Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Poll

How should 3ABN respond to the demand letter from Tommy Shelton's molestation victims' attorneys?

3ABN should respond by September 10.
- 13 (31%)
3ABN shouldn't respond at all to the demand letter.
- 0 (0%)
3ABN should settle within 30 days of August 18, well before the Christmas giving season.
- 11 (26.2%)
3ABN should never settle since 3ABN has never done anything wrong.
- 1 (2.4%)
3ABN should let it go to trial as soon as possible so that 3ABN can be fully vindicated.
- 1 (2.4%)
3ABN should try every stall tactic in the books, in the hopes that the case never goes to trial.
- 0 (0%)
3ABN's directors should foot the bill, since Tommy was rehired 10 years after being let go over similar allegations.
- 12 (28.6%)
I need to know what Tommy's victim's claims are before I can decide on some of these questions.
- 4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN receives demand letter with deadlines  (Read 43863 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN receives demand letter with deadlines
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »

Di,

Tommy's victims want 3ABN to negotiate a settlement. If 3ABN refuses, their lawyers say they're going to file suit against 3ABN.

It was this kind of scenario that I was concerned about in late 2006. By Tommy coming back to 3ABN to work, and by Danny covering everything up, Danny was putting 3ABN in jeopardy.
Not to mention the fact that some abuse happened on 3ABN property.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 03:33:53 PM »

My attorney's have informed me so far they have not heard anything from President Jim Gilley.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »

Di,

Tommy's victims want 3ABN to negotiate a settlement. If 3ABN refuses, their lawyers say they're going to file suit against 3ABN.

It was this kind of scenario that I was concerned about in late 2006. By Tommy coming back to 3ABN to work, and by Danny covering everything up, Danny was putting 3ABN in jeopardy.
Not to mention the fact that some abuse happened on 3ABN property.

Uh oh. They're in trouble.

My attorney's have informed me so far they have not heard anything from President Jim Gilley.

How long does Jim usually take to respond to letters?

Some lawyers make a lot of money. Would any of these lawyers be interested in donating to 3ABN?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 04:27:28 PM »

How will this affect the dismissed lawsuit against you and Joy that you are appealing, or is it were appealing?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 04:32:07 PM »

I hate these quotes. Edited to fix it....

I am going to quote part of the Demand letter that was sent to President Gilley:

"Our clients are benefitted by having full documentation of many of the allegations, witnesses and written statements. We are in possession of all these materials."  

It goes on to say,

"In my 20 years of experience as a trial lawyer, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have accepted a case as well- documented as this. Both of our clients are both well spoken, credible, and extremely sympathetic If you doubt me, I urge you to obtain the transcript from their testimony in the criminal matter."

Edited to fix quotes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:56:09 AM by Artiste »
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 05:43:16 PM »

I hate these quotes. Edited to fix it....

I am going to quote part of the Demand letter that was sent to President Gilley:

"Our clients are benefitted by having full documentation of many of the allegations, witnesses and written statements. We are in possession of all these materials."  

It goes on to say,

"In my 20 years of experience as a trial lawyer, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have accepted a case as well- documented as this. Both of our clients are both well spoken, credible, and extremely sympathetic If you doubt me, I urge you to obtain the transcript from their testimony in the criminal matter."

Edited to fix quotes.
That kinda blows all the talk we're hearing from the other site about "oh, it will be thrown out" completely out of the water, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:04:57 AM by Artiste »
Duane Clem

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »

How will this affect the dismissed lawsuit against you and Joy that you are appealing, or is it were appealing?

We still have two appeals going. One is fully briefed and the other isn't briefed at all. The second appeal got hung up because Attorneys Greg Simpson and John Pucci refuse to return the sealed bank statements that Christine Parizo unlawfully took from the federal courthouse in Worcester, MA.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »

"This offer will expire at the close of buiness on September 10, 2010. After that point, we will initiate the filing of a formal lawsuit in Illinois, against 3ABN, Danny Shelton, Pastor Shelton, and other culpable parties."

"In the event we cannot reach a settlement within the next 30 days, the future prospects of successfully resolving this case are, in short, dim."

Edited to fix quotes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:08:24 AM by Artiste »
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 07:23:54 PM »

"This offer will expire at the close of buiness on September 10, 2010. After that point, we will initiate the filing of a formal lawsuit in Illinois, against 3ABN, Danny Shelton, Pastor Shelton, and other culpable parties."

"In the event we cannot reach a settlement within the next 30 days, the future prospects of successfully resolving this case are, in short, dim."

Edited to fix quotes.

The Sheltons do NOT like to be spoken to in this manner. I wonder if they think they can "hang tough" and then this will just go away.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:09:29 AM by Artiste »
Duane Clem

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »

The second appeal got hung up because Attorneys Greg Simpson and John Pucci refuse to return the sealed bank statements that Christine Parizo unlawfully took from the federal courthouse in Worcester, MA.

It seems to me that this item would be interesting to the media as part of the story.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »

Are attorneys Greg Simpson and John Pucci part of the original team that worked for Garwin McNeilus?  Or somebody else?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »

Are attorneys Greg Simpson and John Pucci part of the original team that worked for Garwin McNeilus?  Or somebody else?

You're thinking of Gerald Duffy of Minneapolis.

Pucci is local counsel in Massachusetts.

Simpson used to work for Duffy's firm. Why did he leave? Because of how our case was going? Because Duffy needed to distance himself as far as possible from our case? I don't know.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 04:55:10 PM »

More from the letter:

"3ABN's behavior constitutes an ongoing conspiracy of silence that enabled and protected pastor Shelton- it continues to this day. After abusing children in multiple states, 3ABN and Danny Shelton brought Pastor Shelton home to work as a programming director for 3ABN. In 2003, 3ABN was again warned about Pastor Shelton's abuses by Pastor Glen Dryden. In response, 3ABN did nothing. In fact, 3ABN kept Pastor Shelton employed under the guise of being a safe and wholesome representative for a number of years."

Edited to fix quote.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:49:32 PM by Artiste »
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »

More from the letter:

"3ABN's behavior constitutes an ongoing conspiracy of silence that enabled and protected pastor Shelton- it continues to this day. After abusing children in multiple states, 3ABN and Danny Shelton brought Pastor Shelton home to work as a programming director for 3ABN. In 2003, 3ABN was again warned about Pastor Shelton's abuses by Pastor Glen Dryden. In response, 3ABN did nothing. In fact, 3ABN kept Pastor Shelton employed under the guise of being a safe and wholesome representative for a number of years."

Edited to fix quote.

And there goes the "Danny didn't know" defense.
Duane Clem

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 07:29:22 PM »

If you take a look at page 29 of 3ABN's 2009 Form 990, you'll find that 3ABN paid Tommy $8,246 in 2009.

Now Linda got booted out of there in 2004 for talking too long on the telephone to a doctor in Norway, a "sin" called "spiritual adultery" by Danny Shelton, but Tommy molests boys and 3ABN still is having Tommy do work for it. Even though Jim Gilley allegedly took over in 2007.

But payments to Tommy were down from the $12,130 paid in 2008.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up