Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN sued over child molestation!  (Read 112525 times)

vestedinterest

Re: 3ABN sued over child molestation!
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2011, 02:58:50 PM »

According to the complaint, Alex Walker, is demanding 5,000,000,000.  Anyone know if I'm reading that correctly?
Mmmm, $5 Billion seems a bit unlikely, Adam, but not sure where you read it to see if you are reading it correctly.  :dunno:

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »

I appologize added to many 0's. Thanks for correcting me on that.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2011, 03:32:26 PM »

Adam,
Please relate to Alex my heartfelt statement for him.
I am just recuperating and still on pain meds for exploratory surgery to undue cysts and infection for 2 years from bad dental work. Whole face is taking a beating right now but I was shocked when I opened up just now on a better day for me.

First of all the shock is that I have your twin for a grandson, handsome, wholesome, clean cut looking. He is just 15 though and is tops in all sports and looks about 18 in size and maturity.
 I saw you and my heart I do not know if angrier or outburst in tears. Alex, you are a beautiful person, and must by all means feel that all this will come to an end and you have everything going to lead the rest of your life to eternity. It has been a horrible trial and some even worse as some are murdered in body and spirit. You appear to stand and have courage and as bad as it seems now, this post has endured, justifications, cover ups, lies and horrible ness from all directions of disbelief from the denials of the  :horse"eating up all the hay" and where did all that hay go to --nowhere but to the ground and now they will suffer the consequences. They have been warned by few and felt all would be protected by their secondary Hollywood performances as long as they felt they were giving their own style praises to the Lord. Same thing as Cain and Able. God excepted Able but not Cain.
So now their unbelief of this will soon turn to belief...that justice comes around sooner or later.
I am so sad Alex for you or anyone that is triggered like this, but stay courageous and know one thing.... All the rest would not have happened if corruption and misgivings were not in that fold of every kind. So therefore your story is just one aspect of their corruption of many. Do not let this take you far from Jesus as all have trials,traumas, and traps of nets we all seem to fall in some much different and some worse. I am praying for your closure of the worst part. Don't worry now finish it in stride and look to true love and family in the future. It was an experience that will give you the best aid to others. I would hug you if I could but soon it will be behind and then let it be there or your belief in God will be in want as you must believe to bury it with Him as His Grace will help in all things. They could have handled it all differently to aid in your welfare but they chose this route themselves and that is no doubt the work of the devil on their behalf and their stupidity of ignoring. But will the church now take note??? their laxness in tolerating such actions and loyalties??? Remains to be seen! Take care Alex and hope you listen to your elders (smile) we all been there one way or the other lol.

Tinka:

Thank you for the kind words.  They are most appreciated.  May God continue to bless you. 

Alex L. Walker
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2011, 03:36:40 PM »

Watch Alex here:

Just realized how much my "red" hair stood out.  :ROFL:
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »

A lengthier article has been posted at theSouthern.com by the Southern Illinoisian:

"Tommy Shelton accused of sex abuse"

If anyone gets a copy of 3ABN's statement, please send me a copy.

What do you think of some of the statements in this article? It sounds like 3ABN is uncomfortable admitting that Tommy had an important position at 3ABN, doesn't it?

One thing the article says is: "While there is no formal affiliation, 3ABN supports the Seventh-day Adventist denomination."

What happened? Does this mean that 3ABN is no longer a member of ASI?

In order to become a member of ASI, you have to fill out an application and get recommendations from your pastor and elder, as I recall. That's kind of formal, isn't it? And ASI's headquarters are in the GC building. Yet the article indicates that 3ABN has no formal affiliation to the Adventist church. Are they no longer members of ASI, then?

According to Schedule O of 3ABN's 2009 Form 990, "All officer remuneration is set by action of the Board of Trustees and falls within the remuneration guidelines of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists."

So if 3ABN has severed all formal ties with the Adventist Church, it seems that that must have happened after 2009.

