Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: "... 3ABN, the denomination’s TV station ..."  (Read 37136 times)

GRAT

Re: "... 3ABN, the denomination’s TV station ..."
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »

Tinka - Are you saying that a woman who has a "vegetable" is a sinner and that is why the child is born defective?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2010, 04:38:10 PM »

Tinka - Are you saying that a woman who has a "vegetable" is a sinner and that is why the child is born defective?

No Grat, I am saying that a woman who does sinful things, drugs, drinks smoking and harmful things that causes the baby to be a vegetable is just as responsible. sorry I did not make that more clear. I know that I have a terrible problem as my fingers type I think as fast as my brain projects and I miss words, misspell, and turn thoughts around and I know I should be more careful. I know for a fact that no one would think of me helping critique a book someone has written. If it is critical I take the time of correctness.  I write terrible but know when someone else writes good. (smile). time is always a factor with me. also had some hard days this past week.

mrst53

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2010, 12:07:13 PM »

Excuse my stupidity, but what is "SP"?

Emma

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »

Literally SP is Spirit of Prophecy, in SDA terms it refers to the writings of Ellen White.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »

We move on, and change with the seasons of change in culture, advancement of knowledge and with technology. "He who rejects change is the architect of decay." Harold Wilson.

Johann

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »

When I was a small boy growing up Adventist but in a Lutherans society I saw the gowns the Lutheran parsons wear when they preach as a mark of the Beast. Later on I discovered that those gowns are really the kind of clothes any respectable gentleman would wear during the days of the Reformation, or when their Church originated by none other than Martin Luther. ...

Martin Luther didn't originate the Lutheran Church. That came later, no?

SDAminister

Depends how technical/critical you want to be. Try carrying your statement as a slogan on a banner through one of the Luther Institutes of Germany or Schools of Theology in Scandinavia and see how far you get. In my country the Lutheran Church is the state church and it claims to be established by Martin Luther. The Augsburg Confession is from 1530 or 16 years before the death of Martin Luther.

Many Lutherans consider Martin Luther not only the originator but the Prophet of the Lutheran Church, and they study his writings as such.

horsethief

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2010, 07:13:11 AM »

Luther never sought to leave the Roman Catholic Church. He had no idea what would come to pass after he nailed those 95 theses on the door of the Wittenburg Cathedral. He never renounced his Catholicism. The Roman Catholics excommunicated him.

Anyway, we all know that 3ABN doesn't represent our church even though they say and act like they do. We allm know that Danny is nothing like Moses or Jesus or any of his other comparisons. None of us care to sip Danny's Kool-Ade.

He's just as fake as his hair.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »

That's just wrong, Horsethief!  LOL!!!  As a p[rofessional hairstylist, Danny's hair always did kind of work my nerves.   He needs a good hair piece, with a decent color.       :ROFL:

He's just as fake as his hair.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

GRAT

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

Well, he will need something soon because his hairline on the sides is receding while the hair plugs are staying in so he is looking like he has a Mohawk. 

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »

How many Koreans have you seen sporting afros? I have only seen one, and his name is Kim Jong Il. He wears high heels and keeps his hair in an afro in order to simulate height. Sometimes those vertically held hair plugs on top can be an important addition to high-heeled boots in creating the illusion that one is a little taller than they are. When it comes to presentation of self, everyone has their individual needs and quirks. Danny and Kim Jong Il wish to be viewed as being taller, most women use makeup to look smoother and younger, Tinka want to look simple, others prefer to affect tatoos... and so on. I have seen SDAs who wear their hair, facial hair, and clothing in the styles seen in pictures of the late 19th century founding fathers of the church as that makes them feel that they are somehow closer to God than those with modern styles... oh well. Variety and oddities make life interesting.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2010, 03:54:53 AM »

Well, he will need something soon because his hairline on the sides is receding while the hair plugs are staying in so he is looking like he has a Mohawk. 

Meow  :ROFL:  :cat:  :oops:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2010, 05:35:10 AM »

Variety and oddities make life interesting.

Variety, vanity and oddities make life interesting. and show many defects of character. as attentions is brought to self the defects. Tatoos was once a navy, prision thing, here in America --now what is it????? I think it must be a "followers paradise" of "Satans marks of owning" . I think it is not the tatoo as much as the reason a person wants one.  It is the most disgusting thing along with the  peircings and cutting of the body. It appears they hate their body, mind and soul. Then it is no longer interesting but tragic as we see thousands go down with no thoughts of eternity with God who loved them. This is heart wrenching.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2010, 09:51:51 AM »

:ROFL:  That is hilarious!!!  See, Hair Club would not let him go out like that!   :ROFL:  who does his hair anyway, and Tommy's for that matter?  They look a ruckus all the time. 

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

horsethief

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »

Anyone here ever watched "DELIVERANCE' ???

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2010, 05:17:43 AM »

Is that a tv program or a movie? What is the story of it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up