

Another question is, "Now that GO is not under contract with 3ABN anymore will GO air that program of Dan Matthews interviewing Linda Shelton?"

Remember last Spring when three 3ABN BOD contacted GO and threatened GO if they aired the Walla Walla City church Sabbath afternoon program that featured Dan Matthews, Linda Shelton and various local artists, that they would deny future air time. From what I understand GO was not intimidated. But they withheld airing the program until the time the Lord gives them the OK to do so. Looks to me that the time is now.

Just my humble opinion.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN denies Gospel Outreach contract for 2009
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:01:09 PM »

That's very interesting but certainly not surprising.  It will be interesting to see how this impacts GO's financial results.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get the word out to potential donors to support GO instead of 3ABN...

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:56:04 PM »

Sam;

Read the above, and please think about what I said about your ministry!

Johann

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 10:12:52 PM »

This might be a good time for other ministries to withdraw from 3ABN and use the other TV channels exclusively
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:16:21 PM by Johann »

Johann

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 03:06:49 AM »

When Linda Shelton participated at their fund raising meetings some time ago the board of 3ABN tried to get the director of Gospel Outreach to stop Linda from participating. GO still went ahead, hoping to collect around $90.000 for their work. They received over $200.000, and there were strong indication people gave more because Linda took part in the program. But Danny Shelton has not forgiven them for using Linda. . . Who says the issue is outdated? When will his hatred come to an end?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 07:11:25 AM »

I call this development utterly unethical and an abuse of power.

Whether or not GO had Linda Shelton participate should not make one bit of difference as far as their contract goes.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »

If that is the main reason why 3ABN did what they did in not renewing their contract with GO, then I agree completely that Linda Shelton's participation shouldn't have made one bit of difference.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »

The first questions that came to mind mind were;

Is Gospel Outreach a member of ASI?

If so, do they receive funding from ASI?

If so, will their funding be dropped like Mable Dunbar's was for working with Linda?

WillowRun

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »

Mable Dunbar and Gospel Outreach will get my donations from now on.  Thanks for the enlightenment!  I will copy and paste this and send it on my SDA friends.

This came in the mail from Gospel Outreach

"The Gospel Outreach Adventures in Missions video program will not be aired on 3ABN in 2009. After Gospel Outreach's 14 years of continuous broadcasting with cordial relations, we were informed that our contract for 2009 has been denied--apparently due to personal issues.

At Gospel Outreach we have always been unclear how much the 3ABN broadcast generates in revenue. This denial of viewing opportunity will perhaps reveal how much our $46,800,00 expense yearly on 3ABN impacts our incoming donations. It may be possible that this amount will be used more profitably elsewhere.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. You can still view Adventures in Missions on Hope. LLBN and SAFE networks. See the scheduling in the monthly newsletter. We are planning to be on video network streaming soon, and will announce when this is completed, so you will be able to access Adventures in Missions from your own computer."

This announcement brings up some questions and issues.

One question is "Did 3ABN/Danny Shelton make a mistake in denying GO a new contract?"

Another question is, "Now that GO is not under contract with 3ABN anymore will GO air that program of Dan Matthews interviewing Linda Shelton?"

Remember last Spring when three 3ABN BOD contacted GO and threatened GO if they aired the Walla Walla City church Sabbath afternoon program that featured Dan Matthews, Linda Shelton and various local artists, that they would deny future air time. From what I understand GO was not intimidated. But they withheld airing the program until the time the Lord gives them the OK to do so. Looks to me that the time is now.

Just my humble opinion.

Respectfully,

Willow

christined

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »

Gospel Outreach is one of my favorite programs.  I am just glad that we can view it on HOPE an LLBN.  Actually, I hardly ever watch 3ABN anymore.  So sad that things are going the way that they are.  And this probably belongs on another thread, but the 3ABN defenders who were saying that there  were not many viewers on Adventtalk better look at their list of viewers.  When I have gone to that site, there is only one guest and no members viewing and that guest was me.  I usually see members and guests on this site.

Johann

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 04:47:15 PM »

The first questions that came to mind mind were;

Is Gospel Outreach a member of ASI?

If so, do they receive funding from ASI?

If so, will their funding be dropped like Mable Dunbar's was for working with Linda?

Good questions, Fran, and yet they lead to another serious question: To what extend does the Seventh-day Adventist Church depend on the same financial sources as ASI and 3ABN? Do we trust more in money than in our Creator?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 08:21:34 PM »

Since that is the only conceivable reason they are punishing such a noble ministry, I believe it is high time to return the unsanctified favor...Linda Shelton and others damaged should file appropriate damage claims and take the 3ABN Board and its miscreeant directors, et al to the cleaners. And again, I, for one, shall be happy to offer my services for free to any lawsuite against these less than honorable pharisees!!!

This is a board and management that so self righteous, THEY STILL HAS NOT LEARNED THE TRUE SOURCE OF THEIR PROBLEMS...IT IS FROM WITHIN...they can pour all the money from their personal fortunes they can muster, it will not keep hypocrisy from ultimately faltering. Just too many self made landmines for them to continue unscathed. Their time is not afar off.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

If that is the main reason why 3ABN did what they did in not renewing their contract with GO, then I agree completely that Linda Shelton's participation shouldn't have made one bit of difference.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 08:24:34 PM »

Johann;

This has long been the norm within the Adventist Church.  From the church board to the General Conference Executive committee!  Those that pay for the project get the power.   Many with big bucks give big, but never let go of it.  They hang on until it does what they want and not what is voted.

I have sat on boards where one member never came until there was something they opposed or wanted.  Then they give their speeches about their thoughts.  Everyone sat there and finally say, "Yeah, I guess that would be OK!"  Then again there are some that let the money go the minute it hits the plate!  They were rich, faithful, and spiritual and still let the money go and let God do His will.

I live on a fixed income, but I sent the balance I had left to Mable Dunbar's Polly's Place and Gospel Outreach.  Be careful, there is another Gospel Outreach out there that is somebody that left the Adventist church.

This is the correct link I think!   http://www.goaim.org/  (Gospel Outreach Adventures in Missions). I left a message of why I was giving.

My next donations go to the legal fund and Linda Shelton's ministry and Hope TV as always!!  

Mable Dunbar donations to Polly's Places can donate at http://www.pollysplacenetwork.com/home.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 09:00:11 AM »

SAM, over the years I've read the accusation that DS uses 3ABN as a carrot or stick in his personal matters, that he hires, fires, gives contracts, or takes them away based on how low they bow to him personally. This is more proof that those accusations are correct.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »

This is a personal vengeance and its only relevance to 3ABN is DS' use of the ministry as a weapon against GO for working with his ex-wife, IMO. Is the 3ABN board playing a game of Limbo? The object of the game is "how low can you go?"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up