JustWondering

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »

A lengthier article has been posted at theSouthern.com by the Southern Illinoisian:

What do you think of some of the statements in this article? It sounds like 3ABN is uncomfortable admitting that Tommy had an important position at 3ABN, doesn't it?

One thing the article says is: "While there is no formal affiliation, 3ABN supports the Seventh-day Adventist denomination."

No, it means absolutely nothing.  Your quoting the reporter as though 3ABN said this.    :o
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:18:40 PM by JustWondering »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »

No, it means absolutely nothing.  Your quoting the reporter as though 3ABN said this.    :o

Good point.

It's just that that statement is right in the middle of a string of paragraphs that are quotes or paraphrases of what 3ABN said. And it does sound similar to the false assertion made in the lawsuit 3ABN filed against us.

JustWondering

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19:34 PM »

Good point.

It's just that that statement is right in the middle of a string of paragraphs that are quotes or paraphrases of what 3ABN said. And it does sound similar to the false assertion made in the lawsuit 3ABN filed against us.
Actually, according to the CBS Chicago article, 3ABN is part of the Seventh-Day Adventist denomination.
Suit: TV Pastor Sexually Assaulted Boy A Decade Ago   ???

JustWondering

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2011, 08:26:32 PM »

Just wait til Alex enters the "No spin Zone" with Bill O'Reilley off fox news!
Adam, any word on when this is going to happen?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »

Just wait til Alex enters the "No spin Zone" with Bill O'Reilley off fox news!
Adam, any word on when this is going to happen?

I'm not sure.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »

ADVENTIST NETWORK 3ABN AND FOUNDER'S BROTHER SUED IN CHILD-SEX CASE

POSTED BY
ChatyChaty.com

Founder of 3ABN, Danny Shelton [Photo]

An international Christian radio and television network based in West Frankfort in southern Illinois and the brother of the network's founder were named in a federal child-sex-abuse lawsuit filed in Chicago on Monday.

Three Angels Broadcasting Network, or 3ABN, and the Rev. Tommy Shelton, the brother of the network's founder Danny Shelton, were named in the complaint filed by plaintiff Alex Walker, of Mattoon.

Walker, now 25, alleges that Tommy Shelton sexually abused him when he worked as a production assistant at 3ABN in 2001. Walker's lawyer, Jeff Herman, of Miami, said Shelton commuted to 3ABN from his home in Kentucky for the purpose of abusing Walker, which Herman believes makes the civil suit a federal case.

The suit accuses 3ABN of negligence, claiming leaders were aware of the threat Shelton posed to children.

In statement released by 3ABN, the network said Shelton had no reason to come into contact with Walker, who was closely supervised by Walker's older brother.

"3ABN does not believe that the claims against it have any merit," the statement said. "We intend to vigorously defend the good name of our organization."

Walker said he originally met Shelton in 1997 during a two-month visit to Virginia, where Shelton served as a pastor. Shelton now faces criminal charges in Virginia's Fairfax County tied to Walker's and another man's abuse allegations.

According to the civil suit filed Monday, Shelton, a pastor ordained by the Church of God, was suspended by that denomination in 1985 apparently after sexual abuse allegations against him surfaced. He continued to work for Ezra Church of God until the early 1990s.

Shortly after leaving, he started working a variety of jobs for 3ABN, the suit says, eventually moving to Virginia.

After Walker's brother married Shelton's daughter, he said, he visited the couple and Shelton in Virginia in 1997. Walker said Shelton abused him on bike rides behind the church where he worked during a two-month time period.

In 2001, Walker said his brother got him a part-time job in the production department of 3ABN in West Frankfort, where Shelton then worked. The abuse continued for a year, according to the suit.

In 2008, Walker went to law enforcement in Virginia, where there is no statute of limitations on sexual abuse allegations. Herman said they would report the allegations in Illinois to federal authorities.

