Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3abn exonerated according to 3abn notice  (Read 18121 times)

CPAATTY

Re: 3abn exonerated according to 3abn notice
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 02:07:17 PM »

OOh I love avacado. Avacado is good in pasta salad instead of hard boiled eggs too. Yum.

Oh I quite agree.  Plus have you tried mandarin oranges in an avocado half topped with poppy seed dressing....?

YUM!

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »

Hey, how about a hot cup of postum with all that?

Emma

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 12:24:31 AM »

As this is way off topic, I will take it a little further.

Fran, I know you have had some association with this country in the past, is it enough for you to remember Kwik Bru?

I just wondered if Postum was anything like that now long defunct drink, erstwhile product of the Sanitarium Health Food Company.  I have never tasted
Postum......

GRAT

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 08:22:07 AM »

I have heard that they no longer make Postum.  Heard that a jar went on ebay for something like $60.  Never checked it out as it was never one of my favorite drinks.   :hot:

Emma

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 11:02:25 AM »

I have heard that they no longer make Postum.  Heard that a jar went on ebay for something like $60.  Never checked it out as it was never one of my favorite drinks.   :hot:

I think much the same could be said about Kwik Bru, including the prices on ebay for containers.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »

If I am not mistaken, it was General Mills, who eventually ended up producing Postum and discontinued Fall 2007, If I am not mistaken.  I mourn this loss to this day, I loved Postum, grew up with it!

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

guide4him

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »

I grew up with Postum and Breakfast Cup. I prefer Roma and Pero. I like their taste better than Postum and Breakfast Cup. I think one or both of them might have Chicory in it/them. JMHO.

WillowRun

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »

Mmmmm...kafree roma.  I haven't had a cup of that in more than a decade.  Maybe I will head over to the Sleepy Hollow store in Gentry on Sunday.   Might pick up some big franks too..

Happy Sabbath....

Willow
Respectfully,

Willow

GRAT

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 08:46:14 PM »

Still off topic but I made a salad today using sliced avocado, mandarin oranges, thinly sliced red onion and pine nuts drizzled with the poppy seed dressing.  Got the idea from this topic and it was really good!

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »

Poppy seed dressing?  How do you make it, or do you buy it?

GRAT

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »

You can buy it.  It is kind of sweet and not low calorie.  I'm sure you could make it also. Type in poppy seed dressing in google or whatever you use and you will probably find many recipes for it.  I'm pretty sure they will probably have a lower calorie version.  Was going to look at the bottle but must have left it at church.

Emma

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2009, 11:59:52 AM »

Poppy seed dressing?  How do you make it, or do you buy it?

sounds good, did you use fresh or canned mandarins?  They will not be fresh in season here for about 3 months.

GRAT

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »

I used canned but I bet fresh would be just yummy.  I think it would also be really good on fresh baby spinach.  That was my plan until I smelled my spinach and chucked it in the garbage.  It looked really good but smelled like they hadn't washed the fertilizer off it.  Kind of reminded me of something else.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up