The 3ABN network is affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church. A Seventh-day Adventist group called Save-3ABN has created a website demanding transparency and accountability from the network. It has posted numerous letters and documents that indicate the network was aware of allegations against Shelton decades ago.

In response, the network has sued the group for defamation of character and trademark infringement.

"It's against our faith to lie," said Bob Pickle, one of the defendants in that lawsuit. "It's against our faith to molest children. The idea of no accountability has the potential for making my faith look bad."

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »

Good point.

Actually, according to the CBS Chicago article, 3ABN is part of the Seventh-Day Adventist denomination.
Suit: TV Pastor Sexually Assaulted Boy A Decade Ago   ???

Wow, so this article states the amount the victim is wanting
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2011, 10:36:44 PM »

ADVENTIST NETWORK 3ABN AND FOUNDER'S BROTHER SUED IN CHILD-SEX CASE

POSTED BY
ChatyChaty.com

Founder of 3ABN, Danny Shelton [Photo]

An international Christian radio and television network based in West Frankfort in southern Illinois and the brother of the network's founder were named in a federal child-sex-abuse lawsuit filed in Chicago on Monday.

Three Angels Broadcasting Network, or 3ABN, and the Rev. Tommy Shelton, the brother of the network's founder Danny Shelton, were named in the complaint filed by plaintiff Alex Walker, of Mattoon.

Walker, now 25, alleges that Tommy Shelton sexually abused him when he worked as a production assistant at 3ABN in 2001. Walker's lawyer, Jeff Herman, of Miami, said Shelton commuted to 3ABN from his home in Kentucky for the purpose of abusing Walker, which Herman believes makes the civil suit a federal case.

The suit accuses 3ABN of negligence, claiming leaders were aware of the threat Shelton posed to children.

In statement released by 3ABN, the network said Shelton had no reason to come into contact with Walker, who was closely supervised by Walker's older brother.

"3ABN does not believe that the claims against it have any merit," the statement said. "We intend to vigorously defend the good name of our organization."

Walker said he originally met Shelton in 1997 during a two-month visit to Virginia, where Shelton served as a pastor. Shelton now faces criminal charges in Virginia's Fairfax County tied to Walker's and another man's abuse allegations.

According to the civil suit filed Monday, Shelton, a pastor ordained by the Church of God, was suspended by that denomination in 1985 apparently after sexual abuse allegations against him surfaced. He continued to work for Ezra Church of God until the early 1990s.

Shortly after leaving, he started working a variety of jobs for 3ABN, the suit says, eventually moving to Virginia.

After Walker's brother married Shelton's daughter, he said, he visited the couple and Shelton in Virginia in 1997. Walker said Shelton abused him on bike rides behind the church where he worked during a two-month time period.

In 2001, Walker said his brother got him a part-time job in the production department of 3ABN in West Frankfort, where Shelton then worked. The abuse continued for a year, according to the suit.

In 2008, Walker went to law enforcement in Virginia, where there is no statute of limitations on sexual abuse allegations. Herman said they would report the allegations in Illinois to federal authorities.

The 3ABN network is affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church. A Seventh-day Adventist group called Save-3ABN has created a website demanding transparency and accountability from the network. It has posted numerous letters and documents that indicate the network was aware of allegations against Shelton decades ago.

In response, the network has sued the group for defamation of character and trademark infringement.

"It's against our faith to lie," said Bob Pickle, one of the defendants in that lawsuit. "It's against our faith to molest children. The idea of no accountability has the potential for making my faith look bad."

Nice Article! Wow! A mug-shot of Danny.  :ROFL:
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2011, 10:51:02 PM »

Did anyone notice that Alex's attorney's mention they are going to file the sex abuse acts committed by Tommy to the Federal authorities?
Billy Graham

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2011, 11:00:10 PM »

Did anyone notice that Alex's attorney's mention they are going to file the sex abuse acts committed by Tommy to the Federal authorities?

Yes, I noticed that.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up